ADVERTISEMENT

WHY ????

alvinosports

All Star
May 21, 2012
I usually don't write on this message board but for the past month I have been sort of active here, and to my amazement I see that there still a few who still believe in Tim Floyd, things like next year will be better, the new recruits are amazing, that he will turn the ship around, bs, etc. etc.

The question is why after seven years of total failures, no post season victories, no NCAA appearances etc. Why do some people still believe in him.

WHY ??????

Dear CTF supporters....

images

I usually don't write on this message board but for the past month I have been sort of active here, and to my amazement I see that there still a few who still believe in Tim Floyd, things like next year will be better, the new recruits are amazing, that he will turn the ship around, bs, etc. etc.

The question is why after seven years of total failures, no post season victories, no NCAA appearances etc. Why do some people still believe in him.

WHY ??????
I wouldn't call posting "Bring back Billy Gillispie!!!" repeatedly as being active. Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: kickballpro
The proof is in the attendance nothing else really matters. Want Stull/Floyd out hold your money back until they are gone. A couple of supporters on a message board isn't going to make a difference so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Reactions: alvinosports
Coach Floyd is due for a big season. Next year will be much improved. Yes, you can't get any worst, yes you can trust me. I think 2018-2019 season will be one to remember.

GO Miners...

Negatory. Ain't happening. Too much turnover and too many young, new faces next year. UTEP ain't Kentucky. Continuity is our only hope...and we've had poop in terms of continuity since CTF arrived.

You're probably right about one thing Haskins, and that's that it can't get any worse. However, a 15 win season ain't gonna do it either. Not the kind of turn around folks are looking for.

Hey Roy! Howze your X's and O's? Can you recruit? Are you available? You can do it!!!!! I'll get you an application.
Nope because the nearest recruit isn't closer than 12 hours away, and we're in a one bid conference so this job is impossible, plus when the weather is bad fans don't come to the game, so nah, I'll pass.

I hope you have lot's of jack Haskins because you're going to have to give extra to make up for all those orange seats. If they are here when season ticket sales come around i woul guess that thete will be at least a 50% loss of renewals.

Coach Floyd is due for a big season. Next year will be much improved. Yes, you can't get any worst, yes you can trust me. I think 2018-2019 season will be one to remember.

GO Miners...

Based on what? Floyd has given us no reason to believe he can turn this around, let alone keep recruits for 4 years.

Devil's advocate here. Remember the housing crisis of 07-09? Coast to coast, the experienced real estate professionals survived (because they survived the "Keating 5"/Savings and Loan fallout and the real estate disaster that followed as well; and I'm not talking about the Trumps, James Dimon's or hedge fund players, I'm talking about your local real estate agents and RE professionals). Hate him or love him, that's Floyd, he some how survives and Bob Stull basically said he's not going anywhere. I'm not happy about, most Miner fans are not happy about it, but it's reality.

Devil's advocate here. Remember the housing crisis of 07-09? Coast to coast, the experienced real estate professionals survived (because they survived the "Keating 5"/Savings and Loan fallout and the real estate disaster that followed as well; and I'm not talking about the Trumps, James Dimon's or hedge fund players, I'm talking about your local real estate agents and RE professionals). Hate him or love him, that's Floyd, he some how survives and Bob Stull basically said he's not going anywhere. I'm not happy about, most Miner fans are not happy about it, but it's reality.

Surviving in the sense that you are up to your nose in quicksand. Yeah - you're still alive, but you're "not going anywhere."

lieb

Reactions: TrojanMiner
I think there are a several reasons for the blind support for Floyd.

First, the link to our iconic hero Don Haskins. He was a larger than life figure and fans want Floyd to succeed because he is disciple of the Bear and we all loved the bear. A Floyd failure is a Haskins failure.

Second, there are those that think we have a Ferrari for the price of a Fiat. We can't do any better than Floyd, no one this good will ever coach here again. If you think things are bad now, wait until we get a lesser known coach. We can't afford a great coach, but a great coach is here on a bargain, we are so lucky.

And then you have the small populous who will support UTEP no matter what because they support UTEP. And whoever the coach is they will give their blind support because that's just what they do.

GO Miners...

If you are not joking you really need to get Psychiatric help ASAP.

Last edited:
I think there are a several reasons for the blind support for Floyd.

First, the link to our iconic hero Don Haskins. He was a larger than life figure and fans want Floyd to succeed because he is disciple of the Bear and we all loved the bear. A Floyd failure is a Haskins failure.

Second, there are those that think we have a Ferrari for the price of a Fiat. We can't do any better than Floyd, no one this good will ever coach here again. If you think things are bad now, wait until we get a lesser known coach. We can't afford a great coach, but a great coach is here on a bargain, we are so lucky.

And then you have the small populous who will support UTEP no matter what because they support UTEP. And whoever the coach is they will give their blind support because that's just what they do.

I highly disagree with you, a Floyd failure is NOT a Haskins Failure. Haskins was charismatic and humble person who had a good connection with his players. Floyd is a proven failure because of his arrogance and bad temper plus dishonesty.

Last edited:
Reactions: miner1liner
I highly disagree with you, a Floyd failure is NOT a Haskins Failure. Haskins was charismatic person who had a good connection with his players. Floyd is a proven failure because of his arrogance and bad temper plus dishonesty.

I am saying that there is a category of people who feel the nostalgia of Haskins in Floyd and thus giving him blind support. I am not in that category.

Is there something wrong with that ?
First, its repetitive as hell when you say it as often as you do. Next, it's your shorthanded way to say an older female can't be a University President. Which you can argue whether or not she is good at her job. However, just calling her grandma is lazy at best. Prejudiced at worst.

Last edited:
First, its repetitive as hell when you say it as often as you do. Next, it's your shorthanded way to say an older female can't be a University President. Which you can argue whether or not she is good at her job. However, just calling her grandma is lazy at best. Prejudiced at worst.

I have news for you:

1- I post whatever I want
2- You don't have to read it
3- You don't have to like it
4- I'm not here to please anybody, specially you and your little friend allminer.
5- You might as well ignore me(it's up to you).

But just so you know that I'm diplomatic I will tell you this: I NEVER said a female couldn't be President of a University, NEVER SAID THAT I challenge you to prove that I said that.

You also need to remember this is a UTEP Athletic Message board and we are here to discuss Utep athletic issues, and if I call Diana Natalicio Grandma it is because I am frustrated with her approach towards the AD. It is very obvious to everybody but you, that she doesn't give a f*** about the athletic department. Maybe she's done a tremendous job in other areas but not in the AD. There is no reason for me to ignore that because she is a big part of the problem.

Does anybody else find it odd that alvino, who couldn't put together a proper sentence to save his life, suddenly improves his grammar by tenfold and appears to have taken up the slack for a certain you know who? Odd also that the likes have dissapeared between the two. Hey alvino, so where's YOUR little friend?

Reactions: kickballpro
Does anybody else find it odd that alvino, who couldn't put together a proper sentence to save his life, suddenly improves his grammar by tenfold and appears to have taken up the slack for a certain you know who? Odd also that the likes have dissapeared between the two. Hey alvino, so where's YOUR little friend?

Come on help your big brother find some proof that I said an older female can't be president of a university.

UTEP05 is on timeout. I'm waiting to see what clever handle he returns with this time.

Timeout? What was he banned for this time?
I don't if it's true but he disappears the same day his role call thread did. It's very unusual for him not be on here telling us how great the aggies are specially after beating UTEP. So I just assumed he's gone.

No, you are right. That's the thread you handed his ass to him. Rigo even rose from the dead and liked a few posts. UTEP05 probably stepped over the line after getting punch drunk.

Reactions: JCorona
I have news for you:

1- I post whatever I want
2- You don't have to read it
3- You don't have to like it
4- I'm not here to please anybody, specially you and your little friend allminer.
5- You might as well ignore me(it's up to you).

But just so you know that I'm diplomatic I will tell you this: I NEVER said a female couldn't be President of a University, NEVER SAID THAT I challenge you to prove that I said that.

You also need to remember this is a UTEP Athletic Message board and we are here to discuss Utep athletic issues, and if I call Diana Natalicio Grandma it is because I am frustrated with her approach towards the AD. It is very obvious to everybody but you, that she doesn't give a f*** about the athletic department. Maybe she's done a tremendous job in other areas but not in the AD. There is no reason for me to ignore that because she is a big part of the problem.

Now that's what I call a tantrum.

Look all I said and in fact, you admitted it, is that you use Grandma as an insult. I get it, you're frustrated, so am I and everyone else.

All I'm saying is saying Grandma Natalicio over and over again is repetitive. Also, it makes it seem, maybe you don't mean it, that your problem with her is that she has the characteristics of a grandma.

Here are negative adjectives that one could use to attack Natalico's ACTIONS instead of her age and gender. Aloof, distant, out-of- touch, elitist, dismissive, neglectful.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT