ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE SENTER............FIRE DIMEL.................!!!

I am as down on Dimel not getting the win as anyone. His play calling has always been suspect here. But I have an observation that I will point out to myself as well as everyone else. The go for broke pass plays at the end of the game were not the wishy-washy type calls we've seen in the past. If we had scored that go ahead touchdown, we would be hailing Dimel and Hardison as gutsy performers. It has been mentioned that Hardison didn't see a wide-open receiver across the field. That's been one of his weaknesses his whole career. Not seeing the whole field. Good coaching would work on that. But we haven't seen that either. If Hardison gets better as the season goes on, that would be great. But we'll have to see it on the field to believe it. I was expecting more of this team. As was everyone. After this, a winning season would be a miracle. Another point to make to myself and others is how Jacksonville State does this year. If they end up with a winning record in their first season in the FBS, that's going to make this loss a little easier to take. Everyone expects them to do poorly. But if they surpass expectations, they may well be a welcome addition to the conference. Of course, nonconference and conference both count in that total. We will see.

I don’t know of any Coach Dimel community engagements or involvement in recent years. Has he been to the Lower Valley to chat it up with the community? Volunteered alongside with the team?

Im watching Texas State this year, and if Mack Leftwich (OC) continues to excel, Off-Senter needs to give him a call to bring him back and replace DeeDee!
Mack Leftwich. Utep legend

I am as down on Dimel not getting the win as anyone. His play calling has always been suspect here. But I have an observation that I will point out to myself as well as everyone else. The go for broke pass plays at the end of the game were not the wishy-washy type calls we've seen in the past. If we had scored that go ahead touchdown, we would be hailing Dimel and Hardison as gutsy performers. It has been mentioned that Hardison didn't see a wide-open receiver across the field. That's been one of his weaknesses his whole career. Not seeing the whole field. Good coaching would work on that. But we haven't seen that either. If Hardison gets better as the season goes on, that would be great. But we'll have to see it on the field to believe it. I was expecting more of this team. As was everyone. After this, a winning season would be a miracle. Another point to make to myself and others is how Jacksonville State does this year. If they end up with a winning record in their first season in the FBS, that's going to make this loss a little easier to take. Everyone expects them to do poorly. But if they surpass expectations, they may well be a welcome addition to the conference. Of course, nonconference and conference both count in that total. We will see.
Don’t see either scenario happening. Hardison hasn’t improved over his entire career. Dismel just plans sucks as a game coach.JS decent on defense put their qb is worse than ours.

Why wait until the end of the year? Get it over with as soon as he’s mathematically eliminated from a 50/50 season. Do we save money by waiting until the end of the season?

Why wait until the end of the year? Get it over with as soon as he’s mathematically eliminated from a 50/50 season. Do we save money by waiting until the end of the season?
Depends on what is in the contract? He can technically win out and go to a bowl which pays him extra.

Which leads me to believe he will throw the kitchen sink in on Wednesday.

• Haha
Reactions: axingfools1
Depends on what is in the contract? He can technically win out and go to a bowl which pays him extra.

Which leads me to believe he will throw the kitchen sink in on Wednesday.
He needs to throw the kitchen sink at WKU and Liberty too. Those teams you automatically have as Ls for NMSU. What does that say about our chances?

KVIA it's on their site today, if you'd like to check it out
This is not “news”. It’s a misleading headline, with no further explanation of Dismel’s job status. She used the word “dub” instead of win in this “news article”.

This is not “news”. It’s a misleading headline, with no further explanation of Dismel’s job status. She used the word “dub” instead of win in this “news article”.

So let me clarify what I said and meant. News, as in Local El Paso News Stations, outlets etc.... are finally openly talking about Dimel being done at the end of this year. They've been so pro Dimel it's nice to see an article finally talking about him losing his job. I didn't mean that news came out confirming his firing from a source close to Utep.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
So let me clarify what I said and meant. News, as in Local El Paso News Stations, outlets etc.... are finally openly talking about Dimel being done at the end of this year. They've been so pro Dimel it's nice to see an article finally talking about him losing his job. I didn't mean that news came out confirming his firing from a source close to Utep.
That is not how you framed your post and when questioned about the “news”, you told them to find it themself on KVIA. Since you’re not a local man, you also viewed the same article and did not watch it on the local newscast, which could have been misinterpreted. You could have just linked the article and said your opinion of it.

Instead you called speculation by 1 reporter as news or fact.

That is not how you framed your post and when questioned about the “news”, you told them to find it themself on KVIA. Since you’re not a local man, you also viewed the same article and did not watch it on the local newscast, which could have been misinterpreted. You could have just linked the article and said your opinion of it.

Instead you called speculation by 1 reporter as news or fact.
Shut Up man lol you're doing way too much. I clarified 100% what I meant, move on lol 😅

I expect the media to turn up the heat after Wednesday. That article is soft af. There’s nothing there.
The point is this is one of the 1st times any of the news outlets is posting articles about Dimel's job being in jeopardy and on the line. Corona this article clearly states that it feels if Utep does not win out, which it won't of course, that Dimel is getting Fired. Does it quote sources or do some actual reporting on information they found, No. However the simple fact is that the writing is on the wall and it took forever for the local media to say Dimel's job should definitely be in trouble.

The point is this is one of the 1st times any of the news outlets is posting articles about Dimel's job being in jeopardy and on the line. Corona this article clearly states that it feels if Utep does not win out, which it won't of course, that Dimel is getting Fired. Does it quote sources or do some actual reporting on information they found, No. However the simple fact is that the writing is on the wall and it took forever for the local media to say Dimel's job should definitely be in trouble.
Almost as long as it took you.

Reactions: EPUTEP and Rocketsr
I feel like there is a lot of attacking Natty... Not saying it's bad though. haha... Come Wednesday night, oh boy, things are going to get ruff and stuff with Dimel's afro puffs...

Reactions: nattybry
There’s a reason why Bigwood “dumped” all those Dimel photos after last weeks game. He wants to cement his own image at UTEP but it was another dumpster fire and he was/is in full control of his tenure here. Fans were right, he felt no heat because there was/is no heat from above.

Hope he gets fired if UTEP loses tomorrow.

There were dudes gloating on Miner Talk about being there, saying they are the faithful and the die hards. Bro, it's not cool to go watch a losing programs... spend minimum $120 to take your family to watch a loser. Cool, congrats.
I went on a free ticket, will not buy tickets until Dismel is gone. Didn’t send anything on food and don’t drink beer.
So yes I went but am always torn between supporting and boycotting. So I guess I did both this game.

Dimel did bring in some talented athletes. But what is the point of having talented athletes if you absolutely refuse to use them effectively? Both Dimel and Kugler had the mindset of "It's my way or the highway." The reality for a successful coach is that you recruit what you want, but coach what you've got. Dimel's play calling never really took into account the type of players he had. The proof is the Miners inability to put points on the board within the five-yard line. And if Senter isn't already looking for a replacement for Dimel, like three weeks ago looking, President Wilson needs to be looking for his replacement today.

It’s a no big deal but an act of disrespect, not to just the reporter but critics, fans, and our community. He has never done this before and second, would he do this in front of Big XII and Kansas media? Oh, hell no! (And KSU fans demanded he be fired from his OC duties prior to UTEP gig).

I say don’t let him finish the last two but that is bad Karma on UTEP’s part.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT