ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP-LA Tech Game Thread

I'm ok with Dimel bringing Smith back. The issue I have is that he went into recruiting as if he would not be on the team, and was still unable to bring in anyone who could contribute. The lack of playmakers is so glaring, any coach knows scoring just a couple of times is all you need. The game yesterday was basically over 3 minutes into the game. Sad.
Why would any playmaker want to play in this antiquated 1960s offense that prides itself in running the ball and passing as little as necessary?

To all 9,101 of us who went to the the game and the tens of those watching on tv, my condolences. It was down right painful.
Between the terrible coaching ( both teams)
Awful qb play, dirty plays ( especially LT) stupid plays( Stewart), incompetent refs it was enough to make a football fan vomit.
The one saving grace for me was I was given tickets, don’t know whether to thank the person or cuss him out.
I guess being a fan of the Miners I should be used to this cruel and unjust punishment.

Dimel lost the team, he has to be feeling it now. Smile all you want. Senter is about ready, to push reset. I’d be shocked if Dimel finishes the season. Likely waiting until after their 6th loss. To save money on the buyout.
I didn't think about that, good point. Once a losing season is confirmed his bonuses don't kick in.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Why would any playmaker want to play in this antiquated 1960s offense that prides itself in running the ball and passing as little as necessary?
Even in this offense we have seen guys like Smith and Cowing produce enough to be called up. If anything, Dimel should be able to point to those guys as examples. Again, I am pointing out Dimel's failures recruiting to counter the argument that he has put together great talent at UTEP. While recruiting rankings aren't perfect, in this case, they are right on with UTEP being at the bottom of the pile even in this latest watered down iteration of CUSA.

How about forcing Dimel to surrender the worst offense in the conference and one of the worst in the country to someone elsse?

I bet he does nothing though. Nothing but an empty suit just collecting a check.
I’m sure they will. You acted like you wanted him to do that in the middle of the game. I’m sure after we beat NMSU and get another win or two things will feel better and Mr Senter can make a more informed decision come off-season

Even in this offense we have seen guys like Smith and Cowing produce enough to be called up. If anything, Dimel should be able to point to those guys as examples. Again, I am pointing out Dimel's failures recruiting to counter the argument that he has put together great talent at UTEP. While recruiting rankings aren't perfect, in this case, they are right on with UTEP being at the bottom of the pile even in this latest watered down iteration of CUSA.
Smith has been on the field for 3 games this year. He’s looked terrible. Not exactly justifying his NIL deals

Reactions: kickballpro
I’m sure they will. You acted like you wanted him to do that in the middle of the game. I’m sure after we beat NMSU and get another win or two things will feel better and Mr Senter can make a more informed decision come off-season
What the hell are you talking about. We will be lucky to be competitive in any more Games. After 5.5 years of crappy football he needs to see more to make an informative decision.
If he was coo of a for profit company his ass would have been let go 3years ago. He’s had one good hire, maybe two, and hasn’t done jack s—t to raise the athletic department.
Wilson should can both their asses ASAP.

You're very confident this team is going to win another game this year.

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
NMSU can score, they will sadly likely beat UTEP. Though, I wonder if Kill is more sick than stated.
If they’re playing for their coach, they’re going to come out on fire, and motivated. All Dimel will do is run the ball to shorten the game. That’s the only adjustment he’s ever made as UTEP coach. We’ll get turned over in the first half.

That's the offense you have to run with Hardison as QB. Still an indictment on Dimel.
I’d give Hardison a little slack. He’s a bad QB, we know that. But Dimel is so conservative and so boring offensively. And the fact that he’s recruited all these guys is why I blame him more than the players themselves. Hurley averaged 147 yards passing and completed only 50% of his passes at NE Mississippi CC. Those aren’t impressive numbers at all, and that’s our no. 2. But the TV broadcast pointed out that the UTEP WRs appeared to slow down when balls were overthrown and they could have made a play.

I’d give Hardison a little slack. He’s a bad QB, we know that. But Dimel is so conservative and so boring offensively. And the fact that he’s recruited all these guys is why I blame him more than the players themselves. Hurley averaged 147 yards passing and completed only 50% of his passes at NE Mississippi CC. Those aren’t impressive numbers at all, and that’s our no. 2. But the TV broadcast pointed out that the UTEP WRs appeared to slow down when balls were overthrown and they could have made a play.
I won't give Hardison any slack because there's nothing there to hang my hat on. Without Cowing, Hardison has never been any good. So it takes an elite level G5 WR for Hardison to look halfway decent. I feel awful for the dude though. Dude has no business starting in FBS and yet keeps getting trotted out there by Dimel. Hardison should be playing at a lower level FCS program at best, not a lower level FBS program.

Outside of RB the offensive talent does suck. Really bad. Offense from coaching to players suck. All can be true and Hardison can be awful no excuses.

I won't give Hardison any slack because there's nothing there to hang my hat on. Without Cowing, Hardison has never been any good. So it takes an elite level G5 WR for Hardison to look halfway decent. I feel awful for the dude though. Dude has no business starting in FBS and yet keeps getting trotted out there by Dimel. Hardison should be playing at a lower level FCS program at best, not a lower level FBS program.

Outside of RB the offensive talent does suck. Really bad. Offense from coaching to players suck. All can be true and Hardison can be awful no excuses.
I’m not defending Hardison at all. He’s awful, and I’ve voiced my displeasure many times. But as much as I blame him, I REALLY blame Dimel for bringing him in and failing to recruit anyone with talent to beat this guy out cleanly.

Can the offense score enough points to smash someone???? A smashing for UTEP standards is like a score of 17-3 and a TOP of 40 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: EPUTEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT