ADVERTISEMENT

You think Mack Brown is possible ?

You mean THE MACK BROWN who had more budget than any college in the universe, at a school located in the epicenter of the most talent rich recruiting areas in the world, who had every resource known to man and the support of millions of alumni and students and still didn't win ten games a year, that Mack Brown? Oh yea, he will be right here as UTEP and UT will be a seamless transition for him.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Exactly....Mack would be clueless on how to win at a school like UTEP. He is a good coach and a nice guy, but winning at UTEP is a different animal than winning at UT or NC.
Recruiting Budget at UT --- Private Jet, million and a half and supportive alumni and coaches in every major HS in Texas
Recruiting Budget at UTEP ----- handful of round trip tickets on southwest, 1993 Chevy Suburban painted orange and high school coaches who are not really sure El Paso IS in Texas or a city for that matter.
I love the Miners and will always support them but I am not blind about were they stand college football wise. Kuglar was a good get for UTEP, as was Mike Price and we don't have enough cash/support/history/clout to even get a sniff at Brown.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Why is this post still going on???? We don't have a football head coaching vacancy and Brown is not going to coach again. Even if he decided to coach again, UTEP would be last on his list

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
North Texas has an opening, which is more relevant to UTEP. Here are some of the names being tossed around for that job:

UT's Jeff Traylor or Jay Norvell
Major Applewhite
Kendall Briles
Sonny Cumbie
Jake Spavital
Former ACU head coach and current Arizona State Assistant head/OL coach Chris Thomsen

Not sure they'll get any of the above.

Here was McCarney's pay:

"North Texas coach Dan McCarney has signed a new five-year contract worth at least $3.6 million after the Mean Green's first bowl victory in 11 seasons.

"The school said McCarney's deal has a base salary of $600,000 a season with another $125,000 in annual guaranteed incentives. There are other potential incentives worth another $125,000 per season."

Why is this post still going on???? We don't have a football head coaching vacancy and Brown is not going to coach again. Even if he decided to coach again, UTEP would be last on his list

I'm sorry, UTEP wouldn't be on Brown's list. He'd stay quasi-retired before he took the UTEP job. That's not a dis against the school, that's a recognition of how little is invested into the program. Although it's a nice thought, it's wasted energy.

North Texas has an opening, which is more relevant to UTEP. Here are some of the names being tossed around for that job:

UT's Jeff Traylor or Jay Norvell
Major Applewhite
Kendall Briles
Sonny Cumbie
Jake Spavital
Former ACU head coach and current Arizona State Assistant head/OL coach Chris Thomsen

Not sure they'll get any of the above.

Here was McCarney's pay:

"North Texas coach Dan McCarney has signed a new five-year contract worth at least $3.6 million after the Mean Green's first bowl victory in 11 seasons.

"The school said McCarney's deal has a base salary of $600,000 a season with another $125,000 in annual guaranteed incentives. There are other potential incentives worth another $125,000 per season."

I posted before that Kendall Briles would be a nice launch point for him being a head coach. His time and name recognition from being at Baylor would be a plus for attracting talent. Sonny Crumbie would be a nice get as well, but I'm sure someone with deeper pockets will get him first.

Last thought on Brown: let's not forget Brown threw his assistant coaches under the bus in public. That's a no-no for head coaches and they bailed. Brown wouldn't inspire any loyalty from any coaches he hired. That won't help in building a winner.

This is an entertaining thread. I don't think Kugs steps down and I don't think Stull fires him. Kugs should make some changes on his coaching staff though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT