ADVERTISEMENT

2023 CUSA Football Previews

giphy.gif

Good points. I have long thought Hardison possesses the raw physical tools to be a decent QB. What he lacks is a competent coach that can correct his flaws and “coach him up”.
Hardison has played enough games. We know what he is. He’s gonna give you 150-225 yards/game depending on when they abandon the run, a 55% completion percentage and almost a 1:1 TD/Int ratio. There’s been no upward trajectory for this guy and if anything he was worse last year.

Reactions: utep-piggy
It's seems like some of y'all are slowly, but surely developing some uneasy hope in this season lol. It's understandable of course. I've said 6-6 is the absolute floor and 9-10 wins is what this schedule and talent could produce. I obviously don't expect the higher of the 2, because of coaching and inconsistent QB Play. I do however expect 7-5/8-4 kinda year.

Last edited:
Reactions: shyminer81
It's seems like some of y'all are slowly, but surely developing some uneasy hope in this season lol. It's understandable of course. I've said 6-6 is the absolute floor and 9-10 wins is what this schedule and talent could produce. I obviously don't expect the higher of the 2, because of coaching and inconsistent QB Play. I do however expect 7-5/8-3 kinda year.
That would be a fine season, especially if capped with a bowl win.

It's seems like some of y'all are slowly, but surely developing some uneasy hope in this season lol. It's understandable of course. I've said 6-6 is the absolute floor and 9-10 wins is what this schedule and talent could produce. I obviously don't expect the higher of the 2, because of coaching and inconsistent QB Play. I do however expect 7-5/8-4 kinda year.
I love your optimism, but I would be cool with .500. Unless there’s a miraculous turnaround QB play and the coaching will kill us in the end as it always has and it’s infuriating because Dimel has recruited so well at every position except QB, and he’s consistently shooting himself in the foot with his dated offense. Hardison can’t throw with consistency, and he can’t scramble so it’s like we’ve been stuck in offensive purgatory with this guy for years.

Six and six is to be expected. Seven and five would be a pleasant surprise. Eight or more wins would be our wildest dreams. A bowl win would be almost a miracle.

Reactions: jdubb66
I'm still expecting a 2-3 win season because it's utep. And I'd rather expect less and get more. There are things to be confident in with this team (solid run game, maybe good run D). But there are fatal flaws as well (coaching, Hardison, questionable secondary). Dimel beat Boise, but outside of that, hasn't proven he can beat good teams at important parts of the season (November), which has always been a utep issue. We play a lot of strong CUSA teams in the 2nd half of the season. I like the team a lot if the running game kicks butt, allowing utep to control time of possession and keep the ball out of Hardisons hands.

Are we expecting a break out year from Hankins? Can he even break 1000 yards in Dimel's RB by committee offense?

Reactions: TxRdKiller
He wrong bout that one.

Honestly, I think he wrong about UNLV too.

We’ll have our losses, but I don’t think it’s to either of them.
Actually he doesn’t say which teams we lose to. I just made that up. I don’t think he’s far off. I could see our peak at 7-5. 2-2ooc 5-3 in CUSA. Losses to WKU, Liberty, and at least one or two more.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Actually he doesn’t say which teams we lose to. I just made that up. I don’t think he’s far off. I could see our peak at 7-5. 2-2ooc 5-3 in CUSA. Losses to WKU, Liberty, and at least one or two more.
I didn’t even read what he said. I just took what you said as being what he said. I guess I missed the irony.

Bottom line is I don’t think we lose to Jacksonville St. Nor UNLV.

WKU and Liberty I could see.

I didn’t even read what he said. I just took what you said as being what he said. I guess I missed the irony.

Bottom line is I don’t think we lose to Jacksonville St. Nor UNLV.

WKU and Liberty I could see.
The schedule and roster is set up for 9 plus wins. I think Dimel will underachieve again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT