ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs. Houston Baptist Attendance and Prediction Thread

This rule came about when the powerful football gods wanted to water down D1A (as known back then). "Show me the money" is what college presidents from these universities were telling mid majors. The worm turned on them a few years as this very rule made scheduling a challenge. UTEP's and NMSU's, had to have at least five home games against five FBS teams (FCS rule was include to provide relief for mid majors and scheduling for FCS schools who need the cash and help smaller mid majors a shot at bowl eligibility) so P5 schools went from five hundred thousand to one million for some games. SEC schools are now offering two million to some mid majors.

The football gawds are not biatching as much because of the economy of 2008 brought everyone back down to earth and a more "lets work together" brotherly harmony was now singing from the FBS A.D offices across the land because Presidents had to rework budgets and kiss up to state congressional appropriation members. So now there's just talk to fine tune this rule since it is vague instead of "throw'em out" that was going around fifteen or so years ago.

Oooooh...at 17.5, I tempted to take HBU to cover...nothing against my Miners, I just know they historically start slow...

I don’t like the early bye for this team given our pattern of injuries.

Hopefully at least 2-4. W’s over HBU and UTSa.

2-4 feels right, but you could easily flip Nevada/UTSA as the second win.

We suck on the road, and aren’t beating LaTech at home, so where’s the third win?

2-4 feels right, but you could easily flip Nevada/UTSA as the second win.

We suck on the road, and aren’t beating LaTech at home, so where’s the third win?
In a best case scenario we defend the Sun Bowl vs Nevada and UTSA. At 3-3 with 3 winnable games down the stretch would be a dream. I wonder what kind of crowd we would get for RICE if we were sitting at 5-6?

Reactions: unihorn
Record put aside, if UTEP improves on offensive efficiency, that's a plus towards a promising future.

Dimel runs a conserative offense. It's not Kulgler style, but conservative.

We will lose both.
Simply too many question marks to say what our record will be after 6 games. Its just a wait n see at this point. How does Jones do as this teams new leader, how does the make shift backfield do behind a veteran O line, do the LBs and CBs inexperience effect us or is it helped by the experience of the D line and Safeties and what kind of production if any will our receivers give us. I'm still of the mindset of 3-9 hoping in wrong.

Simply too many question marks to say what our record will be after 6 games. Its just a wait n see at this point. How does Jones do as this teams new leader, how does the make shift backfield do behind a veteran O line, do the LBs and CBs inexperience effect us or is it helped by the experience of the D line and Safeties and what kind of production if any will our receivers give us. I'm still of the mindset of 3-9 hoping in wrong.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I think Hughes will be Hughes and provide good numbers if Canales' play calling is better.

I meant that we will lose to "Bye Week" both times.

Reactions: develman
My prediction for HBU? Pain! I was just going over the Miners lineup and 2-deep. We got some horses coming back this season. Many of which are coming off injury years. They're hungry. Lots of size and experience on the 2-deep.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Take the over, they won't stop our run game, we should put up a rare 40 plus points.

There are so many variables coming into this game that I can’t blame anyone for taking the under. New players coming in, especially on defense. Has Jones taken a big enough step forward going into his senior year? Is the offensive play calling going to be vanilla and predictable? Is the defense going to take a step back, especially after the loss at LB and CB?

Obviously the nightmare scenario is UTEP comes into this game flat or overconfident and they give up a quick 7 points and it kills the psyche of the team and the crowd.

28x3

I'll get fired if I drink. I'll be at the student tailgate area though. Hoping for our first home football win since the Obama administration
I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw Utep win at home. That’s why I made last minute plans to drive into town for this game.

After some thinking and picture scrolling it turns out it was against HBU. The circle of losing misery will be complete on Saturday.

Last edited:
?

It says 90 minutes before kickoff.
Yea but doesn’t it cost like 90 or 99 for the entire season.

Imo opinion those are the best seats in the Sun Bowl. If you buy the ga season ticket and add this package it’s a total of $160. Where else In the nation can you get field seats for about $25 a game?

Okay, new info...

Predicting 40,000 in attendance
UTEP 27
HBU 0
What??

giphy.gif

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT