ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye, Dimel

That’s a good post.

My biggest problem in firing Dimel is what is the University going to do to help out the next coach. Dimel mentioned a need for NIL money.

Dimel wasn’t a train wreck. You cannot judge him by his overall record because of what he inherited. No one would have done anything with the team he had.

He will be remembered for a terrible record. But keep in perspective he took over the worst job in College football.

Whoever is announced as his successor will not be taking over the worst job in college football. So that’s something
Dude UTEP is a bottom-10 job out of 133. That's very bad.

Dimel was a train wreck. Kill inherited a mess and won a bowl game in his first year. Stop with the excuses.

Not an excuse. It is fact that UTEP was the worst program in College football. They were 0-12, lost every game but 1 by double digits. Never scored more than 3 TDs in a game.

Dimel came in and Redshirted his first class and ran it back with Kuglers team and went 1-11.

I’m not defending Dimel, but just pointing out the data for his overall record is skewed.

Not an excuse. It is fact that UTEP was the worst program in College football. They were 0-12, lost every game but 1 by double digits. Never scored more than 3 TDs in a game.

Dimel came in and Redshirted his first class and ran it back with Kuglers team and went 1-11.

I’m not defending Dimel, but just pointing out the data for his overall record is skewed.

And your point is? NMSU was awful in 2021 and Kill won a bowl game in his first year.

You are defending Dimel and everybody is laughing at you!

This isn't the 80s anymore. Heck, it isn't even the 2010s. It no longer takes 5 years to build a winning program. If you're not getting it done after 3, at most 4 years, there's no reason to hang on. There will always be a young hungry coach out there who will take the opportunity utep offers and strive to succeed in order to move on. At this point, that's all we can ask for.

Where am I defending Dimel? Comprehension not your thing

"I’m not defending Dimel, but just pointing out the data for his overall record is skewed."

Again, you are making excuses.

Kill inherited a mess and won a bowl game in his first year.

Reactions: MinerMambo
"I’m not defending Dimel, but just pointing out the data for his overall record is skewed."

Again, you are making excuses.

Kill inherited a mess and won a bowl game in his first year.

Can you take Kill’s dick out your mouth for a second?

Just because one coach caught lightning in a bottle doesn’t mean it can be replicated elsewhere. Stull did it.

Kill has been exceptional. We get it. He’s been great everywhere.

What is UTEP and Senter going to do? Obviously a change is about to be made. That’s what this thread is about.

And the excuse if injuries…there weren’t any injuries the first game of the season and they still screwed the pooch against a school playing it’s first game in FBS.

Dimel needs to go.

Numbnuts hired him because Dimel is a white guy Christian - just like numbnuts. Dimel sold the K St. story. Dimel is no Synder.

Hire a young up and coming coach.

Just because one coach caught lightning in a bottle doesn’t mean it can be replicated elsewhere. Stull did it.

What is UTEP and Senter going to do? Obviously a change is about to be made. That’s what this thread is about.
I sure hope you’re right. Personally, I am not convinced this is gonna happen. In fact, my money is on him coming back. Just don’t see Senter letting him go.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dimel has said his team looks nothing like it did back in week 1 of the season, and that if the injuries hadn't occurred he's confident his team would be competing for a conference championship.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Dimel has said his team looks nothing like it did back in week 1 of the season, and that if the injuries hadn't occurred he's confident his team would be competing for a conference championship."

Could've should've DIDNT

Ya the game was so close that Liberty started putting in their backup players with like 9 mins left in the 4th quarter. The Liberty fumble on the 4 yard line was a gift.
That Fumble and Dimel scoring late cost me money. 7 team parlay and only loss was our beloved Miners SMH 😏 Dimel, can't even lose right 🙄 lol

Last edited:
You're right. Kill was paid less and still accomplished more.

That’s correct.

But the team I want to win is UTEP. And UTEP is the team that’s about to have a coaching change.

The Aggies might need a coach again too

That’s correct.

But the team I want to win is UTEP. And UTEP is the team that’s about to have a coaching change.

The Aggies might need a coach again too

Of course, but all you have are excuses as to why Dimel is a horrible coach.

Damn, how much did you lose?
Wagered only $40, but woulda won $2,400 SMH 😒 Was money on all the other pics, and looked good with Utep, until Liberty Fumbled. I was done with Dimel, but now I'm done done, unless he Zelle's me $2,400 😡 lol

• Sad
Reactions: EPUTEP

This is funny to read 11 years later. This is why I take information from "inside sources" with a grain of salt.

Other, more recent rumors that have come about, claim that former Boise State and Colorado head coach Dan Hawkins "is the man", and the rest is just "formalities". That, is according to ESPN El Paso radio host Steve Kaplowitz, per inside sources."

Sean Kugler was one name that came up very early in the process, and seemed like a true candidate. After all, it has been said that Stull would like to hire someone he knows. Kugler happened to play for Stull, and also coach at UTEP in the mid to late 90's.

However, the El Paso Times' Bret Bloomquist recently reported that sources within the Pittsburgh Steelers organization have stated the has no interest in the job. Considering his ties to Stull, we can't completely count him out, but at this point, it doesn't seem like Kugler will be coaching UTEP next season.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Wagered only $40, but woulda won $2,400 SMH 😒 Was money on all the other pics, and looked good with Utep, until Liberty Fumbled. I was done with Dimel, but now I'm done done, unless he Zelle's me $2,400 😡 lol
I feel your pain. I have been in your shoes at one time or another.

Reactions: nattybry

You make great points as always. I wouldn’t spend too much energy debating that dunce.

• Haha
Reactions: EPUTEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT