ADVERTISEMENT

Where's Our Master Plans?

I don’t know why UTEP doesn’t tarp up most of the non press box side and sell advertising there.
Most likely cuz no one wants to buy advertising space there. UTSA tarps off the upper bowl and has zero advertising on it. There are more companies in San Antonio than in El Paso.

Does Senter have any plans to improve the Athletic Department? Or are we going to keep doing the same ole?

Seems like MTSU turned down the MAC because they have bigger aspirations. They know they might be next in line for the AAC. They've been quietly fundraising and are about 90% of the way to their first goal of 66 million to start this project.

Senter, what are you doing to get us ready for the next wave of realignment? Or is your goal to keep asking for donations with no clear plan in sight?
Don Haskins Center will be closed for reconstruction in summer 2023.

Hold It In Stressed Out GIF by Chunk Factory HQ

The new floor was installed. It gives a different look to the arena. The hardwood only covers the actual court area so it leaves the concrete exposed on both baselines and near the courtside seats.

Wow, so exciting! :rolleyes:

Why did they do it though? Does this make it easier for concerts?
Where are they going to store it when it is not in use? So after all these years, it's going to become like the Pan Am Center? That is the only way to get the NCAA tournament to come back to the DHC.

Where are they going to store it when it is not in use? So after all these years, it's going to become like the Pan Am Center? That is the only way to get the NCAA tournament to come back to the DHC.
Las Cruces and El Paso will never hold the NCAA Tournament again. The arenas don’t meet the requirements.

Reactions: kickballpro
They need a portable floor to host NBA and NCAA games. If you remember, UTEP cut up
The Sun Bowl to accommodate International Soccer and that has paid off as well.
Right! What have they had two matches. Don’t understand why they haven’t done more.

I’m sure there has been, but they should have at least two every year. I don’t think they have made back the money spent to cut back the stadium.

I don't think there is that much demand. The last match was far from sold out.

The soccer renovation was a giant fail, but it took out seats that nobody was going to miss and UTEP has enough empty seats.

I’m surprised they haven’t tried to run a Mexico U21 team vs some shitty team there. At least it’s there in case they do decide to bring a match here.

With how popular “football “ is right now with the right promoter they should be able to get a decent crowd. Probably not a sell out but 20 to 25 thousand.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
I don’t like soccer and know nothing about it or the teams. For that reason I can’t answer you.

Reactions: EPUTEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT