ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs North Texas

DISGRACEFUL, EMBARRASSING, TALENTLESS
ENIMIC OFFENSE
CARELESS NONCHALANT TURNOVERS
STUPID FOULS 40 FEET FROM THE HOOP
DON'T HAVE A SINGLE RELIABLE "GO TO
SCORER.

Hopefully Golding can see now that he needs to devote 100% of his efforts to scowering the world for some players who know how to score. If you play great "D" like our present group does you still need to score.
I appreciate their continued gritty efforts, but that's not enough. It becomes very difficult to keep watching the disaster.
Amen

DISGRACEFUL, EMBARRASSING, TALENTLESS
ENIMIC OFFENSE
CARELESS NONCHALANT TURNOVERS
STUPID FOULS 40 FEET FROM THE HOOP
DON'T HAVE A SINGLE RELIABLE "GO TO
SCORER.

Hopefully Golding can see now that he needs to devote 100% of his efforts to scowering the world for some players who know how to score. If you play great "D" like our present group does you still need to score.
I appreciate their continued gritty efforts, but that's not enough. It becomes very difficult to keep watching the disaster.
Amen
Agree with you 100 percent!

Is Golding capable of recruiting players that would be considered an upgrade? His recruiting has been terrible.
That is still a big question. Golding has to definitely upgrade the backcourt, and I can't see him counting on the two freshmen he signed early. He needs to hit big in the late signing period and in the portal, and that's assuming he keeps the guys he needs to.

Last edited:
Final anemic STATS:

TEAM STATS
i
i
FG16-4419-44
Field Goal %36.443.2
3PT2-154-15
Three Point %13.326.7
FT8-1310-16
Free Throw %61.562.5
Rebounds3723
Offensive Rebounds112
Defensive Rebounds2621
Assists87
Steals69
Blocks24
Total Turnovers177
Fouls1814
One of the many stats that stands out to me are the steals/turnovers. We had 6 steals, they had 7 turnovers - meaning that they committed 1 unforced turnover. They had 9 steals, we had 17 turnovers. That means that we committed 8 unforced turnovers. It's hard, really hard, for us to score when we have the ball, but impossible to do when we don't have it. Those turnovers, combined with our crappy shooting, are the reason we lost despite our impressive defensive and rebounding efforts.

That is still a big question. Golding has to definitely upgrade the backcourt, and I can't see him counting on the two freshmen he signed early. He needs to hit big in the late signing period and in the portal, and that's assuming he keeps the guys he needs to.
Yeah but that would mean a whole new team again.

He better find some players for next year, or his head coaching tenure is going to be short. His players hustle but most are not D1 players. Hurts to say that cause I like Golding and like the defense intensity, but almost to the point where I don’t want to watch or go to see them.

When the local sports media is sounding off like this about your D1 program the smoke you witness has a couple pumpers and a couple ladder trucks on the way. Ouch!

Reactions: MinerFan79
In my opinion McKinney is hurting the team. He started the season well but has been a disappointment lately. He is playing lackadaisical and doesn’t seem to care.
I agree. Offensively he is anyway. 0 points in 30 minutes on the court. Aside from a couple nice rebounds, he hasn’t done much lately.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Last night was plain ugly. No other way to put it. UNT gave us some of our own medicine with some really good defense.

Regardless, scoring under 60 points, let alone under 45, just isn’t gonna get it done.

Same old song and dance. Tough defense, solid rebounding, but lack of anything resembling an offense has done us in yet again. It’s getting old.

If Terry doesn't get the HC job (his dream job) next year at UT he will probably commit hari-kiri.

If Terry doesn't get the HC job (his dream job) next year at UT he will probably commit hari-kiri.
If CRT were to win out, or lose a game or two, maybe he’d have a leg to stand on, but UT is about to hit the meat of their conference schedule. It ain’t gonna be easy goin’ for the Horns down the stretch.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I don't hate this team. I don't love them but I don't hate them. I think they hustle more than teams that we have seen in the past. Despite their offensive short comings, they play great defense. I still think we need a makeover in our backcourt. We need guys that have higher basketball IQs and shooters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT