ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye, Dimel

He better be.

youre-done-here-my-man-trace-adkins.gif

Just catching up, you guys are saying we lost to MTSU?? Really, what the hell happened? I thought there was no way Dimel loses a winnable game. Wow, shocked to say the least.

I see what you did there, TD. LOL!!

They say the two best days in the life of a boat owner are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. Much the same with UTEP football fans. The two best days are the day we hire a coach and the day we fire him.
I seem to remember plenty of despair when Dimel was announced as the coach. Was anybody here excited?

Liberty F’n University, the pool boy flames are more about the culture than UTEP.

Jerry Kill rockin’ the hell out of some southwest ponchos like a badass is more about the culture than UTEP.

Los Mineros and 915 things would’ve been great had we not been half a decade behind the curve from utilizing those campaigns.

Where is the culture under Senter and Dimel? Do we still do the pick axe thing from the Price days or did that die out like the Amen chant?

Liberty F’n University, the pool boy flames are more about the culture than UTEP.

Jerry Kill rockin’ the hell out of some southwest ponchos like a badass is more about the culture than UTEP.

Los Mineros and 915 things would’ve been great had we not been half a decade behind the curve from utilizing those campaigns.

Where is the culture under Senter and Dimel? Do we still do the pick axe thing from the Price days or did that die out like the Amen chant?

He does do the Luke Laugenberg jersey

• Love
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Ya the game was so close that Liberty started putting in their backup players with like 9 mins left in the 4th quarter. The Liberty fumble on the 4 yard line was a gift.

Reactions: EPUTEP and picks up
I've posted this before, but it bears repeating. UTEP's schedule ended up noticeably stronger than expected, ie. Jacksonville State, NMSU, even Northwestern. Plus, the Miners did have more than the usual number of injuries. We shouldn't lay that on Coach Dimel. But the fact remains that he never did himself any favors with his poor play calling, clock management, and his refusal to realize that Hardison never improved much between his first game and his last. We should thank him for improving the team a great deal from the train wreck that was Kugler's tenure. But now is the time to bring in someone who will improve on what Dimel did. Buy out the last year of his contract as a way of thanking him for his effort, then move on. UTEP can't fall further behind teams like JSU, NMSU and Liberty.
The team showed toughness against Liberty today, but Liberty showed what an obviously better team looks like. I hope Stewart as well as all the injured players have full and speedy recoveries. That being said, Go Miners.

We should thank him for improving the team a great deal from the train wreck that was Kugler's tenure. But now is the time to bring in someone who will improve on what Dimel did. Buy out the last year of his contract as a way of thanking him for his effort, then move on.

Improving the team a great deal? Kugler was 18-36. Dimel was 20-47. Kugler had a better winning percentage.

What did Dimel do?

Thank Dimel for his effort?

I've posted this before, but it bears repeating. UTEP's schedule ended up noticeably stronger than expected, ie. Jacksonville State, NMSU, even Northwestern. Plus, the Miners did have more than the usual number of injuries. We shouldn't lay that on Coach Dimel. But the fact remains that he never did himself any favors with his poor play calling, clock management, and his refusal to realize that Hardison never improved much between his first game and his last. We should thank him for improving the team a great deal from the train wreck that was Kugler's tenure. But now is the time to bring in someone who will improve on what Dimel did. Buy out the last year of his contract as a way of thanking him for his effort, then move on. UTEP can't fall further behind teams like JSU, NMSU and Liberty.
The team showed toughness against Liberty today, but Liberty showed what an obviously better team looks like. I hope Stewart as well as all the injured players have full and speedy recoveries. That being said, Go Miners.

That’s a good post.

My biggest problem in firing Dimel is what is the University going to do to help out the next coach. Dimel mentioned a need for NIL money.

Dimel wasn’t a train wreck. You cannot judge him by his overall record because of what he inherited. No one would have done anything with the team he had.

He will be remembered for a terrible record. But keep in perspective he took over the worst job in College football.

Whoever is announced as his successor will not be taking over the worst job in college football. So that’s something

Dimel wasn’t a train wreck. You cannot judge him by his overall record because of what he inherited. No one would have done anything with the team he had.

He will be remembered for a terrible record. But keep in perspective he took over the worst job in College football.

Dimel was a train wreck. Kill inherited a mess and won a bowl game in his first year. Stop with the excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT