ADVERTISEMENT

Who wants Floyd and staff gone now?

Believe me when I tell you that drinking and coaching basketball at UTEP is nothing new, Kikis and Kings X know that. That's how I handled the last time I went to the Don Haskins Center (alcohol) and I only went to watch and haven't bought season tickets in 5 years. This guy can't even get kicked out with some class

I wonder what happened to CTF. Did he become basketball stupid overnight? I ask the question because TF has had success, if measured by getting to the NCAA tournament, every where he has been before UTEP. Here are a couple of theories

1. He became damaged goods after the scandal at USC. Other coaches remind prospects of this whenever they are recruiting the same players Utep is recruiting.

2. He has benefited in the past from superior assistant coaches. The assistants he has now are not the caliber of those he had before.

3. UTEP has become much more difficult to recruit to. Barbee had a pipeline to talent rich Memphis. CTF doesn't have the same contacts but he has his own. The quality of players he is going after are not as good as the athletes Barbee pulled from Memphis.

4. (hit the wrong button). He doesn't have the same support from the administration that he had from prior schools.

5. He did get stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT