ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Nebraska game thread

Honestly I like what I see call me crazy… we might not be half bad this year … I expected it to take 2-3 years to be decent but I am not having that it’s gonna be a long season feeling … this reminds me of oregons first game with Dan lanning when they got manhandled by Georgia and turned in a great season as they got a little better each week ….

Nebraska is supposed to be a lot bette this year so we shall see

Honestly I like what I see call me crazy… we might not be half bad this year … I expected it to take 2-3 years to be decent but I am not having that it’s gonna be a long season feeling … this reminds me of oregons first game with Dan lanning when they got manhandled by Georgia and turned in a great season as they got a little better each week ….

For me, i expected this mismatch, however, if we clean up the penalties (where have we heard that before) and fix timing, etc, i think we are good for 6-6 and a home opener win....maybe, MAYBE 7-5 but 6-6 is looking more like an actual possibility

Mid game biblicaly open like the Red Sea and Raiola picked it apart. DB's playing way way too off WR's entire game. D line doing their part.

Not sure if anyone noticed but Nebraska has no answer for Westmoreland and not going near him. But either Raiola gets it away or or run away from him. However, that NU Oline created a wall for their rbs early.

Scotty pulled Sky to soon after that safety. Ok, so he should changed it up, but he was moving the ball. Cade needs to be patient on throws.

I know what ya mean. New attitude, new era with the team. We have the right motivator, but he's gonna need to shore up the trenches. Moreland is special, you can see it. But he needs someone opposite him.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Mid game biblicaly open like the Red Sea and Raiola picked it apart. DB's playing way way too off WR's entire game. D line doing their part.

Not sure if anyone noticed but Nebraska has no answer for Westmoreland and not going near him. But either Raiola gets it away or or run away from him. However, that NU Oline created a wall for their rbs early.

Scotty pulled Sky to soon after that safety. Ok, so he should changed it up, but he was moving the ball. Cade needs to be patient on throws.

Maybe he saving Sky from getting hurt?? Need to save him for CUSA play.

Reactions: FarWestTexas

I'm impressed with our D line. Sure, that NU Oline had created a wall of red early but they cleaned that up quick by 2nd quarter.

These guys are going to create opportunities come Conference play.

I know what ya mean. New attitude, new era with the team. We have the right motivator, but he's gonna need to shore up the trenches. Moreland is special, you can see it. But he needs someone opposite him.
I think the front 7 has played pretty well considering. I'm much less impressed with the secondary. Odums looks like he might be all right, but the others are going have to step it up the rest of the season.

Not that impressed with either QB either.

Uteps Dline looks small compared to Nebraskas oline. Moreland looks more like a LB than a DE.

through his fingers....in all honesty I'm a little surprised we've held them under 50 by now (yes i know we have 1 quarter left but still).

Married into Nebraska family so I follow Nebraska. They did well today. RB by committee was too much for UTEP and UTEP DB's did not play well. Nebraska is not a B10 contender this year, but Raiola will get them there. As stated above, this should be in the 50's by now.

Rhule: Brought in great transfers, especially at rb's, and pulled off coup flipping Raiola. Stuck with White at D coordinator who brought back black shirts. Think about it! The Black shirts were brought back by an El Pasoan. Wow!

Walden: He was the right hire. 13 years of "play the clock" football was abuse for Miner fans. Sky and Cade are not the most optimizing, but Shay Smith is the man next year. He has too much talent. The D line is CUSA top tier. They are still fighting as I type this.

Last edited:
Rhule: Brought in great transfers, especially at rb's, and pulled off coup flipping Raiola. Stuck with White at D coordinator who brought back black shirts. Think about it! The Black shirts were brought back by an El Pasoan. Wow!

Walden: He was the right hire. 13 years of "play the clock" football was abuse for Miner fans. Sky and Cade are not the most optimizing, but Shay Smith is the man next year. He has too much talent. The D line is CUSA top tier. They are still fighting as I type this.

If Shay Smith is the man for next year, why not play him now??

Reactions: utep-piggy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT