ADVERTISEMENT

Which University Is The Most Desireable Job in CUSA?

Here are the nine categories that were utilized to determine the overall rankings.

Tradition – The history of the program
Media Exposure – Games on national television
Game Atmosphere – Includes attendance
Facilities – Not just the arena, but also practice facilities, weight room, locker rooms, etc.
Selling Pros – Being able to sell not only NBA players, but also those who play overseas
Admission Requirements – Ranked from easiest to get into to most difficult
Budget/Resources – Includes coaches’ salaries, recruiting budget, travel budget, private planes, cost of attendance, etc.
Buy Games – Programs who are bought the fewest number of times will rank first
Geographical Recruiting Base – Proximity to players
The knock: “You ever been to El Paso? The campus is literally next to Juarez, Mexico. There’s no talent right around El Paso. Plus, the travel sucks to the rest of the teams in the league.” – C-USA assistant

I disagree with the low score on recruiting base. Texas is turning into a high school basketball powerhouse. Terry can do very well off the scraps.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
I disagree with the low score on recruiting base. Texas is turning into a high school basketball powerhouse. Terry can do very well off the scraps.

UTEP is farther away from the big markets in Texas than the schools in states bordering Texas. When we recruit in Texas we're basically an out of state school. Our isolation and El Paso's lack of cultural ties with the rest of Texas basically make UTEP an out of state school when we recruit in the rest of Texas.

Last edited:
UTEP is farther away from the big markets in Texas than the schools in states bordering Texas. When we recruit in Texas we're basically an out of state school. Our isolation and El Paso's lack of cultural ties with the rest of Texas basically make URREP an out of state school when we recruit in the rest of Texas.

We play in SA, Houston, and the Metroplex. It’s a short flight here from all major Texas cities.

UTEP is farther away from the big markets in Texas than the schools in states bordering Texas. When we recruit in Texas we're basically an out of state school. Our isolation and El Paso's lack of cultural ties with the rest of Texas basically make UTEP an out of state school when we recruit in the rest of Texas.
Yet we ARE in Texas and NOT an out of state school.....so there's that...

At least we don’t have to prove El Paso is part of Texas the way New Mexican’s have to prove they are part of the USA.

Reactions: develman
same ol same ol... UTEP is a great job, and I simply don't understand why they don't get more love. A national championship that actually meant something. A legend of a coach in Haskins, and a solid fan base. There are many places that are shit compared to EP. It all comes down to winning. If RT can win, EP and UTEP will be hot!

same ol same ol... UTEP is a great job, and I simply don't understand why they don't get more love. A national championship that actually meant something. A legend of a coach in Haskins, and a solid fan base. There are many places that are shit compared to EP. It all comes down to winning. If RT can win, EP and UTEP will be hot!

On one hand the recent struggles have really hurt the program in the short term. But with that being said, how could the job not be desireable when compared to other jobs within the conference? Under Stull EVERY job had to be desireable based on job security alone.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
UTEP ranks high on everything except recruiting base and that's true. Yes, it's a short flight, but it would be even better if we could get recruits who were short driving distances away. It would be good if every year 3-4 D1 players came out of El Paso and UTEP could always snatch 1 or 2, but that isn't happening.

All I know is Coach Terry thinks the UTEP job is better than the Fresno State job and that makes me happy.

All I know is Coach Terry thinks the UTEP job is better than the Fresno State job and that makes me happy.

Whoa! UTEP is a better job than a school that has been to the NCAAs 6 whole times you say??? Those are some high standards for UTEP basketball. To be a better basketball job than a school with 6 appearances and 3 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT