ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on BB recruiting or DJ?

UTEP66

MI VIP
Jun 30, 2001
There is some talk we have completed recruiting for basketball. I'm sure we are still recruiting Ward and perhaps others, if not we would've released our final recruiting class. Does anyone know, with exception of DJ's scholarship, how many we will have available assuming Speight comes back? It appears we have four recruits and a scholarship for Kareen Cooper. My assumption, which is certainly not fact based, is the guard who transfered from Marist will likely not receive scholarship.

Any information is appreciated.

I am starting to think we may be done. The reason it has not be released yet is that Ffrench has not signed. he is here this weekend and should sign then. But if you think about it we already have 5 guys. There aren't that many scholarships available. We could very well still be after Ward and others. I don't know. I know the staff really wanted a juco guard. Not sure who they may be after. Hope we get some news soon. By the way, I sent an e-mail to John Erfort at the EP Times yesterday regarding the lack of coverage on recruiting. I have yet to hear back from him.

I was told as of Thursday Stefon had not entered his name in the NBA draft.

I know Barbee was on a recruiting trip last weekend, so I assume they are finalizing that as we speak. Don't expect anything soon. That's my instincts for now.

Chano, Cooper, Moultrie and Jones are signed. The rest depends on a few factors, which you guys are aware of.

Thanks, Carlos for the update. I'm glad to hear Chano has signed his LOI.
This post was edited on 4/25 4:48 PM by UTEP66

He is on campus so either way he plans on playing here. He won't be eligible until the end of the first semester.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT