ADVERTISEMENT

As per MR.com via Kyotte's, two LOI's came in

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001

Some source say Williams of UCF and 7'1" Roman Silva.

Don't shoot the messenger.

@JonRothstein reported that Matt Williams was visiting Wake Forest this weekend..??

Not excited about Silva. Big time project in a win now situation. Hard to believe that Floyd refused to give an offer to Thik Bol, who jumps off the film, and gives one to a guy who won't make an impact until 2 or 3 years from now.

My guess is the LOIs are Chris Barnes and Silva. Barnes would come in as a freshman. I think he is very underrated. He is long, athletic and could develop into a great player. Silva is a true project.

TF obviously waiting on Williams to make decision before going with someone like Ja'Cardo Hawkins who averaged 10 boards a game this past year in JC.

My guess is the LOIs are Chris Barnes and Silva. Barnes would come in as a freshman. I think he is very underrated. He is long, athletic and could develop into a great player. Silva is a true project.

TF obviously waiting on Williams to make decision before going with someone like Ja'Cardo Hawkins who averaged 10 boards a game this past year in JC.

Floyd has traditionally liked to announce all signees at once. So it appears that he may sign more.

Also, it might be a longshot, but CJ Cooper's cousin, Eric Cooper Jr., is leaving Nevada. I think he might be available immediately. He is a shooting guard as well but has already played 2 years.

Barnes' AAU coach mentioned on Twitter on Tuesday that he was still unsigned; he followed up today and mentioned Barnes' team would be in Vegas this weekend for a tournament. No mention of him signing, so if there were any LOIs sent in, I doubt Barnes was one of them. With Matt Williams visiting Wake Forest this weekend, he definitely didn't send in a LOI. With most of the D1 transfers coming in for visits late, it may be a while before we hear anything.

He is now 6'6" guard/forward. Looks like a man. Had salty stats at Ranger for Billy G. 15 PPG, shot lights out from the field and the line. Rebounded well. I want him.

o9v0gq2upsr4pyiy.jpg

Reactions: develman
U
He is now 6'6" guard/forward. Looks like a man. Had salty stats at Ranger for Billy G. 15 PPG, shot lights out from the field and the line. Rebounded well. I want him.

o9v0gq2upsr4pyiy.jpg

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the kid still has 3 years of eligibility.

Reactions: miner661
I heard it was Williams and Silva BUT then one goes on an official visit to another school and the other says he is waiting until May for a better offer??o_O

o9v0gq2upsr4pyiy.jpg
Does he have a first name? Last name only doesn't reveal anything on Google.

Did utep get a LOI from Kobe Mcgee or is just a verbal. I just saw his latest video on youtube and wow. The kid is fast, he has like boost button when he has the ball. He also has good handles. Hope Utep can hold onto him .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT