ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the backs?

sweetlou#1

Starter
Jun 27, 2009
At the start of the season, UTEP coaches were crowing of the good running backs backing Jones - Hughes, Hamm, Dowell, Lafuasa, etc. Now I hear that the backfield is down to bare bones? What gives? What happened do all these super back ups? Any insights from some of your football gurus?

At the start of the season, UTEP coaches were crowing of the good running backs backing Jones - Hughes, Hamm, Dowell, Lafuasa, etc. Now I hear that the backfield is down to bare bones? What gives? What happened do all these super back ups? Any insights from some of your football gurus?
Hamm transferred before the season, Dowell wasn't a RB when the season started so he wasn't even in the rotation. Not sure what's going on with Hughes

Im assuming Hughes is in the dog house. Thats the only explanation for his absence. He was the by far the best player in camp. He was ripping off big runs everyday. He's the only back left that has big play potential every time he touches the ball. He has elite speed and vision, we need him to carry the load. Whatever is going on i hope it gets resolved.

Im assuming Hughes is in the dog house. Thats the only explanation for his absence. He was the by far the best player in camp. He was ripping off big runs everyday. He's the only back left that has big play potential every time he touches the ball. He has elite speed and vision, we need him to carry the load. Whatever is going on i hope it gets resolved.
He looked good in camp because he was going up against our defense. They make any RB look like a stud. Hughes gets carries , he just loses yards on most of his carries. All of our RB's were ripping off big plays against NMSU except for him. That says a lot.

Reactions: TortugaEP
I think a more appropriate question should be: Where are the backs, offensive line, offense, passing game, coaching, defensive line, linebackers, secondary, pass rush, coverage, run defense, sacks, tackling......?

He looked good in camp because he was going up against our defense. They make any RB look like a stud. Hughes gets carries , he just loses yards on most of his carries. All of our RB's were ripping off big plays against NMSU except for him. That says a lot.[/QUOT

He only got one carry against NMSU. He's a better back than Lafussa or Dowell. I dont know whats going on. We are thin at tail back and he is our best option, something is up.

I think a more appropriate question should be: Where are the backs, offensive line, offense, passing game, coaching, defensive line, linebackers, secondary, pass rush, coverage, run defense, sacks, tackling......?
Passing Game is in the 4th qtr, when Kugler let's them open it up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT