ADVERTISEMENT

Scotty Walden new UTEP FB Coach

Since you don’t want to look…I’ll bite on the FSU kid.

Out of high school, he was offered by UNT, FSU, Kansas, Kansas State, La Tech, etc.

Not bad for UTEP, in my opinion but I’m sure you will disagree.

This is nothing new. UTEP got McKel Broussard (#87 ranked player). He barely played.

Reactions: kickballpro
Since you don’t want to look…I’ll bite on the FSU kid.

Out of high school, he was offered by UNT, FSU, Kansas, Kansas State, La Tech, etc.

Not bad for UTEP, in my opinion but I’m sure you will disagree.

That's not what I was asking. I asked what schools wanted the FSU kid (in the transfer portal).

We beat out Air Force? lol Is that something to jump up and down about?
You aren’t happy about beating out a Mountain West school that just went 9-4? Or do you have an issue with beating out SEC, ACC and B12 schools for Collins?

Either way man, I would log out for the night and take a break.

You aren’t happy about beating out a Mountain West school that just went 9-4? Or do you have an issue with beating out SEC, ACC and B12 schools for Collins?

Either way man, I would log out for the night and take a break.

I am neutral to any recruits. I'll be happy when UTEP wins a bowl game. I don't have any issues with anything. I'm just not drinking the kool-aid. You're making it seem like UTEP has never beaten other schools for recruits. UTEP has always obtained recruits that other schools wanted. I'm just not a cheerleader and jump up and down that a player decided to come to UTEP vs. a school that went 9-4.

I am neutral to any recruits. I'll be happy when UTEP wins a bowl game. I don't have any issues with anything. I'm just not drinking the kool-aid. You're making it seem like UTEP has never beaten other schools for recruits. UTEP has always obtained recruits that other schools wanted. I'm just not a cheerleader and jump up and down that a player decided to come to UTEP vs. a school that went 9-4.
I am a cheerleader when UTEP coaches put for the effort to beat out SEC/ACC/B12 schools. We should be competing with Mountain West/AAC schools with the occasional steal from power conferences.

I honestly cannot remember the last time we beat out an SEC school for a non transfer though

This thread has obviously turned into another turd circus with the village idiot. Too bad.

Not at all. You're just a pussy who can't handle opposing viewpoints. It's nice to talk to others who share opposing viewpoints. If we all thought the same it would be very boring.

Not at all. You're just a pussy who can't handle opposing viewpoints. It's nice to talk to others who share opposing viewpoints. If we all thought the same it would be very boring.
EPUTEP your constant arguing is boring. You sometimes have good points, but beat all disagreements to a slooooow death.

EPUTEP your constant arguing is boring. You sometimes have good points, but beat all disagreements to a slooooow death.

Thanks? lol

The funny thing is that I'm not "arguing". Just having a friendly discussion between Miner fans. Unfortunately, some people act immature when people disagree with them.

Remember Penny Baker, who was at Baylor and TCU. Me either. Like I said, prior schools have nothing to do with future success.

WR Penny Baker (5-foot-10, TCU)

A short, speedy slot receiver. That's how you can describe incoming TCU transfer Penny Baker, who has already impressed members of the football team at practice. He put together a 1,000+ receiving campaign and totaled 14 touchdowns during his senior season at Austin Westlake. His squad made a deep run into the playoffs and they were ranked No. 18 in Texas. After enrolling, then transferring from Baylor, and due to the lack of playing time at TCU, the speedy wideout landed at UTEP.

im curious what makes california the epicenter of football candidates? Alabama has 6 kids from Cali on their entire roster made up mostly from TX, FL, AL. -- honest question: what makes you think California is where all the talent is?

im curious what makes california the epicenter of football candidates? Alabama has 6 kids from Cali on their entire roster made up mostly from TX, FL, AL. -- honest question: what makes you think California is where all the talent is?

Couple things. El Paso is as Close to California as it is to Houston.

Also, Everyone recruits Texas. The thought from Past Coaches is we cannot compete with OU, OSU, LSU, TCU, SMU, TT, UH, A&M, UT, Baylor, etc.....on top of all the other out of state schools poaching Texas.

There is alot of competition for Texas kids

I think you will see better texas kids than before -- also landing that kid from NM was a BIG win for us
There’s plenty of talent in Texas and I’m glad this UTEP staff is not afraid to go after these kids. California also has some great talent. There will be some rival coaches out there who will spread negative rumors about El Paso, but with the internet those false rumors can be disproven.

All the best players from California usually go to USC,UCLA, and Oregon. Alabama doesn't need to recruit California.

CSW has shown Miner admin how to recruit. For future considerations, recruiting should NOT just be left up to the will and ability of coaches to excite and sign quality players. The University should implement programs to get potential Miners excited about coming to UTEP regardless of who our coaches are.

Hiring young energetic coaches is a plus for sure. But how many of those are there in college football? Succession planning should include a procedure for recruiting high caliber athletes by hiring coaches best suited for that aspect of the coaching challenge but also by cultivating an environment conducive to recruiting.

Wow... 🤨🤨🤨 Looking at Dimel and Kugler??
Dimel didn’t like recruits posting they had UTEP offers (or something like that?) while also using JUCOs to fill the other holes.

And, well, you remember Kugler’s roster building.

But that’s the old school way of recruiting. Dimel said it too, school would see who he was offering at the Juco level and offer them because it made their job easier. Instead he should have walked into the 21st century and embraced social media. Look at Walden, he’s posing for photos with recruits, and all of that. If he were a car salesman he’d be the guy in the commercial making a fool out of himself for that commission which is what you have to do.

Last edited:
Well, that answers one question.

meryl-streep-overrated.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT