ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs. Houston Baptist Attendance and Prediction Thread

Dec 22, 2016
It's game week mutha fuccckkaasss!!!

Vegas has it -17.5 UTEP and if the run game is clicking which I expect, Vegas looks to be spot on.

O/U is at 61.5, I think UTEP's defense will struggle at first, but our defensive front should manhandle them upfront.

Could be the only opponent we push around all year.

UTEP 41 HBU 24

18k show up....

Reactions: FarWestTexas
It's game week mutha fuccckkaasss!!!

Vegas has it -17.5 UTEP and if the run game is clicking which I expect, Vegas looks to be spot on.

O/U is at 61.5, I think UTEP's defense will struggle at first, but our defensive front should manhandle them upfront.

Could be the only opponent we push around all year.

UTEP 41 HBU 24

18k show up....
Cool beans Bigwood. I was just thinking about the OPT at Sunday church: "Who won the last OPT last year?"

UTEP 30
HBU 14

There will be more than 18k announced. Senter sold 9,000 for $5 a piece. Doesn’t mean they will all show up, but 25k announced would be my guess

Houston B 15
UTEP 56

I'm gonna go with 23,356 for attendance. The score will be 45 to 17, good guys.

UTEP 66 HBU 0

Somebody was eventually going to be the recipient of all the past two years of frustation. HBU is the unlucky team.

We're physically superior and will be playing with alot of emotion for Luke Laufenberg. This ones over early. We'll see what kind of team we have next week in Lubbock.

34-17 Miners

Sorry about gridlocking you topminer, but I had my pick before I ever saw your prediction.:)

Reactions: topminer
UTEP: 31
HBU: 10

Attendance: 14,500. Low balling it because we have to win to get some butts in the seats.

Who is the starting QB??
Has a starter been named??

Utep 30
Baptist 14
20k attendance

16,437*

UTEP 42
HBU 21

*sad but reality. We didn’t have a single crowd of 20k last season. Last year we were starting fresh and enthusiasm was running through the fan base. This year attendance will struggle again unless Dimel has these boys in bowl contention.

16,437*

UTEP 42
HBU 21

*sad but reality. We didn’t have a single crowd of 20k last season. Last year we were starting fresh and enthusiasm was running through the fan base. This year attendance will struggle again unless Dimel has these boys in bowl contention.

If you look at Ticketmaster and see what’s available compared to others games, plus Senter selling 9,000. The attendance number will be much greater that that. UTEP will release the tickets distributed, not actual people there. I will be there for sure

Reactions: UTEPDefense
There were multiple large blocks of tickets sold to different companies/groups for this game, the 9,000 AGC purchase was just one of them. There was also a large Credit Union purchase as well. Senter and Company did a good job of approaching it this way.

Plus they opened up a student tailgate in the parking garage, in which the students have to get swiped in to attend it and this swipe also counts as their tickets/attendance. It helps the students as it's less hassle than having them go stand in line to get their game tickets and since it's a 2 for 1 swipe, then it also counts towards the ticket issued game attendance even they never actually enter the stadium.

Senter has already mentioned an estimate north of 30k.

There were multiple large blocks of tickets sold to different companies/groups for this game, the 9,000 AGC purchase was just one of them. There was also a large Credit Union purchase as well. Senter and Company did a good job of approaching it this way.

Plus they opened up a student tailgate in the parking garage, in which the students have to get swiped in to attend it and this swipe also counts as their tickets/attendance. It helps the students as it's less hassle than having them go stand in line to get their game tickets and since it's a 2 for 1 swipe, then it also counts towards the ticket issued game attendance even they never actually enter the stadium.

Senter has already mentioned an estimate north of 30k.
Bob Stull just read this.....
1497362918_jake-gyllenhaal-mind-blown.gif

Reactions: shyminer81
Bob Stull just read this.....
1497362918_jake-gyllenhaal-mind-blown.gif

Stull did a good job getting companies to buys tickets to both football and basketball games. It's one of the few things he did well.

The hard part is getting people to use the free tickets. If 3000 of the 9000 who get free tickets show up it will be great accomplishment.

Stull did a good job getting companies to buys tickets to both football and basketball games. It's one of the few things he did well.

The hard part is getting people to use the free tickets. If 3000 of the 9000 who get free tickets show up it will be great accomplishment.
I was referring to the student swiping their ID cards. Yes, he did get the tickets out.

One side note that can't even buy a cheap cup of coffee but seeing the Fort Bliss Soldiers in the stands is cool because being in a stadium like the the Sun Bowl is somewhat cool experience to them. Most are from parts of the countries that do not have something like the Sun Bowl but just a small college at best. I had an Army friend from New Hampshire whose mind was blown when he walked into the SB stadium. The bad side was it was the infamous UTEP vs Cal Poly game. :confused:

If you look at Ticketmaster and see what’s available compared to others games, plus Senter selling 9,000. The attendance number will be much greater that that. UTEP will release the tickets distributed, not actual people there. I will be there for sure
That’s good to hear. Whatever makes us look better on paper.

I was referring to the student swiping their ID cards. Yes, he did get the tickets out.

One side note that can't even buy a cheap cup of coffee but seeing the Fort Bliss Soldiers in the stands is cool because being in a stadium like the the Sun Bowl is somewhat cool experience to them. Most are from parts of the countries that do not have something like the Sun Bowl but just a small college at best. I had an Army friend from New Hampshire whose mind was blown when he walked into the SB stadium. The bad side was it was the infamous UTEP vs Cal Poly game. :confused:

That damn game. To this day that game is still rock bottom. I remember sitting in my seat in the Sun Bowl after the game stunned.

Until someone steps up and produces, the "starting" lineup will be fluid, expect every skill player to get some reps this weekend. Big game for guys to earn jobs for the rest of the season.
of course. just something that i thought "oh, this might bring about some conversation", and it did!

I don't have a heartbeat on this team yet... However HB isnt a very good D2 team so I say we get a 10 PT win Miners 31 HB 21

That damn game. To this day that game is still rock bottom. I remember sitting in my seat in the Sun Bowl after the game stunned.

My friend and I drank and listened to Miner Talk. I remember they stayed on past midnight taking calls, I think ever fan who witnessed that game wanted to blow their brains out after that game.

I'm going to be all unicorns and rainbows optimistic about this game:

UTEP 44
HBU 20
attendance

UTEP gets off to a slower start than expected but wears down Houston Baptist in the end. Offense will commit 2 or 3 frustrating turnovers but defense will hold their own and prevent the turnovers from costing them too much.

UTEP - 30
Houston Baptist - 20

21,284 in attendance.

I'll be in town for this one, 28-17 UTEP, about 29,000 in attendance. Also, a potential line up?
Interesting if Tupou and Henry have lost their starting positions as both played well as freshman. Not sure about Henry's health, but this may be a good reflection of progressing football upgrades.

Van Hook is undersized, but could be a beast in CUSA at middle linebacker.

I would expect to see a lot of Ross and Cowing on special teams as returners.

Cooper, Hankins, Ross, Tupou, Simpson and Ortega should get plenty of playing as close or rotating 2nd stringers.

I'm interested to see how Walter Dawn Jr is used out of the slot in this offense.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Utep-27
Hbu-24
19223 butts in seats
Utep and attendance will improve, till we top out at 24,000-27,000

UTEP - 34
HBU - 0
Attendance - 16,742

My basis for these predictions: Pulled them out of my ass. Zero analysis done on any player, coach, scheme, financial model, or anything else.

Consultations with Ms. Cleo: 0

Reactions: utep2step
UTEP - 34
HBU - 0
Attendance - 16,742

My basis for these predictions: Pulled them out of my ass. Zero analysis done on any player, coach, scheme, financial model, or anything else.

Consultations with Ms. Cleo: 0
"Paralysis by Analysis" is a crippling sickness. :p

Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT