ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs TAMU-CC predictions

Horrible way to end the first half. The Miners have to start making their shots and take better care of the ball.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Third game in a row where our many weaknesses are being exposed.
Golding mentioned before this game that the good teams they played "exposed" their issues. Now, a not so good team is exposing them at home. It doesn't take a basketball genius to see that they can't shoot, and have no interior inside presence. Those are pretty big flaws to overcome. It's also not a great sign to have two walk ons playing good minutes.

This is a game where you would have expected that we could rest Hardy after the injury, but we need him since we're playing like crap

Reactions: Lil_Train
We got up for the CSB game I think and now reality has hit. Bad shooting team and D1 coaches have watched film and this team is easy to stop. What I really don't like is Powells body language the last 3 games. He pouts a lot. Take over bro, don't be the problem, be the solution!!!

We got up for the CSB game I think and now reality has hit. Bad shooting team and D1 coaches have watched film and this team is easy to stop. What I really don't like is Powells body language the last 3 games. He pouts a lot. Take over bro, don't be the problem, be the solution!!!
Maybe the team still has the sh*ts from California. They definitely don't have the shots.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I agree. If it doesn’t change quickly, it wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t make it through the season.

Is Powell injured? He doesn’t look the same guy who played in the So Cal challenge.

Since we can't shoot opponents are simply playing zone and/or packing the paint. That and just attacking our paint on offense. Win or lose today this team is maybe a .500 team from here on out. Our D has been negated by our inability to score.

We look pretty good when we're able to get out in transition. We look so bad in the half court, especially when we shoot from outside
I said this during the first half of UCSB game. I thought it wasn't going to be huge problem because I thought we had enough guys that could just go get a bucket when we were in a rut.

I also thought the half court defense would be a bigger issue.

Shows you what I know.

Unfortunately true. I think the days of getting Souley Boum type transfers is over (barring a huge improvement in NIL and most likely the right coach).
We also need a coach who can recruit. Golding hasn't proven himself capable of doing that at UTEP. I would love to have a Rodney Terry type assistant coach with the right head coach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT