ADVERTISEMENT

Vince

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
"He can’t do the UTEP Two Step but, man, can Vince Hunter rebound. Hunter is a 6-8 forward playing for the Reno Bighorns, and he’s my early season crush. The guy plays with an incredible motor, rebounds with ferocity and has shown a nice array of moves on offense; both in the post and as a face-up forward. There’s a lot to be giddy about with Hunter because all of his skills translate to the NBA. He isn’t feasting on the league with just his athleticism. It’s all hard work."

http://upsidemotor.com/2015/11/24/nba-d-league-vince-hunter-perry-jones-jp-tokoto/

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
"He can’t do the UTEP Two Step but, man, can Vince Hunter rebound. Hunter is a 6-8 forward playing for the Reno Bighorns, and he’s my early season crush. The guy plays with an incredible motor, rebounds with ferocity and has shown a nice array of moves on offense; both in the post and as a face-up forward. There’s a lot to be giddy about with Hunter because all of his skills translate to the NBA. He isn’t feasting on the league with just his athleticism. It’s all hard work."

http://upsidemotor.com/2015/11/24/nba-d-league-vince-hunter-perry-jones-jp-tokoto/

Thanks for posting. Always nice to read good things about former Miners. Sounds like it may just be a matter of time for VH.

"All that hard work has led to gaudy averages of 23 points and 16 rebounds while shooting 53 percent from the field to begin the season. He posted a monster line of 32 points and 24 rebounds against the D-Fenders that just blew me away."

Wow. Hunter will have a long career in the NBA if he develops a decent jumper or gains 20 pounds of muscle without losing his speed or hops.

He put up gaudy numbers in the summer league, too. That being said, the D-League isn't known for its defense. However, I think Hunter could be a role player on an NBA roster right now if somebody gives him a shot.

I have no idea why the kings havent called him up. That franchise is a dumpster fire, easily the worst run profesional sports team in America. There is no way vince is worse than the kings end of the bench players. The kings even signed steph curry's bum of a brother to a two year contract. The ineptitude of the kings continues to astound.

It looks like he may be getting called up to play in the association. He needs to work with a personal trainer to add those 20 lbs of muscle. Once he adds the weight, he will be able to hang with the big guys. He always impressed me with his work ethic. Best luck to VH.

I understand the Miner love for VH and I wish him well - but - VH was a Miner for just one year and he moved on for whatever reason: academics wasn't his interest or financial issues back home or whatever else it could be. Unfortunately, VH is just a guy: has no jump shot, no offensive game, just hustle. Well, there are dozens upon dozens of guys with that same resume trying to get in the big game. I'm not saying VH should give up the dream of reaching the NBA - just know that dream is pretty near impossible. I hope his future will be financially secure for him and his family.

I understand the Miner love for VH and I wish him well - but - VH was a Miner for just one year and he moved on for whatever reason: academics wasn't his interest or financial issues back home or whatever else it could be. Unfortunately, VH is just a guy: has no jump shot, no offensive game, just hustle. Well, there are dozens upon dozens of guys with that same resume trying to get in the big game. I'm not saying VH should give up the dream of reaching the NBA - just know that dream is pretty near impossible. I hope his future will be financially secure for him and his family.

Vince was a Miner for two years.

I have bets all over this forum but I gotta jump on this one. I respect your opinion so I'm not knocking you, but I don't think it's going to be impossible for VH to get into the nba. He is very much like Antonio Davis was when he left UTEP. Antonio lacked a jump shot. It was fugly. After a few years developing his game, he had himself a nice nba career. Pretty sure VH has about the same potential, and an even better motor.

I'm sure we'll forget about it but if you do happen to remember, I'll buy you a 6 or 12 pack of your choice if he's not in the league within the next 3 years. Cheers!

Reactions: develman
If I didn't remember that VH played two years for the Miners - how am i gonna remember this great bet? LOL!! Remind me down the road. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT