ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP NMSU Preview

going for 4 straight. The last time UTEP football beat Las Cruces the current 4th year seniors were in high school. Frustrating. If the streak isn't broken I say we're in for a really terrible season overall.

Worst case scenario: UTEP loses to NMSU and Bethune Cookman... does Dimel make the trip to Boise?
Hope not. In that scenario UTEP should just drop football and start a coed flag football team.

Will it be possible to watch the game if you are going to be out of town this weekend. It won’t let me stream kiva if I’m not connected to my home wifi.

Are Aggie and Miner fans going to the game Saturday night will be forced to mask up around Aggie Memorial Stadium?

going for 4 straight. The last time UTEP football beat Las Cruces the current 4th year seniors were in high school. Frustrating. If the streak isn't broken I say we're in for a really terrible season overall.

Worst case scenario: UTEP loses to NMSU and Bethune Cookman... does Dimel make the trip to Boise?
I know UTEP Miner fans have no reason to feel confident over the last several years, but I honestly am not very worried about the Aggies in this one. I think UTEP is just alot better and deeper than they are.

I know UTEP Miner fans have no reason to feel confident over the last several years, but I honestly am not very worried about the Aggies in this one. I think UTEP is just alot better and deeper than they are.
The biggest stat that is not "on the field" related is NMSU was a firm "No" to Martin's request to negotiate one additional year to his and staff contract due to Covid. This is the last year ("Martin's base salary for 2018 is $419,640.40, or $55,596 more than his previous base.....runs through April 30, 2022. The base salary increases each year to a high of $437,000 in 2021").

hmmmmmm......is he on the hot seat?

IMO, this month will determine Martin's future and a home game against FCS SC State in four weeks does not look "for sure" after a bad 2021 spring. Beat UTEP, UNM, SC State and a good showing against Hawaii in a month and at home and he should be safe. How can Moccia fire him given the past year circumstance after wins against two deeply hated rivals?

Sure bet: UTEP will see the kitchen sink thrown in for game one against UTEP by Martin. HC's like to avoid razzle dazzle or pulling the ace out, but after nine years, Moccia appears to want to move on and Martin knows it. NMSU will come out swinging hard this game. Dimel better be ready.

The biggest stat that is not "on the field" related is NMSU was a firm "No" to Martin's request to negotiate one additional year to his and staff contract due to Covid. This is the last year ("Martin's base salary for 2018 is $419,640.40, or $55,596 more than his previous base.....runs through April 30, 2022. The base salary increases each year to a high of $437,000 in 2021").

hmmmmmm......is he on the hot seat?

IMO, this month will determine Martin's future and a home game against FCS SC State in four weeks does not look "for sure" after a bad 2021 spring. Beat UTEP, UNM, SC State and a good showing against Hawaii in a month and at home and he should be safe. How can Moccia fire him given the past year circumstance after wins against two deeply hated rivals?

Sure bet: UTEP will see the kitchen sink thrown in for game one against UTEP by Martin. HC's like to avoid razzle dazzle or pulling the ace out, but after nine years, Moccia appears to want to move on and Martin knows it. NMSU will come out swinging hard this game. Dimel better be ready.
Eh... Still not really worried I stick to my 31-21 prediction and that's only, because NMSU might score later in 4th after it's 31-14. NMSU will not stop the run and if they try and Garrison is at least decently accurate, we have 2 outstanding WR's at least compared to what we usually have. Big Plays will be open both in running game and passing and they will be one dimensional with unproven QBs who will be pressured all night.

Is there any possibility that the state of New Mexico will make the players on both teams wear masks while playing the way they are doing with the high schools?

Eh... Still not really worried I stick to my 31-21 prediction and that's only, because NMSU might score later in 4th after it's 31-14. NMSU will not stop the run and if they try and Garrison is at least decently accurate, we have 2 outstanding WR's at least compared to what we usually have. Big Plays will be open both in running game and passing and they will be one dimensional with unproven QBs who will be pressured all night.
Oh, I agree. I was just pointing out that Martin's fanny is on the hot seat, just like Dimel's. But unlike Dimel, Martin just doesn't have the overall depth like Dimel has this year. I didn't know he had 40 new players? That's a challenge. On the flip side, you can count on a Dimel offense to be inefficient for a few drives and Barney Fife a good offensive drive with his play calling instead of putting at the very least 3 on the board.

I don’t think they would be near as bad as NMSU selling less than 7,000 tickets for the game tomorrow. I would guess UTEP has at least 7,000 in season tickets sold.
Maybe but the way things have been going I doubt we have 5k season ticket holders. It would be nice to have a reporter dig that information up.

"This year is the first time since 2019 that NMSU has hosted a true game.....How will this Battle of I-10 be different for the fans? There will be a lot of activities and events before actual game time. Aggie Memorial Stadium seats about 30,000 fans and they are expecting a sell-out. People are not required to wear a face mask in the stadium or while tailgating." https://www.ktsm.com/local/nine-on-9-utep-and-nmsu-football-programs-continue-battle-of-i-10/

Drunk Aggies and Miners in one stadium, post covid in Las Cruces? Maybe I am glad it's there this year.

"This year is the first time since 2019 that NMSU has hosted a true game.....How will this Battle of I-10 be different for the fans? There will be a lot of activities and events before actual game time. Aggie Memorial Stadium seats about 30,000 fans and they are expecting a sell-out. People are not required to wear a face mask in the stadium or while tailgating." https://www.ktsm.com/local/nine-on-9-utep-and-nmsu-football-programs-continue-battle-of-i-10/

Drunk Aggies and Miners in one stadium, post covid in Las Cruces? Maybe I am glad it's there this year.
The other day they were hoping for 20k but expecting 15k. Now they expect a sellout?

• Haha
Reactions: Cube Jack
The game will be streamed at twitch.tv/aggiefromneptune. I stream all the Aggie games so if you don't mind seeing a bunch of Aggies in the chat this is the go to place. I'll be doing this for any Aggie Miner game in the future.
That was nice to share. (I will keep the high road, God willing)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT