ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP/NMSU Conference Mates

UTEP and NMSU should be in the same conference

• Hell yes!

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Fvck no!

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
I don't think the choice really is would you rather have this or that. I'll always be glad and proud that UTEP has the natty plus other great history in basketball. I also would not want UTEP to be in the precarious athletic situation that NMSU is in with no conference for their football and an even weaker conference than CUSA for their other sports. Good for them that they get to the dance because of that weak conference. That's always exciting. And good for them that they won a bowl game. I would love for UTEP to do that too. All I want is for UTEP to have consistantly good and once in a while excellent football and mbb teams. I'm not in the least concerned about success or failure at NMSU.

I don't think the choice really is would you rather have this or that. I'll always be glad and proud that UTEP has the natty plus other great history in basketball. I also would not want UTEP to be in the precarious athletic situation that NMSU is in with no conference for their football and an even weaker conference than CUSA for their other sports. Good for them that they get to the dance because of that weak conference. That's always exciting. And good for them that they won a bowl game. I would love for UTEP to do that too. All I want is for UTEP to have consistantly good and once in a while excellent football and mbb teams. I'm not in the least concerned about success or failure at NMSU.
Very well said. There’s no denying that nmsu has a nice gig at the wac. They have failed to capitalize on it and have instead molded themselves into the big fish in the mud puddle. Their conference championships are seen as meaningless by their conference rivals. The MW has an open basketball spot and they don’t invite a team in their footprint that has made 10 straight or whatever ncaa appearances. The Sun Belt also has b-ball members only but they have no desire to add the mighty aggies. Of what good is it to have so many recent WAC titles if no one takes them seriously?

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
The MW has an open basketball spot and they don’t invite a team in their footprint that has made 10 straight or whatever ncaa appearances. The Sun Belt also has b-ball members only but they have no desire to add the mighty aggies. Of what good is it to have so many recent WAC titles if no one takes them seriously?

No context. The MWC invited Gonzaga for their “open basketball spot”. NMSU is not Gonzaga. Gonzaga is a major program playing in a mid-major conference. They are not going to invite NMSU to “fill” that spot unless they start winning 30 games, being top 25, and making deep NCAA tournament runs. Footprint or not, NMSU doesn’t add much.

The Sun Belt has UTA and UALR as basketball only members. UALR has been in the Sun Belt for a long time. UTA has a new arena, located in “Dallas”, and was added when “markets” were all the rage in conference expansion. NMSU is far outside the footprint of most SBC schools. Again, they are not near the level of Gonzaga for them to expand their footprint to remain a 1 bid league.

You guys always trash the WAC, but we can’t even beat the Aggies on a regular basis. Take a damn look in the mirror.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
No context. The MWC invited Gonzaga for their “open basketball spot”. NMSU is not Gonzaga. Gonzaga is a major program playing in a mid-major conference. They are not going to invite NMSU to “fill” that spot unless they start winning 30 games, being top 25, and making deep NCAA tournament runs. Footprint or not, NMSU doesn’t add much.

The Sun Belt has UTA and UALR as basketball only members. UALR has been in the Sun Belt for a long time. UTA has a new arena, located in “Dallas”, and was added when “markets” were all the rage in conference expansion. NMSU is far outside the footprint of most SBC schools. Again, they are not near the level of Gonzaga for them to expand their footprint to remain a 1 bid league.

You guys always trash the WAC, but we can’t even beat the Aggies on a regular basis. Take a damn look in the mirror.
So in other words all those league titles and ncaa appearances are worthless. Glad you finally caught on. The WAC deserves to be trashed. No one from there has won an ncaa tournament game in 40 years. I looked in the mirror. Even though we haven’t won a bowl game in 50 years and haven’t made the NCAAT in 10 years we still have a home for our football team and we don’t play in one of the worst basketball league in the country. I guess a bowl win and NCAAT appearances don’t do anything for nmsu.

So in other words all those league titles and ncaa appearances are worthless. Glad you finally caught on. The WAC deserves to be trashed. No one from there has won an ncaa tournament game in 40 years. I looked in the mirror. Even though we haven’t won a bowl game in 50 years and haven’t made the NCAAT in 10 years we still have a home for our football team and we don’t play in one of the worst basketball league in the country. I guess a bowl win and NCAAT appearances don’t do anything for nmsu.

You’re not very bright. Deuces

I bet the NCAA would love to replace NMSU with a better draw every year.

Funny that the "shit hole school" has owned UTEP for many years.

Don’t you know that modern day results don’t matter? Winning a championship 54 years ago is MUCH better than winning now. Conference USA is great too!!!!! Every year you have a 1/14 chance of making the NCAA Tournament. That a 7% chance, the lowest of any single bid conference in the nation. CUSA also rules because UTEP can play in 7 different bowl games. Doesn’t matter that you can’t qualify for one and the team you’re claiming “superiority” over has a winning streak against you. If NMSU is a “shit hole” school, I don’t want to know what UTEP would be considered.

NMSU needs there own Dr. Diana Natalicio. 5-10-15-25 year blue print. Work Santa Fe politicos over and over. Get a Bob Stull for an AD. Sure things went south for him his last few years but he did transform UTEP athletics, hate him or love him. Diana Natalicio told every young girl in EP "You belong here and build your future. And bring mom, too". You know what? It worked. UTEP is a leader in educating young hispanic women in engineering and other fields. NMSU can help LC with their primary schools who lag behind. Do the same thing she did. Also, for twenty plus years I heard on the local sports radio telling listeners to support UTEP athletics, mostly coming from Kap. Mike Price taught UTEP to paint the town orange and blue and to be like a politician sometimes; shake some hands and get your picture taken with babies and kids even if it goes to midnight. Show local coaches "I'm here for you, not vice versa". Hit that asphalt and wear it out. If the door slams in your face, move on but come back to them later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT