ADVERTISEMENT

UTEPMBB🏀 @Southern Miss

Monday at MT is gonna tough. Not sure what the key to that game will be.
I was hoping that we could get a comfortable lead early today and rest our starters. That didn't happen much.
MT is gonna be thinking the same about us!

Monday at MT is gonna tough. Not sure what the key to that game will be.
I was hoping that we could get a comfortable lead early today and rest our starters. That didn't happen much.
To me the key will be mental toughness. By Monday these kids will be on their 3rd road game. The amount of travel and fatigue are setting in.

Anybody know how to get an audio replay of the game? I'd like to hear the half time interview with Coach Floyd. Thanks!!
If you download the Varsity Network app, you can listen to the games on demand. Hope this helps.

To me the key will be mental toughness. By Monday these kids will be on their 3rd road game. The amount of travel and fatigue are setting in.
MTSU is not big, but they are very athletic. The matchup between Jefferson and Boum will be one of the premier ones in CUSA. Boum will need to be much better than he was at USM. I thought his defense was average, and he had too many turnovers. MTSU is playing as good as any one right now, including UNT.

MTSU is not big, but they are very athletic. The matchup between Jefferson and Boum will be one of the premier ones in CUSA. Boum will need to be much better than he was at USM. I thought his defense was average, and he had too many turnovers. MTSU is playing as good as any one right now, including UNT.
I'm not sure that Boum realizes his potential. He has done a bit better in crunch time this year, but I think there is so much more if he would just mentally buckle down some.

I was thinking throughout the game that it might be a blessing that Boum was frustrated against Southern Miss. He'll have that famous "chip on his shoulder" against MT.

I'm not sure that Boum realizes his potential. He has done a bit better in crunch time this year, but I think there is so much more if he would just mentally buckle down some.
I really like Boum overall. This year, Golding is asking him to be more of a lead guard at times to help free up Bieniemy. This is obviously not something he has done much of in the past, and I think some of the turnovers can be attributed to that (and several to mental errors as well). Defensively, he is generally very good and plays with high effort. He played 38 minutes against both LAT and USM. Clearly, Golding realizes how important he is on both ends, but it would be great to try to play him a few less minutes. Hopefully, when KK returns, he can help spread out the minutes without losing production on either end.

Will KK be able to use a medical redshirt?? He is missing a lot of games.

Will KK be able to use a medical redshirt?? He is missing a lot of games.
We’ll need to play a total of 37 games this season (including the CUSA/post season tournaments) for him to qualify since he’s already played 12 games. We’re at 30 this season, assuming we don’t reschedule the MTSU game and assuming we only play in one CUSA tournament game.

Reactions: Lil_Train
We’ll need to play a total of 37 games this season (including the CUSA/post season tournaments) for him to qualify since he’s already played 12 games. We’re at 30 this season, assuming we don’t reschedule the MTSU game and assuming we only play in one CUSA tournament game.
I think we can probably throw that out the window by next week, but we'll see!

Golding stating during post game that team cohesion improved. As per Golding a hotel member stated that she wanted to speak to the team: She has never seen a team show so much togetherness as UTEP (and a lot of teams stay at that hotel).

Team chemistry is such a positive intangible, it can overcome teams with more talent. That is great to hear!!!

Reactions: utep2step
I thought Bieniemy was great again at a critical spot in the second half when they had cut it to five. He is very much improved from the player we saw last year.
You can easily see he is playing with confidence, I.E. his ball handling, shot selection, drives to the basket, stoic calmness (that is really hard with CUSA refs who often change the game).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT