Who will get 5 star recruit first

• Dimel

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Terry

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • None

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters
Also, as most people on here know who follow recruiting closely, UTEP has had four star recruits who immediately get bumped to three stars and three to two stars by Rivals for whatever damned purpose they give. So my point is, UTEP will never officially get a five star. At least not according to Rivals.

I say neither, and we should not put that expectation on either coach realistically. There are only a few 5-star recruits in each sport each year and it would take some kind of special relationship to get one of them out of high school (while avoiding the blue bloods). I think our higher level recruits will be in basketball. High 3 and 4-star recruits are viable for Terry and Dimel at UTEP. A 5 star transfer is more possible. If eithet of these guys prove me wrong then awesome, but that is not my expectation.

I think Coach Dimel has a better shot. His staff looked very aggressive
when they came onboard.

GO Miners...

I vote for Dimel. He’s got a chance to get some former 5 Star Juco kid or something like that.

We've all seen it and said it before, in both sports, a recruit is rated 3, 4 or 5 star in high school. As long as the big time colleges are after him, he's the best thing since sliced bread. As soon as he signs with UTEP, he drops down a star. No one worth a damn ever plays for UTEP in the eyes of the rating services. We can hope both coaches get the best they can and put the best team on the field or floor that they can. Go Miners.

Reactions: mikesarabia
The chance of landing a 5 star recruit straight out of high school is slim to none. In football the chance is at 0%.

Landing a former 5 star player who transfers from a bigger school is more likely to happen. Like a D. Caracter or Fred Rouse. I can see Rodney Terry landing one these types of players.

Isaac Hamilton was a 5 star but he didnt show up, UAB and Western Kentucky have landed 5 stars but they also never showed up.

5 stars in bb tend to be one and done. I don't see UTEP being in a position to have that situation. UTEP is more like Loyola where it needs an experienced team of Jr. and Sr.s making the run. 5 stars want to get to the NBA as quickly as possible.

In the spirit of the season, in case you didn’t know Coach Terry just got a 5 Star player. Transylvanian center, Sloof Lirpa. 7’0, can score from the post and has handles. 5 Stars from Rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT