ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go Miners!

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
I couldn't make because of an obligation with Mrs. but had my phone by my side. Way to go!

I'm big enough to say it...I've changed my
mind about Floyd.

There won't be many who will give him his due, because he's just burned too many bridges, but his coaching as of late has been remarkable. Halftime adjustments have been near perfect. These guys are playing defense! This 6 of 7 winning streak has brought some excitement back to UTEP Basketball.

What a great game!! I will never forget this game or this team. I'm 53 and I remember as a teenager going to miner games in the late 70's and we had average teams that continued to improve year to year and as the excitement built the players we were able to get were we had the awesome '80s. Who knows what the future brings but I'm glad to have seen these players not quit and make such great improvement. I lost my voice tonight.

What a great game!! I will never forget this game or this team. I'm 53 and I remember as a teenager going to miner games in the late 70's and we had average teams that continued to improve year to year and as the excitement built the players we were able to get were we had the awesome '80s. Who knows what the future brings but I'm glad to have seen these players not quit and make such great improvement. I lost my voice tonight.
Ah, the Anthony Burns, Roshern Amie, Earl Fuller years. Those were lean years, but it was hard not to root for those guys. They played hard. I can see some similarity in those teams with this one of late. Lots of grit.

Unbelievable win, unbelievable comeback. It's amazing what Floyd has done with this group. I thought after the dismissal of Terry Winn that our season was over, but Floyd has found a way. Toughness and relentless effort that he has gotten out of this group is miraculous.

Should we be better? Sure. Should we have better players? Yes. But the coaching job that Floyd has done with what he has right now is remarkable.

I don't know why, but I completely forgot about this game once I started drinking with my buddies. Just checked the score and all I gotta say is.....wow.

It's true that CUSA starts to eat it's own once conf play starts, but I'm honestly surprised at these wins. Seems like Floyd has then believing in his defensive philosophy, and they are starting to respond

I don't know why, but I completely forgot about this game once I started drinking with my buddies. Just checked the score and all I gotta say is.....wow.

It's true that CUSA starts to eat it's own once conf play starts, but I'm honestly surprised at these wins. Seems like Floyd has then believing in his defensive philosophy, and they are starting to respond

It looked for a while we weren't going to score 30. We were losing by 17. Crazy.

Hey Won, were you able to video this miracle? Would love to see it.

This winning streak is a lot better than the UTSA, FIU and FAU one. We just beat the #3,#2 and #1 teams in the conference. Now we play another #2 team in La Tech. I'm starting to think this team just might be able to do the unthinkable in Birmingham in March.

This winning streak is a lot better than the UTSA, FIU and FAU one. We just beat the #3,#2 and #1 teams in the conference. Now we play another #2 team in La Tech. I'm starting to think this team just might be able to do the unthinkable in Birmingham in March.

We're due against LA Tech. Its time to beat those Dawgs. None of those teams wants to face UTEP in Birmingham.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
As unbelievable as the disastrous first half of this season was, it is absolutely miraculous what they have done in the last seven games. If you had bet that they would pull this off you'd be crazier and richer than Trump. It's inconceivable the way they play two completely different halves...The last two games, the New Mexico game and there might have been others.
Seems like there's some Diggers out there who, like me had given up on Floyd and the players, that haven't posted any comments on these last seven games. My sentiment is; Floyd has turned things around with limited talent, we know he's coming back next year, so let's just enjoy the ride. This has been a work in progress an could end up being historical.

Yeah it's hard to support the coaching staff after these 7 years, but this may be the first time that we've seen actual improvement in defensive and offensive (at times) play since Floyd arrived.

Good to know these players didn't give up, even though some of us fans did....

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
A tale of two halves. A comeback for the ages. The second half was pure Nolan Richardson/Don Haskins-style "40 Minutes of Hell" defense (...make that "14 minutes of hell" after being down by 17).

People around me were leaving the game at the 14 minute mark. I hope they listened to the final minutes of the broadcast on their car radios.

One of the best games I've had the privilege to witness.

I didn't forget about the game but had a party to go to so I didn't watch, or listen. But I'm with you...WOW! I didn't expect to beat UAB but I certainly didn't expect to beat MT. Obviously a 'great' win. Just finding out at 1:50 am. I will sleep gooooood tonight.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
Coach Floyd made this young men believe they can win. The team seems more discipline
without the stars we had in the past couple of years. We might not have the talent we had
in the past but this guys are willing to play for Coach Floyd. Sometimes the superstars
think they are untouchable, I like this team better even though it took some time to get things
rolling.
I have to make it clear, I don't expect this young men to win out the rest of the season. They
are going to get tired and we can't afford any injuries. We only have 8 players that can rotate.

Go miners...

Like everyone else I'll eat my words. Regardless how the rest of the season turns out this run is nothing short of magical. This never happens, to be where they were and to somehow have the mental fortitude to turn the ship around is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT