ADVERTISEMENT

1st Miner Football Game Predictions

Yeah I don't see that either. Both teams are a out equal. I see it definitely being a one score game.
QB-Even
RB- UTEP
WR- UNT
TE- UNT
OL- UTEP
SP Teams- UNT
DL- UTEP
LB- UNT
Secondary - Even
Home crowd Utep -3 Is how I handicap it
Bellon could be difference maker on special teams

Reactions: utep2step
The Miners will hopefully have a decent home crowd and coupled with starting the season at home should tilt the scales in their favor. BUT with that being said, this is UTEP and 99 out of 100 they shit the bed when the odds are remotely close to being in their favor.

UTEP: 10
UNT: 35

Please prove me wrong UTEP.
What a downer of a post. Utep is expecting a sellout. I’d call that “decent”. I don’t see any actual game analysis in your prediction just goofy lob-sided score

Reactions: nattybry
What a downer of a post. Utep is expecting a sellout. I’d call that “decent”. I don’t see any actual game analysis in your prediction just goofy lob-sided score
It’s not a downer of a post, it’s extremely logical. UTEP has lost every “big game” in football and mens basketball for decades. If UTEP wants to have a good season, they must go 3-0 vs UNT, NMSU, and UNM.

It’s not a downer of a post, it’s extremely logical. UTEP has lost every “big game” in football and mens basketball for decades. If UTEP wants to have a good season, they must go 3-0 vs UNT, NMSU, and UNM.
Oh they will. Dimel has his guys in place finally and we will have crowd support. Those are three wins. Book it!

I predict there will

be sack fumble turnover caused by Praise.

A defensive touchdown

A passing TD caught by Ballard

Reactions: axingfools1
If the pre season reading I've done is correct, this game is gonna be won in the trenches, whoever averages more than 4.0 yards per carry should control the game down the stretch, should be a close game that I've been looking forward to hopefully watching for weeks now.

So much pressure on Dimel to finally win a big game that matters. I think his offense folds on a few drives and the Miners settle for FG's. As good as UTEP can be on defense, proven depth is a big concern for me really on both sides of the ball, that I feel no one is really talking about.

If the Miners pull it off, its because the depth came through and Hardison is able to make plays with his new WR's which could set the tone for the rest of the C-USA schedule.

Toss up game in a lot of ways, but lets be real, UTEP don't win big games they should, hope that changes, perro....

UNT 20
UTEP 16

Reactions: picks up
UD pre game prediction. I respect their mid major analysis because they do actual homework on mid majors. Not just calling up the local sports news person for their POV.

"The main matchup to keep an eye on involves Amaewhule pitted against the new right tackle North Texas breaks in, which is set to be Jett Duncan or Kaci Moreka. If UTEP can expose this matchup, the heralded rushing attack of North Texas may have a viable counter. On the other side of the ball, the potential matchup of Tyrin Smith against John Davis Jr. should draw some eyeballs. UTEP excelled with the deep ball against North Texas last year as Jacob Cowing obtained 174 yards on five receptions, so quarterback Gavin Hardison should test his Smith downfield early and often.

UTEP is more adept at limiting the run than most C-USA opponents, but North Texas still found ways to pick apart some of the conference’s better units last year. If the Mean Green pick up where they left off with the rushing attack, they should sustain the success from last October and November and open Week 0 with a coveted conference victory.

Prediction: North Texas 26, UTEP 17"

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/202...-c-usa-hardison-aune-amaewhule-davis-sun-bowl

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT