ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs UTSA OPT

On second thought, it didn't matter that Dimel blew all those timeouts. 🤔

This sucks. I saw the seasons of my two favorite teams that I've followed since forever end today.

Absolutely pathetic meltdown. I knew the game was over after the pick 6 before the half.

We have nothing to proud of despite the close game. This season was a complete failure. Penalties have been embarrassing all year. Play calling has been horrible all year. We lost to a bunch of teams we should have beat because we couldn't get motivated for those games. All of these issues are coaching problems. Everyone can apparently see our subpar coaching except Senter. Fire Dimel.

I have nothing negative to say about this game. Those players left it all out there on the field today. Yes, there were mistakes today but I’m good with their performance overall.

What absolutely disgusts me were the very winnable games that are coaching staff (Dimel) had his head up his arse in his play calling. We should have never been in this position today to become bowl eligible, not with this talent. Our coaches, I mean, Dimel, failed this team. I didn’t see any sort of urgency from our coaching staff until after the UNM game and by then, our backs were already up against the wall. Meanwhile, up the road, Jerry Kill has NMSU on the verge of bowl eligibility in his first year…and I know they are paying him a lot less than Dimel. Instead of Fire Dimel…can we Fire Senter and hire Moccia???

I have nothing negative to say about this game. Those players left it all out there on the field today. Yes, there were mistakes today but I’m good with their performance overall.

What absolutely disgusts me were the very winnable games that are coaching staff (Dimel) had his head up his arse in his play calling. We should have never been in this position today to become bowl eligible, not with this talent. Our coaches, I mean, Dimel, failed this team. I didn’t see any sort of urgency from our coaching staff until after the UNM game and by then, our backs were already up against the wall. Meanwhile, up the road, Jerry Kill has NMSU on the verge of bowl eligibility in his first year…and I know they are paying him a lot less than Dimel. Instead of Fire Dimel…can we Fire Senter and hire Moccia???
Fire Senter and Dimel

The fire Senter is maddening because it’s not going to happen. I’ll stick to what I said a few weeks ago and that is to hold Dimel accountable (for losing revenue). Wilson did not bringing her reputation and pull in the (Air Force) scientific community to UTEP to flounder; therefore, I expect her to hold Dimel’s fanny to the fire. This was supposed to be a much more productive (lower level) bowl year and he under performed.

The fire Senter is maddening because it’s not going to happen. I’ll stick to what I said a few weeks ago and that is to hold Dimel accountable (for losing revenue). Wilson did not bringing her reputation and pull in the (Air Force) scientific community to UTEP to flounder; therefore, I expect her to hold Dimel’s fanny to the fire. This was supposed to be a much more productive (lower level) bowl year and he under performed.
Senter's biggest issue isn't even his hiring and keeping of Dimel, it's his inability to fund raise. Look north up the road 30 miles to see an AD doing more with less, and positioning the school to improve. Wilson either can't see this or simply doesn't care.

Last edited:
Senter biggest issue isn't even his hiring and keeping Dimel, it's his inability to fund raise. Look north up the road 30 miles to see an AD doing more with less, and positioning the school to improve. Wilson either can't see this or simply doesn't care.
Crazy how fast TX-San Antonio passed us, and how similar the NMSU situation is here. Right LC vs San Antonio, but nonetheless they are doing more with less, and fast.

You don’t score 31 points and have 500 yards of offense if you’re a bad play caller.

The concerns should be the misuse of the clock (timeouts) and presnap penalties.

By beating Boise State and this UTSA game proves that UTEP football is not a declining program.

The challenge going forward is finding a way to raise the bar. Whether that’s a coaching change, NIL deal, facilities, etc…. UTEP has gone from bad to mediocre.

There are 5 things that need to be in place to be successful.

1. Is the Coach the right fit?

2. Do you have the athletes?

3. Quality of Facilities?

4. Management of the logistics of the program. (Is everyone being treated and cared for)

5. Support from Admin, Staff, and Community

You don’t score 31 points and have 500 yards of offense if you’re a bad play caller.

The concerns should be the misuse of the clock (timeouts) and presnap penalties.

By beating Boise State and this UTSA game proves that UTEP football is not a declining program.

The challenge going forward is finding a way to raise the bar. Whether that’s a coaching change, NIL deal, facilities, etc…. UTEP has gone from bad to mediocre.

There are 5 things that need to be in place to be successful.

1. Is the Coach the right fit?

2. Do you have the athletes?

3. Quality of Facilities?

4. Management of the logistics of the program. (Is everyone being treated and cared for)

5. Support from Admin, Staff, and Community
Very well stated. The talent level at UTEP is vastly improved from when Dimel took over. I read a comment on the Utsa fan forum that mentioned the Miners OL was the best line in CUSA. Our defense played well most of the year. This team showed flashes of a being a solid team that was capable of 8 or more wins this season. Another Utsa poster was wondering why we were 5-7. As many have stated the inconsistencies with this team can be blamed on the coaching staff. The mistakes, poor clock management and lack of execution should not be happening in year five of Dimel’s system. Coach Kill has turned things around at Nmsu in year one. This is a pivotal point for UTEP. I think we have the athletes to win at this level, but lack good coaching. I don’t buy into the talk that you can’t recruit good talent to El Paso. Dimel has brought in good talent. Do we keep Dimel or do we go for a young coach like Kinne? I think a new coach can re-energize this team and give hope to our dying fan base.

Very well stated. The talent level at UTEP is vastly improved from when Dimel took over. I read a comment on the Utsa fan forum that mentioned the Miners OL was the best line in CUSA. Our defense played well most of the year. This team showed flashes of a being a solid team that was capable of 8 or more wins this season. Another Utsa poster was wondering why we were 5-7. As many have stated the inconsistencies with this team can be blamed on the coaching staff. The mistakes, poor clock management and lack of execution should not be happening in year five of Dimel’s system. Coach Kill has turned things around at Nmsu in year one. This is a pivotal point for UTEP. I think we have the athletes to win at this level, but lack good coaching. I don’t buy into the talk that you can’t recruit good talent to El Paso. Dimel has brought in good talent. Do we keep Dimel or do we go for a young coach like Kinne? I think a new coach can re-energize this team and give hope to our dying fan base.

To sum things up. This year was disappointing, cause we know we had the talent to do better. This team should have been a minimum of 7-5 this year.

To sum things up. This year was disappointing, cause we know we had the talent to do better. This team should have been a minimum of 7-5 this year.
It's a disappointment cuz this is the third year in a row we should have been bowl eligible but we left wins on the table. It's a developing pattern and we are idiots to think things will change with more time under Dimel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT