ADVERTISEMENT

According to EA Cade is the starter💥💥💥

I wonder if Cade got paid for this?? I think every player is paid like $600. Does anyone know how much the players are making? I would bet the star players are getting more

I imagine he's the default starter in the game since he was the starter at the end of last season and is returning. I doubt Coach Scotty gave EA the inside scoop...I wouldn't read too much into this.
I was thinking that also, but EA does do their homework. I'm sure they have their own people do some research and investigation. Maybe they did get some inside Intel???

Reactions: kickballpro
I was thinking that also, but EA does do their homework. I'm sure they have their own people do some research and investigation. Maybe they did get some inside Intel???
EA will likely update depth charts as they are released. They update rosters as player transactions happen throughout the season for other games. They will probably update player ratings during the season as well like they do in Madden.

I wonder if Cade got paid for this?? I think every player is paid like $600. Does anyone know how much the players are making? I would bet the star players are getting more
You just answered your own question. They all get $600 plus a copy of the game. EA can’t be paying extra for stars. The cost of the game would be outrageous.

You just answered your own question. They all get $600 plus a copy of the game. EA can’t be paying extra for stars. The cost of the game would be outrageous.
If I'm the players I'm saying $600 is not enough. If they want to use my name I'm gonna want more. How much do the schools get paid?

apples to oranges....

#1 more people play Madden nfl games than college.
#2 If you haven't been paying attention, it doesn't matter what the schools make in relation to what the kids get.

It's kinda like ladies soccer wanting to get paid the same as mens soccer. IT'S NOT THE SAME! Pay in that world is based on viewers and sponsors.
Honestly, I don't get big companies paying buttloads for a kid to play hoops or football for a year or 2. Helen of Troy could have paid Lebron to play here and I still wouldn't buy their products, but I'd go to the games. Maybe we need to change the rules where they write that crap off?

Meh....

EA gave NFL players 33k each, for the Madden game .

So? Do the math. 53 man rosters with 32 teams equals 1,696 players in the NFL. There’s 134 FBS teams with 85 scholarships equals 11,390 players. Plus the cost of the game, plus the cost of the teams.

Madden has professionals. NCAA is mostly “scrub” players.

$600 just seems low. You know they can pay more. 33k compared to $600 is a big difference.

Ok so EA gave NFL $500 million , 5 year deal.

Let's say EA gives NCAA players $200 million 5 year deal. I don't know how they divide that but that's a lot of money. But 200 mil divide it to 11,000 players. It comes up to about 18k per player. The NCAA players are getting robbed. Lol

The reason I ask if Cade got paid, is because his name was in a promotional ad. That's a little bit different. You can clearly see his name in that ad/commercial .

They said $600 plus a copy of the game. Only if you are part of the promotion, then those players will get paid more. The cover athletes got paid more to promote the game.

Reactions: kickballpro
I’m buying it when it comes out but I’ve never been the type to purchase the extra stuff myself

They said $600 plus a copy of the game. Only if you are part of the promotion, then those players will get paid more. The cover athletes got paid more to promote the game.

Well Cade was part of the promotion. If you notice in the clip when handoff to the running back he didn't have a name. But you can see McDonnell.

Jesus Christ, you’re acting like it’s the damn Zapruder film. EA has made notoriously awful games the last 10 plus years. Since they're building this game from the ground up, they’re probably more concerned with cramming every team in, making sure the Ultimate Team mode works so they can get paid, and everything else they’re gonna say “F*ck it, patch it.” I can’t wait to see what awful bugs and glitches are present when the games released. And I can’t wait for a gigantic Day 1 patch. And if you think I’m lying, look at Battlefield 2042 and these last couple of Maddens that were using recycled assets. The last thing they care about are starting lineup, especially when the game releases before the season starts and, ESPECIALLY a trashy Miner team that has a new coach. This isn’t 2003 EA sports. You’re better of asking Chat GPT who’s gonna start.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, you’re acting like it’s the damn Zapruder film. EA has made notoriously awful games the last 10 plus years. Since they're building this game from the ground up, they’re probably more concerned with cramming every team in, making sure the Ultimate Team mode works so they can get paid, and everything else they’re gonna say “F*ck it, patch it.” I can’t wait to see what awful bugs and glitches are present when the games released. And I can’t wait for a gigantic Day 1 patch. And if you think I’m lying, look at Battlefield 2042 and these last couple of Maddens that were using recycled assets. The last thing they care about are starting lineup, especially when the game releases before the season starts and, ESPECIALLY a trashy Miner team that has a new coach. This isn’t 2003 EA sports. You’re better of asking Chat GPT who’s gonna start.

What are you talking about??

Supposedly there isn't a focus on UT and microtransactions. But it is EA. Looking forward to seeing real reviews. A good one to watch is from Bordeaux on YouTube about what he saw so far.

Honestly and I am not the only one I can’t wait for that game to come out… college sports is a 100 times better than pro sports and I’m glad it will be in a game again

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Supposedly there isn't a focus on UT and microtransactions. But it is EA. Looking forward to seeing real reviews. A good one to watch is from Bordeaux on YouTube about what he saw so far.
I’ll believe it when I see it. The ultimate version comes with UT player packs so there will absolutely be a focus on that mode I’m cautiously optimistic about this game because of what they’ve done to Madden and FIFA over the last couple of years.

I’ll believe it when I see it. The ultimate version comes with UT player packs so there will absolutely be a focus on that mode I’m cautiously optimistic about this game because of what they’ve done to Madden and FIFA over the last couple of years.
I'm in the same camp. Plus I'd have to drop $500 to buy the system and then $80 for the game. The reviews would have to be fantastic and it would have to stray away from the EA template.

The features I have read about do sound good though. They hired some of the dudes that worked on the NCAA 14 revamped game.

I'm in the same camp. Plus I'd have to drop $500 to buy the system and then $80 for the game. The reviews would have to be fantastic and it would have to stray away from the EA template.

The features I have read about do sound good though. They hired some of the dudes that worked on the NCAA 14 revamped game.
EA got me with Battlefield 2042. In the lead up to that games release they were saying “This is our love letter to Battlefield” and it was an absolute horror show that’s taken well over a year to make it partly playable. My hope is that EA builds a solid game from the ground up but at the same time this is such a big project that they may be under pressure with the July release date looming.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Just read one of the college football magazines. They also had Cade as projected starter so maybe EA is going off the magazine?? 🧐🧐

Also noticed Walden has 4 starters returning from last season .

Cade
Westmoreland
Odum
And there was a safety I forgot the name.

Magazine has true freshman starting TE Collins.

On a pretty reliable source, Cade will be going into fall as #1 That can change if course, but word is he completely bought in and Walden loves his attitude and work ethic. I'm ok with this if he is the starter. He showed promise down the stretch for UTEP and I love his Fire!

On a pretty reliable source, Cade will be going into fall as #1 That can change if course, but word is he completely bought in and Walden loves his attitude and work ethic. I'm ok with this if he is the starter. He showed promise down the stretch for UTEP and I love his Fire!
He seems to have what it takes between the ears and the accuracy needed in Waldens system. He seems limited on his scrambling ability, but the system can be adjusted for that.

Smart young man, you could see at the spring game he understands what the coaches are trying to do with the offensive. Might not be the most athletic but makes up for it with work ethic and smarts.

I’ve got no issue with that but I think Locklear and maybe even Pickles need to work hard this offseason because it can go to hell real fast. Injuries, bad play… whatever.

I’ve got no issue with that but I think Locklear and maybe even Pickles need to work hard this offseason because it can go to hell real fast. Injuries, bad play… whatever.
Absolutely I'm hoping Locklear is a close 1B and the battle goes down the wire actually!

Absolutely I'm hoping Locklear is a close 1B and the battle goes down the wire actually!
These two play completely different games. Cade showed great flashes of the passing QB he could become during the spring game. But, Skylar showed that he can run the RPO and is mobile enough to make the offense multi-dimensional. These two should see lots of playing time and could possibly complement each other with their varying styles.

These two play completely different games. Cade showed great flashes of the passing QB he could become during the spring game. But, Skylar showed that he can run the RPO and is mobile enough to make the offense multi-dimensional. These two should see lots of playing time and could possibly complement each other with their varying styles.
I agree 💯 I initially didn't think Cade fit this offense, but apparently he's impressed Walden. I'd be ok with a 2 headed approach

If Skylar is not that far from Cade, why not just play the younger QB?

In EA sports lingo,
Let's say

Cade is a rating of 75
Speed at 50
And Skylar is at 70
Speed at 70

If I I was using Utep, I would use Skylar.

Reactions: Paydirt pat
I’d be highly surprised if any UTEP QB is ranked above 70. Boston College, Indiana and ASU are rated in the low 70s. What do you think UTEP, a C-USA school that stunk the place out will be rated? They’ve already said that you’re going to tell the difference in talent between schools and if major conference trash is in the low 70s, what will UTEP be ranked? I’m seriously thinking UTEP as a team could be ranked in the mid to low 60s. It is what it is. They aren’t supposed to have a chance in hell vs major conference teams, and the way you do that is by putting their rating in the dumpster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT