ADVERTISEMENT

Whos fault is it??

Just have to look in the media guide. They have averaged more than 35k in 1987, 88, 99, 00, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08. So 8 times since 1963. You can find this information on page 59

No need to be a UTEP professor. Even Fili can look at the attendance numbers.
Don't be throwing Fili under the bus dumba$$. He has provided good info on UTEP basketball over the years. You're a walking crap spreader.

Just have to look in the media guide. They have averaged more than 35k in 1987, 88, 99, 00, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08. So 8 times since 1963. You can find this information on page 59

No need to be a UTEP professor. Even Fili can look at the attendance numbers.
8 times is a lot different than what Natty claimed. Thank you for making my point NoWins

You’re an idiot you got owned. Click up and see where NoWins provided the actual numbers
I just clicked and that didn't show the data that I found up until 2014. 1st of all Bit*# I didn't say over 35,000 30 times now did I? Average from 1967-2014 shows in that report to be 25,000. I may not be reading the chart exactly right, but it's more than 8 times that they avgd over 30,000 which I said not 35,000. Read!!!

Reactions: kickballpro
I just clicked and that didn't show the data that I found up until 2014. 1st of all Bit*# I didn't say over 35,000 30 times now did I? Average from 1967-2014 shows in that report to be 25,000. I may not be reading the chart exactly right, but it's more than 8 times that they avgd over 30,000 which I said not 35,000. Read!!!
Keep digging. You’re making yourself look even dumber. They didn’t average 35k over 30 years. It was a stupid statement. Own it, admit you made it up, apologize, and let’s move on

Keep digging. You’re making yourself look even dumber. They didn’t average 35k over 30 years. It was a stupid statement. Own it, admit you made it up, apologize, and let’s move on
What are you talking about I'll own up when I'm wrong. I was wrong on 30 years over 30,000. Read again though I didn't say over 35,000 NCAA asked me where did they avg over 35,000, my response was over 30,000. I looked at a chart not actually numbers so my mistake, I now see the media guide. It appears that the years where it was above 26,000 it appeared to be at around 30,000, I'll admit that. However I think the point is made, El Paso will support a winner and even in sub .500 years up until recently avgs we're in the 20,000's

What are you talking about I'll own up when I'm wrong. I was wrong on 30 years over 30,000. Read again though I didn't say over 35,000 NCAA asked me where did they avg over 35,000, my response was over 30,000. I looked at a chart not actually numbers so my mistake, I now see the media guide. It appears that the years where it was above 26,000 it appeared to be at around 30,000, I'll admit that. However I think the point is made, El Paso will support a winner and even in sub .500 years up until recently avgs we're in the 20,000's
Simply not true. Did you not read NoWins post? Take a deep breath and slow down. They averaged between 30-35k one time.

Simply not true. Did you not read NoWins post? Take a deep breath and slow down. They averaged between 30-35k one time.
What are you talking about now? Did you even read or look up the Guide. I literally took the time to pull over after driving in traffic. They averaged over 35,000 9 times since 1982 including 5 times over 40,000. Where do you get one time between 30-35? Now admit you're wrong!

From this post:
“ From 1967 when the sun bowl was expanded and then again in 1982 until 2014 it was sold out 7 times, averaged right around 25,000 and during that 47 year stretch had 30 seasons avg 30,000 or above. This was from a detailed report from a UTEP Professor.”

Right there you said 30 seasons average 30,000 or above.

From this post:
“ From 1967 when the sun bowl was expanded and then again in 1982 until 2014 it was sold out 7 times, averaged right around 25,000 and during that 47 year stretch had 30 seasons avg 30,000 or above. This was from a detailed report from a UTEP Professor.”

Right there you said 30 seasons average 30,000 or above.
Bro that's been already established and I said my bad I was looking at a chart and it appeared as though it was right at 30,000 when in fact from the guide that was shared I see it was more like 26,000. This point was already clarified guy! The part that I was arguing was A. I didn't say over 35,000 30 times, and B. Minerfan79 or whatever his name claimed it was only one time that they averaged 30-35,000. It was actually 9 times over 35,000 and 5 over 40,000 since 82. Before 82 the stadium was much smaller so the crowds were relative to having 30,000 plus in about 7 of the years from 67-82 if you wanna be technical. So I admit I was off, but saying it was only one time or whatever is ridiculous. Fact of the matter is even if I was wrong the pont is this city supports a winner and even came out to see what mostly has been a loser. Stack up the avg since 82 or even 67 when it was smaller against any CUSA, AAC, MWC, MAC, Sun Belt and we beat 95% of them.

Bro that's been already established and I said my bad I was looking at a chart and it appeared as though it was right at 30,000 when in fact from the guide that was shared I see it was more like 26,000. This point was already clarified guy! The part that I was arguing was A. I didn't say over 35,000 30 times, and B. Minerfan79 or whatever his name claimed it was only one time that they averaged 30-35,000. It was actually 9 times over 35,000 and 5 over 40,000 since 82. Before 82 the stadium was much smaller so the crowds were relative to having 30,000 plus in about 7 of the years from 67-82 if you wanna be technical. So I admit I was off, but saying it was only one time or whatever is ridiculous. Fact of the matter is even if I was wrong the pont is this city supports a winner and even came out to see what mostly has been a loser. Stack up the avg since 82 or even 67 when it was smaller against any CUSA, AAC, MWC, MAC, Sun Belt and we beat 95% of them.
Nobody cares about our attendance. The SBC could care less. They have teams in cities, where they hang out at Krystal, Bojangles, and Hardee’s. What we averaged 30 years ago means nothing today. What we averaged 5 years and today means nothing either.

Nobody cares about our attendance. The SBC could care less. They have teams in cities, where they hang out at Krystal, Bojangles, and Hardee’s. What we averaged 30 years ago means nothing today. What we averaged 5 years and today means nothing either.
I'm in DFW the 4th largest Metro in the US and I don't think we have any of those, so I don't see the point of having those places lol Whatever happens to Sizzler?

Last edited:
Actually this is not the case. He said that he didn't know why coaches still taught boxing out, as it wasn't important. He used an example of a rebound that he saw Porzingis grab as evidence.
Lol. 2Step says he’s “provided good info for years” though! Thanks for clarifying what he wrote, I knew it was stupid.

Dude, you remind of the D.C. "War Hawks" who push non stop the need to attack Iran and overthrow the Venezuelan and North Korean regimes. Yah, huey!

How do you know what the SBC wants? You can't even name one offensive formation for pete's sake but yet you somehow now what the SBC wants and doesn't want?

STFU, NoWins.

Dude, you remind of the D.C. "War Hawks" who push non stop the need to attack Iran and overthrow the Venezuelan and North Korean regimes. Yah, huey!

How do you know what the SBC wants? You can't even name one offensive formation for pete's sake but yet you somehow now what the SBC wants and doesn't want?

STFU, NoWins.
Don’t know what you’re referring to.

It’s common sense that they wouldn’t want UTEP based on their “regional adds”. Just because you don’t have a clue, some of us do. When has anyone asked me about an offensive formation on here? What does that have to do with conference realignment? I would bet my life UTEP was not considered for SBC expansion. Believe what you want dildo.

CUSA is too quiet right now, I don't have any faith left in them to make decisions that are to the remaining teams benefit. Don't see much choice behind bringing in NMSU and FCS schools trying to make the transition. I don't even know if we keep W. Kentucky or M. Tennessee. If MAC wants them Mac will get them.

CUSA is too quiet right now, I don't have any faith left in them to make decisions that are to the remaining teams benefit. Don't see much choice behind bringing in NMSU and FCS schools trying to make the transition. I don't even know if we keep W. Kentucky or M. Tennessee. If MAC wants them Mac will get them.
I am not sure the MAC really wants those teams. Not a lot of smoke about it. Don’t really need them either since their schools won’t leave for the MWC, SBC, or AAC.

I am also unsure that NMSU and FCS schools will actually join CUSA either. Though I believe it could happen. Just not convinced it’s a good move for anyone.

Does the MAC want them though? They've been very quite too. MTSU administration seems to think they're staying.

A lot of stuff going on behind the scenes.

Someone with MTSU "insider" knowledge claims it's "bat shit crazy" right now with the amount of FCS teams calling the CUSA offices. FCS schools know that if CUSA folds, the gate to move up to FBS closes too.

In the next day or two when Marshall officially leaves CUSA will start inviting the first set of teams.

Yeah I gave up on Marshall, finally ready about them waiting on President. Marshall closed CUSA chance at JMU and probably Liberty who would rather stay Indy. Would the incoming teams get the 27 million coming to CUSA too or just the remaining 5? And if I had to guess it's Mc Neese St. Tarleton St. Sam Houston St. Missouri St. and NMSU. That'd make 10, not sure if they prefer to go 12. As much as I'd like to say that would be a shit conference. Most of those FCS school have more football potential than Charlotte or ODU had coming in to CUSA. Sam Houston and Missouri St. are regularly ranked in FCS, Mc Neese has it's years and a decent stadium. Tarleton St. is hungry and fills their stadium and NMSU is our natural rival so Meh... We can't be excited obviously, but at least we will remain in a FBS conference most likely for now.

Yeah I gave up on Marshall, finally ready about them waiting on President. Marshall closed CUSA chance at JMU and probably Liberty who would rather stay Indy. Would the incoming teams get the 27 million coming to CUSA too or just the remaining 5? And if I had to guess it's Mc Neese St. Tarleton St. Sam Houston St. Missouri St. and NMSU. That'd make 10, not sure if they prefer to go 12. As much as I'd like to say that would be a shit conference. Most of those FCS school have more football potential than Charlotte or ODU had coming in to CUSA. Sam Houston and Missouri St. are regularly ranked in FCS, Mc Neese has it's years and a decent stadium. Tarleton St. is hungry and fills their stadium and NMSU is our natural rival so Meh... We can't be excited obviously, but at least we will remain in a FBS conference most likely for now.
The $27 million would just be for the final 5. However, CUSA could decide not charge the incoming teams entrance fees and/or pay the exit fees for them.

CUSA needs all the money they can get. Next year's TV contract, could be even worse.

I think CUSA is hoping UTEP wins so game day may come to EP. Maybe the refs will be on our side lol

Reactions: JCorona
Does the MAC want them though? They've been very quite too. MTSU administration seems to think they're staying.

A lot of stuff going on behind the scenes.

Someone with MTSU "insider" knowledge claims it's "bat shit crazy" right now with the amount of FCS teams calling the CUSA offices. FCS schools know that if CUSA folds, the gate to move up to FBS closes too.

In the next day or two when Marshall officially leaves CUSA will start inviting the first set of teams.
On the one hand, for an FCS school that has had any designs on moving up to FBS, this is a potentially golden opportunity for that to happen.

On the other hand, all ducks have to be in a row. It would be easy to wanna jump the gun. Haste could make waste if timing isn’t quite right for a program, and the conference could suffer as a result. I hope there is a thorough vetting process and not just anybody is accepted into whatever conference we find ourselves in.

Reactions: JCorona
With all this being done I'd like to point out at the AAC doesn't look like much. Alot of nobody's in Big Markets that the cities don't even care about. The football will be better in the Sun Belt than the AAC. Unless those teams that left get better like UTSA, I'm not impressed. Unfortunately the TV markets are what matters I guess.

Reactions: FiliUTEP
The process is called "Did your check clear?" or "Can your butt in the seat help us keep the doors open?"
I agree. So my hope is that about 10-15 teams want to make the jump and methodically the best of them are chosen, rather than the first come first served method being utilized to determine our future conference mates.

By best, I mean the most stable, willing to make a commitment to their athletic programs, upside, etc.

Reactions: Lil_Train

This conference geographically is better than the current CUSA and many of the schools mentioned have budgets higher than FBS programs. Honestly, having ODU and Marshall leave (on top of the other AAC losses) means the only real East Coast trip becomes FIU, and who doesn't like a trip to Miami? The core of the conference becomes much more centralized around the Texas/Louisiana schools, which isn't exactly close for UTEP, but it's way better than it was. At least with NMSU as a travel partner, the trip out for Olympic sports is much more palatable for everyone.

From a competitive standpoint it's also the kind of conference you can build some sustained success. I know the names aren't exactly exciting (although NMSU conference games are awesome), but does anyone in El Paso really get excited for Marshall, FAU, RICE or anyone in CUSA? At least in this conference, there will be the belief likely every game for a few years that UTEP has a solid shot at winning, and we likely will have success early in this conference.

Reactions: nattybry
Ki
I think CUSA is hoping UTEP wins so game day may come to EP. Maybe the refs will be on our side lol
hope so, but in what decade has UTEP ever had the refs on their side.
This should be another first for the miners.
GO UTEP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT