ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE SENTER............FIRE DIMEL.................!!!

Well, someone's got to say (SHOUT) it..........I don't know where the antagonists have gone...they used to start these type of threads. Maybe they have given up on the program.
I want to remain optimistic because it’s only week 0, but it’s new year same Dimel. I will give the guy his roses, he rebuilt the team after Kugler, he won a game in the East Coast and he beat Boise St. Those are all very good accomplishments, but we’ve seen time and time again what the upper limit is when he’s behind the wheel. He’s gotta go.

Well, someone's got to say (SHOUT) it..........I don't know where the antagonists have gone...they used to start these type of threads. Maybe they have given up on the program.
Who would you have coach the team for the rest of the season? I mean it's easy to say fire everyone, but the reality is there's not going to be a change one game in. The only option mid-season is for a coordinator to take over since no one from another program would be available. Like it or not, my guess is that we're stuck with this group.

Who would you have coach the team for the rest of the season? I mean it's easy to say fire everyone, but the reality is there's not going to be a change one game in. The only option mid-season is for a coordinator to take over since no one from another program would be available. Like it or not, my guess is that we're stuck with this group.
…beyond just this season, too. My guess is he’ll coach out his contract, through the 2024 season.

There weren’t that many drops. Both tds that were dropped were good passes but difficult catches. Especially the first one where the DB got his hand in there. Missed FG. Not surprising . The kickers first college attempt.
The terrible play calling and penalty for calling back to back time outs are on the COACHES. Unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!

Literally anyone!!! Get Pebble Hills Coach idc. If I was a recruit I wouldn’t want to come here and play for DIMEL after that sorry display. He literally makes players look worse than they are with his decision making.

No but that might make teams call a running play on 3rd and 1 and maybe try a field goal to tie the game on 4th and 1 or if they go for 4th and one how about a run play when your average 20th more on the line —- geez I don’t know
QB could’ve won the game had he not forced a stupid pass and instead surveyed the field to see a wide open WR. Kicker could’ve at least tied the game if he was able to actually make a kick. I’m failing to see how that’s on the coach

QB could’ve won the game had he not forced a stupid pass and instead surveyed the field to see a wide open WR. Kicker could’ve at least tied the game if he was able to actually make a kick. I’m failing to see how that’s on the coach
This is on the coach. He brought in the kicker. He brought in Hardison and he loves that kid like he’s his own child for what reason I don’t know. He’s in his 5th year at the program, and 6th playing college football. Can someone please tell me what upward trajectory you’ve seen in terms of his play? The only thing he’s improved is he’s not throwing balls short on the run. 5 years at UTEP, 34 games played and the guys thrown 36 TD and 28 INTs. Who keeps a job for 5 years putting up those types of numbers? That’s Teamster job security right there.

Last edited:
Literally anyone!!! Get Pebble Hills Coach idc. If I was a recruit I wouldn’t want to come here and play for DIMEL after that sorry display. He literally makes players look worse than they are with his decision making.
I'm not insinuating they should keep him after his dismal performance! I said they are not going to get rid of him after one game, and believing otherwise is not based in reality. If they don't start winning, the best we can hope for is a coordinator taking over at some point, so you can forget about Nick Saban, Nick Cannon or some dopey high school coach until next season.

Last edited:
I like Coach Dimel, but I am now fully on the Fire Dimel Wagon. Even if he scrapes a bowl win from fates hand, Senter will give him his extension, which he so eagerly wants to do, and “here we go again”.

JSU deserves this win, but we lost to a so-so upstart, again.

I see a huge problem with the execution
Run the damn ball on 3rd and 1 not take a low percentage throw to the end zone with 2 minutes left still. Get the 1st down, then the playbook is open with plenty of time still to score and run the clock out. It was Atrocious Play calling on 3rd and 4th and terrible execution by Hardison on the 4th down and a total shot in the gut to your new kicker that you have 0 faith in.

I’m not mad at the calls. Everyone was expecting run. Dimel went for glory. Grew some balls. F it. If the pass is completed he’s a hero.

I’m mad that a school that played FCS last season with disadvantages is already at our level or better. What a waste of 6 years.

Win or lose the red flags are all over the place. And have been since he first arrived and lost to an FCS team at home. That was six years ago. How much have we progressed since then? We’re really not that much better than an FCS program. Prepare for a long season y’all.
Yep. It doesn't take long to see if a coach has "IT" or not. Despite some good qualities, he just haven't IT. If he would just give up the reigns to the offense, play calling and game management I think he/the team/and we would be better off.

Yep. It doesn't take long to see if a coach has "IT" or not. Despite some good qualities, he just haven't IT. If he would just give up the reigns to the offense, play calling and game management I think he/the team/and we would be better off.
How's him giving up the reins of play calling going to change the piss poor execution? All three turnovers there were guys open. Our issue should be with who's in at quarterback more so than the plays that led to guys being open and not getting the ball.

McNamara any good?
Honestly it's really tough to say. The practices have little to no contact and the DBs aren't allowed really break on the ball. He does seem to scan the field but so does Hardison in practice. The one thing that I do like about him is that he spreads the ball around in practice. Hardison really only throws to two people in practice.

Honestly it's really tough to say. The practices have little to no contact and the DBs aren't allowed really break on the ball. He does seem to scan the field but so does Hardison in practice. The one thing that I do like about him is that he spreads the ball around in practice. Hardison really only throws to two people in practice.
We shoulda tried him for one drive the way rich Rod did lol

I'm not insinuating they should keep him after his dismal performance! I said they are not going to get rid of him after one game, and believing otherwise is not based in reality. If they don't start winning, the best we can hope for is a coordinator taking over at some point, so you can forget about Nick Saban, Nick Cannon or some dopey high school coach until next season.
I’ll take nick cannon over DIMEL. He’s got enough kids to field a football team I think

I don’t know of any Coach Dimel community engagements or involvement in recent years. Has he been to the Lower Valley to chat it up with the community? Volunteered alongside with the team?

Im watching Texas State this year, and if Mack Leftwich (OC) continues to excel, Off-Senter needs to give him a call to bring him back and replace DeeDee!

WKU in 1st. Liberty in 2nd. UTEP and LT in 3rd.

This is how Dimel wishes CUSA coaches would act.

Reactions: utep2step
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT