ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE SENTER............FIRE DIMEL.................!!!

Look at Senter's history at the Citadel, he's not afraid to fire someone.
I did. Senter was hired in August of 2014. The Citadel hired Mike Houston (current ECU coach) 8 months before that. So Senter had zero to do with his hiring. He hired his replacement Brent Thompson for 2016, who was the current OC and followed Houston from their previous school.

Thompson went 10-2 in his first year, with probably a lot of their players from the previous 2 years, since there was no transfer portal back then. Thompson went 5-6, 5-6, 6-6, 2-10, 4-7, 4-7 before letting his contract expire after last year. Senter left near the end of that 1st 5-6 season, so he can’t be blamed for the other years, but how did that hire go for The Citadel?

In March of 2015, Senter decided not to renew the contract of basketball coach Chuck Driesell, who went 42-113 in 5 seasons. He hired the VMI coach Dugger Baucom. Baucom was fired last March after going 77-136 in 7 years and never winning more than 13 games in a season. How did that hire go for The Citadel?

Senter didn’t fire anyone and he hired crap.

Senter has been behind the narrative. From 12/2017 to now. "Sell! Sell! Sell!" Dana was almost all year. Dimel did not shy away from interviews and photo shoots. He was supposed to transform UTEP with JUCO talent like he did at KSU. Now on 2/2023 he gave excuses that is not possible at UTEP like KSU. Top JUCO's are snatched up by P5's, commit to G5's to get P5 offers or get caught up with academic or personal issues and don't get on to field "Academic eligibility is more cut-and-dried with portal players". Ok. Fine.
The one thing Sean Kugler DID do was keep his players focused on classes and clean up UTEP's APR score. Kugler had UTEP's APR score 2nd only to Rice in the conference and in the state of Texas. And then we brought in Dimel with his quick-fix JUCOs and UTEP's APR is near the bottom in FBS. And to show for it, Dimel has the same results on the field as Kugler (exactly ONE winning season with a bowl game, same bowl, same record).

Man, at least Kugler got those APR scores up.

The one thing Sean Kugler DID do was keep his players focused on classes and clean up UTEP's APR score. Kugler had UTEP's APR score 2nd only to Rice in the conference and in the state of Texas. And then we brought in Dimel with his quick-fix JUCOs and UTEP's APR is near the bottom in FBS. And to show for it, Dimel has the same results on the field as Kugler (exactly ONE winning season with a bowl game, same bowl, same record).

Man, at least Kugler got those APR scores up.
We don’t care about the APR scores though. Kugler was a horrible hire and so is Dismel.

I did. Senter was hired in August of 2014. The Citadel hired Mike Houston (current ECU coach) 8 months before that. So Senter had zero to do with his hiring. He hired his replacement Brent Thompson for 2016, who was the current OC and followed Houston from their previous school.

Thompson went 10-2 in his first year, with probably a lot of their players from the previous 2 years, since there was no transfer portal back then. Thompson went 5-6, 5-6, 6-6, 2-10, 4-7, 4-7 before letting his contract expire after last year. Senter left near the end of that 1st 5-6 season, so he can’t be blamed for the other years, but how did that hire go for The Citadel?

In March of 2015, Senter decided not to renew the contract of basketball coach Chuck Driesell, who went 42-113 in 5 seasons. He hired the VMI coach Dugger Baucom. Baucom was fired last March after going 77-136 in 7 years and never winning more than 13 games in a season. How did that hire go for The Citadel?

Senter didn’t fire anyone and he hired crap.
Too much time on your hands, buddy. Go Christmas shopping, trust in Senter 😂

Vince Mcmahon Wrestling GIF by WWE

With extreme prejudice.

The injury excuse is BS from Dimel. We suck because we have an incompetent head coach/ offensive coordinator. The offense is ineffective as a whole because Dimel has done nothing to improve the QB position. Our starting QB shouldn’t be playing at this level as well as our backup QB’s. The offense is based on the run game and our RB’s have been healthy for the most part. The run blocking has been good as well as the run game. The offense is based on a boring system that wins the time of possession battle that scores minimal points. When UTEP falls behind in the game and we have to rely on the passing game , we are screwed because our QB’s are terrible.

Hell, there have been a few instances this year where we are behind late in the 4th quarter and Dismel is taking a long time getting the play in with no sense of urgency to get lined up to snap the ball. Then the comedy show of Dimel taking stupid time outs every game.

The defense has played well this year and kept us in many games. Injuries aren’t an issue there. They just aren’t superheroes that will keep the opponents to under 17 ppg because our offense is lucky to score more than 21 points.

Liberty is the only team worth a shit in CUSA. CUSA is terrible as a whole this year and even just being an average team, not even good, should get you 6 total wins and bowl eligibility.

This pathetic season falls squarely on Dimel and his pathetic coaching ability and has very little to do with “injuries” aka players refusing not to play because they don’t want to play for goofball Dimel.

Rachael Phillips gave him a chance to defend himself on why he shouldn’t be fired and he couldn’t even make a valid argument and had to cry that that was an unfair question and he wasn’t going to answer it. He even knows he sucks.

Last edited:
You're blaming fans for our administration's decisions?
No. The main issue is the AD who hires the coaches. However, if the AD gets 30,700 for the 1st game of the season and then another 28,000 show up for a 1-3 team, for year 6 of Dismel’s tenure, does that seem like an unhappy fanbase to you? Seems to me, like many fans were fine with Dismel’s offense and results.

Did you see the crowd at the MTSU game yesterday? It was empty. This coach has taken them to 10 bowls and they won bowls in the ‘21 and ‘22 seasons. Their fanbase is tired of being mediocre. UTEP can’t even be mediocre in football, but can still lead CUSA in attendance.

How many times have you seen 2Step claim “it’s hard to recruit here”? Him and others bring out that excuse every time they need an excuse to keep a coach. Well, it’s been shown to be a bullshit excuse. Jerry Kill recruited good enough players to beat Auburn and make the CUSA championship game in 2 years.

That’s why “most” fans are clueless. If 20,000 show up for Liberty, Senter knows that fans are still behind Dismel.

No. The main issue is the AD who hires the coaches. However, if the AD gets 30,700 for the 1st game of the season and then another 28,000 show up for a 1-3 team, for year 6 of Dismel’s tenure, does that seem like an unhappy fanbase to you? Seems to me, like many fans were fine with Dismel’s offense and results.

Did you see the crowd at the MTSU game yesterday? It was empty. This coach has taken them to 10 bowls and they won bowls in the ‘21 and ‘22 seasons. Their fanbase is tired of being mediocre. UTEP can’t even be mediocre in football, but can still lead CUSA in attendance.

How many times have you seen 2Step claim “it’s hard to recruit here”? Him and others bring out that excuse every time they need an excuse to keep a coach. Well, it’s been shown to be a bullshit excuse. Jerry Kill recruited good enough players to beat Auburn and make the CUSA championship game in 2 years.

That’s why “most” fans are clueless. If 20,000 show up for Liberty, Senter knows that fans are still behind Dismel.

I attend every football game because I like watching games in person. How does that make me clueless?

You very rarely (according to you) attend any games and spend a lot of your time on here bitching and moaning. What does that make you?

How many times have you seen 2Step claim “it’s hard to recruit here”? Him and others bring out that excuse every time they need an excuse to keep a coach.
Please show the past post I have said that and I will own it. “Him and others bring out that excuse”?! Show it.

You lying sack of fudge. I have pointed out how better candidates have applied for the position over the years and that includes a young Bo Pellini and of course how this site spearheaded a “hire Mike Price” by a long forgotten fan that I remember signing (“nineteenrabbit” a former literary poet/writer if I remember correctly?).

I disagree with your "clueless" statement for a few reasons:

1. How long have we, as fans, been complaining about UTEP marketing? They are finally doing something to try to bring fans back. Fans showed up for the first couple of games because of the marketing efforts. Fans stopped going because they can clearly see that the season went to crap. Fans aren't clueless, UTEP (finally) executed a good marketing scheme to get fans to come. The marketing team's purpose is to get fans to go and this was clearly a success. The product on the field is what gets fans to stay and comeback and this was a clear failure because they've stopped showing up.

2. There are also some fans that will go no matter what. You're obviously not this type of fan. These fans see the crap on the field and are mad but will be there no matter what. They have their own reasons for going. There's nothing wrong with that. Who are you to tell them that they"re clueless because they still go? People can be different than you and it's okay. Your opinions aren't always popular in here and that's okay.

With that said, I still don't think fans are to blame for our athletic department's poor decisions.

Last edited:
Please show the past post I have said that and I will own it. “Him and others bring out that excuse”?! Show it.

You lying sack of fudge. I have pointed out how better candidates have applied for the position over the years and that includes a young Bo Pellini and of course how this site spearheaded a “hire Mike Price” by a long forgotten fan that I remember signing (“nineteenrabbit” a former literary poet/writer if I remember correctly?).
Hey hey hey, 2step….calm down. Easy now.

We are a week away from the end of the Dimel era. Even if the excuses are valid, even if the amount of injuries was unfair, even if things look better for next year…..UTEP will be looking for a new coach soon. There is no point in piling on.

I personally wanted Dimel to get his chance this year and thought this year was going to be special. It wasn’t that at all and ultimately he is about to be sacked.

Early signing day is December 20. I expect a quick hire.

I hope you’re right. You sound confident as fvck that THE change is coming. For some reason I feel like Dimel is coming back. PTSD?
The is no logical reason to have a coach on a 1 year deal. I’m not sure when the last time a D1 coach worked with a year left, but I know that it almost never happens.

I have zero inside knowledge, but his contact extension made a lot of sense. Get through Covid, run it back with the same kids, and circle 2023 as the prove it year.

Another sign is Dimel is coaching his ass off. He has a shell of a team and he almost got a win. His post game comments are desperate.

UTEP's schedule ended up being noticeably stronger than people expected. Injuries to UTEP players slowed the team down. We can allow for Dimel not being fired during the season. That being said, Dimel was still poor at play calling and clock management throughout his tenure here. Time of possession being more important than points on the board was another factor. Refusal to consider a QB other than Hardison until forced to do so is still another one. It's time for the athletics department to suck it up and buy out Dimel's contract and wish him fair thee well. Dragging this out past the Liberty U. game hurts everyone involved, even Coach Dimel. Things are not going to magically change if we string this out till next year. Dimel has had his time in the Sun City. Thank him for making the team better than the train wreck that Kugler left. He left the team visibly better off than Kugler's teams. Now, we need a coach that will make the team visibly better than was Dimels'. That will call for a strong leader in the Athletics Department. Is Senter that leader? If not, cut him loose too. "So let it be written. So let it be done." Go Miners.

UTEP's schedule ended up being noticeably stronger than people expected. Injuries to UTEP players slowed the team down. We can allow for Dimel not being fired during the season. That being said, Dimel was still poor at play calling and clock management throughout his tenure here. Time of possession being more important than points on the board was another factor. Refusal to consider a QB other than Hardison until forced to do so is still another one. It's time for the athletics department to suck it up and buy out Dimel's contract and wish him fair thee well. Dragging this out past the Liberty U. game hurts everyone involved, even Coach Dimel. Things are not going to magically change if we string this out till next year. Dimel has had his time in the Sun City. Thank him for making the team better than the train wreck that Kugler left. He left the team visibly better off than Kugler's teams. Now, we need a coach that will make the team visibly better than was Dimels'. That will call for a strong leader in the Athletics Department. Is Senter that leader? If not, cut him loose too. "So let it be written. So let it be done." Go Miners.
Well Said!!!

Reactions: HtownMarty
If Senter does not fire Dimel then Wilson should fire Senter. The best two things to happen for UTEP are: 1) Jerry, and 2) Kill.

No excuses, no rebuilding - just win.

It’s no different than Utep getting the Special Events Center after the Pan-American center was built. New Mexico St. sets the bar, and we eventually have to step up.

I was at every game this year, and even traveled. But, even for me, enough is enough. Dimel was a mediocre hire who got mediocre results. If he stays, I am not going to one single game next year. I think many UTEP fans feel the same way.

If Senter does not fire Dimel then Wilson should fire Senter. The best two things to happen for UTEP are: 1) Jerry, and 2) Kill.

No excuses, no rebuilding - just win.

It’s no different than Utep getting the Special Events Center after the Pan-American center was built. New Mexico St. sets the bar, and we eventually have to step up.

I was at every game this year, and even traveled. But, even for me, enough is enough. Dimel was a mediocre hire who got mediocre results. If he stays, I am not going to one single game next year. I think many UTEP fans feel the same way.

Jerry Kill reminds me of what Billy Gillispie did here. Kill may be heading to Indiana soon but has said, the 'Admin at NMSU knows what it will take to make me stay.'

NMSU is about to upgrade their Locker room, weight room, and Stadium. Hopefully UTEP responds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT