ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs TAMU-CC predictions

Is Powell injured? He doesn’t look the same guy who played in the So Cal challenge.
Ummm he still looks like the same guy who played in the So Cal Challenge:
Bradley: 2-10 , 8 points
Cal: 3-12, 13 points

He tore it up against those college intramural teams we played at the beginning of the year. Maybe he will go off on Chicago State.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
So no one can get a rebound!?!? And ..... This is why we can't have nice things Sigh 😔 We suck again I guess. I know it's early in the season, but this team went from... I think they can do something in CUSA to we may be lucky to not be towards the last. Really disappointed and sorry I had faith! The team that we saw against UCSB, some and some of Cal looks like they've lost it. Mistakes mix with terrible shooting. This is just sad 😢 Sad, Sad...

Reactions: EPUTEP
Goldings substitution patterns have to be under question. Dos Anjos and Cole are out there when Jones, Terrell and Camper would be way more productive. This team is nowhere talented enough to be paying 11 deep.
We've seen numerous NCAA championship teams go 6-7 deep and win. I dont know what his fascination is with playing everybody and their mother randomly, but I'm afraid that's all he knows.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I couldn't catch Golding's post game. Can someone give brief synopsis of what he had to say?

I couldn't catch Golding's post game. Can someone give brief synopsis of what he had to say?

He talked about the lack of minutes for Jones and mentioned his missed threes and turnovers in the first half. He said Kalu needs to get 20+ minutes. I think most of it was just more coachspeak and having to watch the tape.

Last edited:
Golding disrespected AMCC (or whatever their name is) by giving minutes to players that don't regularly get minutes in the first half. He did not respect his opponents and AMCC made him pay. Golding's lineup decisions were arrogant in the first half. Golding is a veteran coach and should know better than this. Jones might be our best offensive player and was on the bench. This was a pathetic showing against a bad team. I'm pretty sure this was a buy game. The basketball team has no business losing this game; basketball has resources, NIL, everything. Ultimately, this loss is going to mean nothing in this terrible one bid conference, but Golding keeps saying that fans need to show up again. This is not going to happen with these bad loses that keep happening. This loss hurts potential ticket revenue for future games because people are going to see this loss and say, "ohhhh it's the same old UTEP."

AND HOW CAN WE NOT RECRUIT A SHOOTER?

Good night. Go Miners.

Golding disrespected AMCC (or whatever their name is) by giving minutes to players that don't regularly get minutes in the first half. He did not respect his opponents and AMCC made him pay. Golding's lineup decisions were arrogant in the first half. Golding is a veteran coach and should know better than this. Jones might be our best offensive player and was on the bench. This was a pathetic showing against a bad team. I'm pretty sure this was a buy game. The basketball team has no business losing this game; basketball has resources, NIL, everything. Ultimately, this loss is going to mean nothing in this terrible one bid conference, but Golding keeps saying that fans need to show up again. This is not going to happen with these bad loses that keep happening. This loss hurts potential ticket revenue for future games because people are going to see this loss and say, "ohhhh it's the same old UTEP."

AND HOW CAN WE NOT RECRUIT A SHOOTER?

Good night. Go Miners.
100 % Agree on all of this. Cole and the EP Kid shouldn't have been in the game unless we're up by 20 with 3 min to go!

Powell’s body language was shit. Seems like there might be some conflict.

Don’t have a problem with the other kids getting minutes in a 1 bid league meaningless game. But where were Terrell and Jones?
I agree with this completely. And it wasn't just Powell. There was a point in the game where our entire lineup looked lethargic, while aTm CC was playing with energy. Up until now, while Golding's teams have often shot horribly, they've always played with a lot of energy. And there were times when they did last night as well. But there were also plenty of times where the guys looked like they didn't want to be out there. What an embarrassing performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT