ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP NU Game Thread

Who were some of the coaches that we know of that applied for the Utep job when dimel got it ?

I can’t wait for the post-game comments from Coach.

Then hearing Kappy and Colin defend this mess! They still can’t believe UTEP and NMSU are in the same conference!
People need to call out the guys on Miner Talk too. They were acting like UTEP was going to go on the road and smash Northwestern because they ran all over a D-2 school.

I can’t believe Dimel thought they played good football in the first half. Northwestern just managed to play worse in the first half. Not one person thought UTEP looked good in that first half.

Honestly if we continue get Blown out by Northwestern Dimel should absolutely be fired, not even debatable. The AD and President are doing a disservice to faithful Utep fans! Fans have proved they will show up for a winner. Dimel and this team continue to disappoint no matter how many times we try and believe. Sorry, but if they don't make a miraculous come back, this season is over and they may not win another game. Sad with all the all the talent they have.
And you’re one of the ones that was giving him benefit of a doubt. This team is bad starting with up top. I was hoping he’d lose last game and start off early looking for a replacement staff. Hoping this clusterfuss continues this season to see when we’ll get rid of these “coaches” and start looking for our new “leader.” This team wins 4 games and they’ll be an extension given

The 2 most disappointing players this season, because you actually expect something from them, Praise and Tyrin. Have they given up?
Tyrin gave up on us 2 years ago and then again this year when he tried to transfer. Saw he wasn’t was his numbers were and came back to the dumb girlfriend that takes the losers back. I believe hes been checked out. Just padding numbers now

Tyrin gave up on us 2 years ago and then again this year when he tried to transfer. Saw he wasn’t was his numbers were and came back to the dumb girlfriend that takes the losers back. I believe hes been checked out. Just padding numbers now
He’s hardly doing that, though. 127 yards through 3 games. He was a 1000 yard receiver last year.

I don't think Tyrin is the problem. Hardison is just awful. Tyrin is no Jacob Cowing though, who was special.

I don't think Tyrin is the problem. Hardison is just awful. Tyrin is no Jacob Cowing though, who was special.
I don’t think he’s the problem but I think he has checked out because of the offensive game planning, QB play and lack of production. Thatd be enough to check out for a player who’s tried to leave twice in as many years in my opinion

I’m not so sure about that. Hardison is more than 13 percentage points above his completion rate from last year, at 65% on the season, and it only went up today. He is hitting more of his passes, yet Smith isn’t the beneficiary of that “improvement”. Smith looks like he’s half assing it imo.

I suppose it is entirely possible that GH is “punishing” Smith for leaving, but I doubt it though.

I’m not so sure about that. Hardison is more than 13 percentage points above his completion rate from last year, at 65% on the season, and it only went up today. He is hitting more of his passes, yet Smith isn’t the beneficiary of that “improvement”. Smith looks like he’s half assing it imo.

I suppose it is entirely possible that GH is “punishing” Smith for leaving, but I doubt it though.
He definitely seems to be staring down DA instead of Smith.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
He definitely seems to be staring down DA instead of Smith.
Agree. So instead of having two weapons, being that Smith has demonstrated he can be one, he seems to be playing flat to me.

I don’t know. It appears that way to me. Not just because of his numbers.

I don’t think he’s the problem but I think he has checked out because of the offensive game planning, QB play and lack of production. Thatd be enough to check out for a player who’s tried to leave twice in as many years in my opinion
I personally don't think he should have been allowed back just out of principle. But utep is really weak at WR so I get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT