ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP will be left behind once again

It’s going to end up with lower end mid majors doing away with athletic programs altogether. They just won’t be able to compete financially. I believe this will eventually happen to UTEP.

It’s going to end up with lower end mid majors doing away with athletic programs altogether. They just won’t be able to compete financially. I believe this will eventually happen to UTEP.
This is my concern as well. If this does happen the end result could be catastrophic, as countless kids that couldn't have otherwise afforded college now wouldn't be able to attend due to a significant decrease in the number of athletic scholarships available. Not that this would necessarily happen, but it is a distinct possibility. I hope the "Super League" thing never happens.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Eventually they will commit suicide. I’m a miner fan, and do not give a rats A about any other college. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think people will see they are becoming NFL JR. I guess college education means nothing to any of these athletes , or in that fact education means nothing to the colleges .

They don't need 80 schools. They only need the top 20 or so and form a "Super Duper" league.
Yep I think the super league will be the SEC and Big 10, with maybe another conference allowed in. 2-3 conferences of 16-20 teams each. So max will be about 60.

I think UTEP athletics will be around for the rest of my life. It'll just end up competing in a much lower division than current FBS. Well, like FCS. UTEP will never be like Houston or SMU or even UTSA... El paso just can't compete. So it's the reality that we will be left behind (again).

Yep I think the super league will be the SEC and Big 10, with maybe another conference allowed in. 2-3 conferences of 16-20 teams each. So max will be about 60.

I think UTEP athletics will be around for the rest of my life. It'll just end up competing in a much lower division than current FBS. Well, like FCS. UTEP will never be like Houston or SMU or even UTSA... El paso just can't compete. So it's the reality that we will be left behind (again).
Who needs schools like Indiana or Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Utah, BYU?

Eventually I bet those schools get kicked to the curb. Atleast Vandy and Indiana, Rutgers, etc.
Not a chance. Those are all “good” schools. Vandy is an excellent school and provides wins for opposing teams. They’re in the club and always will be. Vandy is in Nashville, one of the best cities in America. Vandy will always be included in the SEC and any spinoff of it.

Vandy is an excellent school and provides wins for opposing teams.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Ummm... No, Mid majors aren't giving up their sports programs lol. Eventually there will be some reshuffling again and there will be 3 major conferences and then the rest. However I can guarantee Utep's not giving up Football or Basketball in yours or my lifetime!

Reactions: utep1966
Without the Texas and Alabamas the rest of us are gonna be regulated to FCS like status. Media deals will be greatly reduced. The NYB and NCAAT money will dry up. We will be paying our head coaches around 100-200k and it will essentially be a poor league. Worse than it is now. Some programs will close shop and while we might not die, it won’t be the teams we grew up watching and playing against.

Not a chance. Those are all “good” schools. Vandy is an excellent school and provides wins for opposing teams. They’re in the club and always will be. Vandy is in Nashville, one of the best cities in America. Vandy will always be included in the SEC and any spinoff of it.
How is Nashville one of the best cities in America?? They not even in my top 30 cities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT