ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP softball and football programs commit violations

Did anyone listen? Any thoughts?
I listened. He brings up a good points about Alumni being ignored and not involved at UTEP. Like not tweeting success stories of former players. Not letting former players into the building to workout. Not having Alumni dinners. He talked about being a role player at Oregon and Oregon still reaches out to him. Alumni could be invited to speak to the team, onto the field, recognized by Public Address, have a pregame tailgate, etc.. nothing is done to welcome back past athletes.

He talked about various ideas to raise money but no one is listening. How the UTEP social media marketing is poor. He asked the question, 'Other than the game, what is UTEP trying to do to bring in fans?' He mentioned his red panty night was meant to be a joke that they have zero promotions to get fans in the door. He talked about the cage fight. Another idea to get fans onto campus and be at the games.

He said there is no buzz on campus about games, nothing to build excitement. No outreach to the student body to make sports important on campus.

He mentioned the only coach was former coach canales who congratulated him on his CFL contract. Even though he worked for UTEP for 2 years, no one said congrats from the current staff.

Lastly. Said he knew nothing of the violation but assumes someone took a picture of a quality control coach on the field. But said he knows nothing about that.

Generally he talked about he's all in on UTEP and genuinely wants success for their programs.

I never knew the guy was fired. Seems like he really cares about UTEP and wanted to be here. Too bad Senter is too pompous to listen. He has some good ideas. Maybe he spoke up too much and that's why they let him go. Our athletic dept is so damn annoying.

Wasn't he a quality control coach? How many of those did UTEP have?

I never knew the guy was fired. Seems like he really cares about UTEP and wanted to be here. Too bad Senter is too pompous to listen. He has some good ideas. Maybe he spoke up too much and that's why they let him go. Our athletic dept is so damn annoying.
Our Athletic Department has always had a “one step forward/two steps back” mentality. For the moment I like what Golding is doing, meeting people for breakfast and trying to reach out to fans because it is such a departure from what UTEP has done. Now with that being said and to be fair, the majority of El Paso has had a “meh” mentality when it comes to UTEP for the longest time. There is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to UTEP’s lack of fan support.

Reactions: kickballpro
He wasn't fired. One of his tweets says budget problems caused him to be let go. Budget issues due to covid. A number of athletic department employees were laid off, not just Hotchkins and not just at UTEP. He makes some good points but saying "red panties night" was just a joke and he really wants to raise money for UTEP FB is imo, blowing smoke. His trolling comes across as a bitter ex employee and if he had even a little common sense he would realize that publicly, on social media that anyone can see, making ludicrous and unseemly remarks to UTEP staff is embarrassing as hell. He can have all the red panty nights he wants but trying to involve UTEP staff in that way tells me that UTEP FB needs to keep him at a distance. I wouldnt trust him in this matter.

He wasn't fired. One of his tweets says budget problems caused him to be let go. Budget issues due to covid. A number of athletic department employees were laid off, not just Hotchkins and not just at UTEP. He makes some good points but saying "red panties night" was just a joke and he really wants to raise money for UTEP FB is imo, blowing smoke. His trolling comes across as a bitter ex employee and if he had even a little common sense he would realize that publicly, on social media that anyone can see, making ludicrous and unseemly remarks to UTEP staff is embarrassing as hell. He can have all the red panty nights he wants but trying to involve UTEP staff in that way tells me that UTEP FB needs to keep him at a distance. I wouldnt trust him in this matter.
Yes he was fired (along with many others at UTEP and other schools). Laid off, fired, whatever. I knew people were fired or took pay cuts, I just didn't know he was one of them.

Do you guys think its possible that certain people/positions were let go with some thought behind it using the pandemic layoff as an excuse? I would say so.

His two ideas received a combined 50 likes. That doesn't really sound like his circus show could sell out any venue in EP as he claimed.

Considering we haven't hired any more quality control coaches I'm thinking that maybe we just can't afford that position. What was Dimel suppose to do, promote Hotchkins to defensive coordinator or something like that so we can keep him on the staff? Is he really that great of a coach?

His two ideas received a combined 50 likes. That doesn't really sound like his circus show could sell out any venue in EP as he claimed.

Considering we haven't hired any more quality control coaches I'm thinking that maybe we just can't afford that position. What was Dimel suppose to do, promote Hotchkins to defensive coordinator or something like that so we can keep him on the staff? Is he really that great of a coach?
Makes sense. I just know that sometimes when people are outspoken it drives the higher ups crazy.

Makes sense. I just know that sometimes when people are outspoken it drives the higher ups crazy.
It was just awful timing. He was promoted to defensive quality control the month the pandemic hit. The previous coach in that role has over 25 years experience and used to be a DC at TT and Charlotte. That says how competitive the coaching market is.

I listened. He brings up a good points about Alumni being ignored and not involved at UTEP. Like not tweeting success stories of former players. Not letting former players into the building to workout. Not having Alumni dinners. He talked about being a role player at Oregon and Oregon still reaches out to him. Alumni could be invited to speak to the team, onto the field, recognized by Public Address, have a pregame tailgate, etc.. nothing is done to welcome back past athletes.

He talked about various ideas to raise money but no one is listening. How the UTEP social media marketing is poor. He asked the question, 'Other than the game, what is UTEP trying to do to bring in fans?' He mentioned his red panty night was meant to be a joke that they have zero promotions to get fans in the door. He talked about the cage fight. Another idea to get fans onto campus and be at the games.

He said there is no buzz on campus about games, nothing to build excitement. No outreach to the student body to make sports important on campus.

He mentioned the only coach was former coach canales who congratulated him on his CFL contract. Even though he worked for UTEP for 2 years, no one said congrats from the current staff.

Lastly. Said he knew nothing of the violation but assumes someone took a picture of a quality control coach on the field. But said he knows nothing about that.

Generally he talked about he's all in on UTEP and genuinely wants success for their programs.
I don't like for people to lose their jobs or call for it, but god damn its time to get rid of cats like Nate Poss, and Jeff Darby who should be on the forefront of getting alumni involved, they have been here the longest and should have relationships built, this is terrible mismanagement, what is UTEP paying them for? I know Poss handles logistics and all that but he has been here long enough were he can get a GA to tell UTEP's social media team to tweet out a pic of someone signing to the CFL or an update on Miners in the NFL, no extra efforts, do the minimum and my paycheck is still there. I really feel for the alumni, that is so bad, other schools would laugh at UTEP, I am sure UTEP admins were cringing like I was listening to this kid basically spill the beans, and for the record, I think he knows way more about the violations then he is leading on LOL.....

I don't like for people to lose their jobs or call for it, but god damn its time to get rid of cats like Nate Poss, and Jeff Darby who should be on the forefront of getting alumni involved, they have been here the longest and should have relationships built, this is terrible mismanagement, what is UTEP paying them for? I know Poss handles logistics and all that but he has been here long enough were he can get a GA to tell UTEP's social media team to tweet out a pic of someone signing to the CFL or an update on Miners in the NFL, no extra efforts, do the minimum and my paycheck is still there. I really feel for the alumni, that is so bad, other schools would laugh at UTEP, I am sure UTEP admins were cringing like I was listening to this kid basically spill the beans, and for the record, I think he knows way more about the violations then he is leading on LOL.....
I wish UTEP promoted how Alumni were doing on social media. Even if they make a dedicated Twitter page, that would be nice. How many ex UTEP BB players are overseas? Guys that the fan base loved, like Culpepper and you never hear how they’re doing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT