ADVERTISEMENT

According to this NIT Preview, Miners don't stand a chance

While losing is a possibility, I don't see us getting pounded by Murray isn't a State.

I think we win....but I have those damn orange colored glasses on.

UTEP doesn't have a good post season record going back to the early 90's would have been a more solid argument. UTEP would be undefeated in the OVC too. Obviously MSU lives by jacking up the 3 ball a lot (avg. 8 three's per game). They made a living off the three, but you also can die by the three. They have home court so that is a major edge.

Be curious to see how the 30 second shot clock that they are experimenting with will affect us?

The best case scenario on the defensive end is that Washburn is on Cameron Payne for the better part of the game, Morris and Harris are denying Sapp, and just rolling the dice on Williams and Moss with Hunter and Cooper. If we end up having to play defensive whack-a-mole with Washburn because someone other than Payne is lighting it up, it'll be a long night. I don't think we get by with Washburn switching onto Sapp/Moss because I don't think Morris/Harris/Cooper can handle Payne.

these guys aren't chumps. they won 25 in a row and lost the OVC tournament final by one point. granted, the level of competition may be slightly less than ours, but they beat Western Ky and Middle Tenn, two teams we've lost to. given that its on their court, we'll need an outstanding performance from Hunter, Washburn and Lang to survive the evening. the game is very winnable. we need to play like we are playing Arizona. I think it will take that kind of effort.

If they were that good... They would be dancing... They didn't beat anyone. 25 wins in a row is impressive...

Miners wont let them reach their average. If the Miners shut down Payne... I could see a UTEP win. PS, go inside to Lang.

Miners don't stand a chance..............that's why we play the game - Go Miners, show up ready to play, let's do this!!

As inconsistent as the Miners have been, I've had a growing feeling today that UTEP is gonna get the W tonight. I really haven't felt that way leading up to today. I've been iffy at best.

This post was edited on 3/17 5:21 PM by tbleslie

I am convinced that if we score more points than they do...WE
WIN !!!!
It all depends on which Miner team shows up. We have a good team and a bad one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT