ADVERTISEMENT

2 PM start versus UTSA?

Looks like all three games against Texas schools are at 2.

Has it always been like that? Or was it changed maybe for TV?
I don't remember it ever being like that in the '80s. I seem to remember it starting in the early 2000s for the last couple of games of the season. I don't know if it's a mandate from the conferences to protect teams from "cold weather" in the "winter months" but I don't ever remember feeling too cold at UTEP night games in the '80s. If it's a rule from above, it's a stupid rule to impose on the southwest desert city of El Paso.

I don't remember it ever being like that in the '80s. I seem to remember it starting in the early 2000s for the last couple of games of the season. I don't know if it's a mandate from the conferences to protect teams from "cold weather" in the "winter months" but I don't ever remember feeling too cold at UTEP night games in the '80s. If it's a rule from above, it's a stupid rule to impose on the southwest desert city of El Paso.
The bowl clincher vs MTSU game in 14 was super cold. The game we lost vs LT the following year was also super freezing. That was an early game. I remember my then wife not going or taking our kids cuz of the weather. That's as far as my memory goes cuz I left EP in 2016 and didn't attend any games after the Army debacle.

This has been known since the schedule was announced. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at this point

It doesn't help us fix the attendance problem.
Can't hurt. The 7pm starting times hasn't been packing them in. I swear, there are more excuses for not going than Carter has pills.

Game time is too late.
Game time is too early.
I heard it might rain.
Too hot.
Too cold.
Ticket prices are too high.
Tickets are digital.
Tickets are not digital.
Full moon.
Traffic is bad.
Parking is bad.
Tailgating is bad.
Team is bad.
Team is winning but Alabama isn't coming to town.
Uniform colors look red.
Offense is boring.
I have gas.

Can't hurt. The 7pm starting times hasn't been packing them in. I swear, there are more excuses for not going than Carter has pills.

Game time is too late.
Game time is too early.
I heard it might rain.
Too hot.
Too cold.
Ticket prices are too high.
Tickets are digital.
Tickets are not digital.
Full moon.
Traffic is bad.
Parking is bad.
Tailgating is bad.
Team is bad.
Team is winning but Alabama isn't coming to town.
Uniform colors look red.
Offense is boring.
I have gas.

Sounds like NCAAnowins

No it wasn’t. I was there and it wasn’t super cold. High was 73 that day.

I very clearly remember my wife and daughters leaving in the second quarter cuz they were freezing. Of course I stayed and they picked me up after the game. That's cool that it wasn't cold for you.

I very clearly remember my wife and daughters leaving in the second quarter cuz they were freezing. Of course I stayed and they picked me up after the game. That's cool that it wasn't cold for you.
It’s okay to be wrong. I tailgated that day in a short sleeved tshirt and as I provided in the link, high was 73 and the low was 50. Usually the low is not achieved between 5-8pm. You can check out the highlights. It was so cold none of the players or refs were wearing long sleeves and neither were the coaches.

Wife and kids probably went to go spend time with another man or something and just used that as an excuse.

Reactions: Hot For Keitha
It’s okay to be wrong. I tailgated that day in a short sleeved tshirt and as I provided in the link, high was 73 and the low was 50. Usually the low is not achieved between 5-8pm. You can check out the highlights. It was so cold none of the players or refs were wearing long sleeves and neither were the coaches.

Wife and kids probably went to go spend time with another man or something and just used that as an excuse.
Good one man! Maybe it was too cold for toddlers and that's why UTEP moved the starting time to 2pm. I'm glad they're thinking of families.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT