ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of I-10 Predictions

I will admit I liked Martin and think Kill is over rated but "it's what have you done for me lately?" in FBS.

Martin's record at NMSU was 25-74 and his overall head coaching record was 54-127.

Kill's record at NMSU is currently 11-9 and his overall head coaching record is 169-113.

You liked Martin, but a coach with a better winning percentage is overrated? 🧐

SHSU have given most they can handle. They played BYU tough.

NMSU got into a bowl through the back door but it's what you do with opportunity and they won. Dimel has had opportunity handed to him and blows it. Two years he just had to beat UNT to get a bowl invite during Covid and he blew it. He should have been fired but Senter is Senter and he said UTEP had no money to buy out his contract a few months later.

And if UTEP wins tonight? Not good for Coach Kill because no guarantee's against MTSU and La Tech and no way in hell they win the last three. I will admit I liked Martin and think Kill is over rated but "it's what have you done for me lately?" in FBS.

But F Kill and F NMSU. If Dimel wins tonight will this change anything with Dimel's tenure because we know Senter will look for any excuse to keep him.
I mean going into Lynchburg and beating the dog shit out of an 8 win Liberty isn’t exactly going in the back door. All we had to do last season to make a bowl was either beat a 2 win unm or a 3 win 1st year HC, LT. That 2020 season you speak of, a win over a 2 win Charlotte team also does the job.

Yeah Kill and NMSU are supposed to lose on the road to a coach that has had four more years to rebuild the program. Beating NMSU does nothing to ensure Dimel’s job. He still has to win 3 out of the last four to be at the ultimate goal of 50/50. Not gonna happen.

I have more faith that NMSU goes bowling than I do they blow it or we go on a miracle run.

The difference in this one, NMSU has developed a decent QB who knows how to win, and has depth on defense rather than just two good players.

Really hope NMSU smacks UTEP around, tired of Dimel and watching his teams at UTEP.

A big NMSU win should seal Dimel’s fate, if UTEP gets blown out, he should be canned on Thursday but Senter wont do it.

NMSU 28
UTEP 10

Thinking of taking NMSU -3 and the under 🤔

The difference in this one, NMSU has developed a decent QB who knows how to win, and has depth on defense rather than just two good players.

Really hope NMSU smacks UTEP around, tired of Dimel and watching his teams at UTEP.

A big NMSU win should seal Dimel’s fate, if UTEP gets blown out, he should be canned on Thursday but Senter wont do it.

NMSU 28
UTEP 10

I’d take that like all day. As exciting as that QB was last week, Dimel went back to his roots and yanked the E-Brake in the second half. I think he does the same this week.

UTEP - 13
NMSU - 31

I’d take that like all day. As exciting as that QB was last week, Dimel went back to his roots and yanked the E-Brake in the second half. I think he does the same this week.

UTEP - 13
NMSU - 31
Exactly, I feel like Dimel almost destroys his QBs confidence, without even trying... As good as the offense looked for those 3 Td's they looked pretty sub par the rest of the way.

NMSU 28
UTEP 10

Pavia is a warrior no doubt. The UTEP front d will have their hands full again tonight.

The “right here, right now” moment is all NMSU with Kill. I expect Pavia to tap into his inner Mahommes tonight to keep their bowl aspirations alive with their only other hopes against MTSU & LT. I also expect UTEP front D line to be harassing Pavia but the LB’s will need to support with crisp tackling. Broken tackles = Pavia scoring = a long night.

What UTEP fans are not aware of is player support for Dimel; they like him. No matter if we on here love or hate him this is same circumstances as Kugler; players love their coach, fans not so much. I expect UTEP players to make mistakes but greater effort tonight and the next few games. If Hardison comes back, it’s not going to happen. If McConnell delivers a win tonight, Dimel is in a pickle.

As I predicted earlier, this game will be Fugly.

Reactions: shyminer81
Since, @nattybry owes me a mortgage payment, i'll settle for my quarterly HOA... Since it was only 21 pts. lol

The crowd didn't look bad at all, on a Wednesday night for a 2 win team, NMSU helped... Still, some of these midweek games look bad on TV.
Lol, thankfully I don't owe you anything, because Kill called off the dogs once they went up 28-7. So I'll probably send him a care package haha 😅 El Paso, came out to support again only to be disappointed. Dimel is a joke!

• Haha
Reactions: shyminer81
Lol, thankfully I don't owe you anything, because Kill called off the dogs once they went up 28-7. So I'll probably send him a care package haha 😅 El Paso, came out to support again only to be disappointed. Dimel is a joke!
Actually the joke is on El Paso. Senter won last night. Got almost 20k dummies to see his 2-6 football team and loser coach.

Pavia is a warrior no doubt. The UTEP front d will have their hands full again tonight.

The “right here, right now” moment is all NMSU with Kill. I expect Pavia to tap into his inner Mahommes tonight to keep their bowl aspirations alive with their only other hopes against MTSU & LT. I also expect UTEP front D line to be harassing Pavia but the LB’s will need to support with crisp tackling. Broken tackles = Pavia scoring = a long night.

What UTEP fans are not aware of is player support for Dimel; they like him. No matter if we on here love or hate him this is same circumstances as Kugler; players love their coach, fans not so much. I expect UTEP players to make mistakes but greater effort tonight and the next few games. If Hardison comes back, it’s not going to happen. If McConnell delivers a win tonight, Dimel is in a pickle.

As I predicted earlier, this game will be Fugly.
Of course they like him. They’re no accountability for their poor play or them being undisciplined. Also u can try out for another team and if you don’t make it ur spot is saved.

19727. Not bad.
It really is pretty good considering everything. I was dead wrong on the bad attendance prediction and am here to take my medicine.

Hopefully, our coaching candidates will see these numbers and feel encouraged knowing if they do their job El Paso will show up. This city is starving for a winning team. We're still somehow getting butts in the seats and are probably leading the conference in attendance (I'm too lazy to confirm). I really hope the next coach can give us what we've been wanting for so long. The Sun Bowl is a beautiful place when it's rockin'. The "El Paso is hard to win at" excuse is unacceptable now. NMSU is a harder place to win at than El Paso and they are 5-3.

It really is pretty good considering everything. I was dead wrong on the bad attendance prediction and am here to take my medicine.

Hopefully, our coaching candidates will see these numbers and feel encouraged knowing if they do their job El Paso will show up. This city is starving for a winning team. We're still somehow getting butts in the seats and are probably leading the conference in attendance (I'm too lazy to confirm). I really hope the next coach can give us what we've been wanting for so long. The Sun Bowl is a beautiful place when it's rockin'. The "El Paso is hard to win at" excuse is unacceptable now. NMSU is a harder place to win at than El Paso and they are 5-3.
Yes, leading in attendance, with Jax State right behind, i'm sure that will change... Still, probably end up 2nd or 3rd. Not bad given, the record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT