ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of I-10 Predictions

I think NMSU has the better coach and probably the better team. But it is a rivalry game and it is at home, so I have some hope.

Reactions: utep2step
Since Hardison is not playing I will throw out a prediction. I still think Utep only wins 3 games this year. I don't see the full turn around miracle and 6 games happening. However if by some grace of the Gods of Mines and Metallurgy it does I wouldn't be mad as long as this is Dimel's last year or a completely new offense is brought in. NMSU has a better offense and competent Defense and Utep won't be able to keep up.

NMSU Saggies 34
Utep 24

I think I saw that we are 2.5 point underdogs at home.

My only prediction is that it will be the lowest attended Battle of I-10 in history.

Don't lose this one Dimel. Go Miners.
Definitely will be the lowest attended in recent history. There might be a time they played in a snowstorm in the 30s or something, but it would be interesting to know what that number is.

Definitely will be the lowest attended in recent history. There might be a time they played in a snowstorm in the 30s or something, but it would be interesting to know what that number is.
I don't know the heartbeat of the city rn, but even after win against FIU, do you think El Paso turns out over 15,000 for this mid week game?

We'll have lots of Crucens show up I think. I'm thinking 20-25K in the stands for the rivalry game.

Reactions: utep-piggy
We'll have lots of Crucens show up I think. I'm thinking 20-25K in the stands for the rivalry game.
No chance. If they announce that number, it won’t even be close to that many. It will look like the LaTech crowd.

If you’re coming from Las Cruces, better leave at 4pm or before and spend time around the area before kickoff. Traffic is going to suck big time. It’s not like NMSU is having a great year either.

look for a loud crowd of around 20K urging the Mighty Miners to a 31 to 21 victory..
Look for the run game to have over 200 rushing yds...
This game will be a barn burner.. get there early and start the party...

No chance. If they announce that number, it won’t even be close to that many. It will look like the LaTech crowd.

If you’re coming from Las Cruces, better leave at 4pm or before and spend time around the area before kickoff. Traffic is going to suck big time. It’s not like NMSU is having a great year either.
Aren't there several Aggie alumni who live in El Paso? And the Aggies have a winning record right now. Why wouldn't the El Paso Aggies show up to support their team in a likely rivalry victory?

UTEP - 31
nmsu - 30

UTEP has the better athletes but nmsu the better coach. Close win for the Miners.

Aren't there several Aggie alumni who live in El Paso? And the Aggies have a winning record right now. Why wouldn't the El Paso Aggies show up to support their team in a likely rivalry victory?
Wednesday night. If you have “kids”, it’s a school night, the first week coming back from a two week inter session break. Traffic is much worse than it is on a Saturday night.

Game is on ESPN2. Not ESPN+ or CBSSN.

Reactions: NeptunianEmp
Neither team is good; however, NMSU is the Pavia show and UTEP's McConnell can "throw dime's" and it's "rivalry week".....whoopie!!. Other than that it's going to be an ugly game.

UTEP 12
NMSU 15

Neither team is good; however, NMSU is the Pavia show and UTEP's McConnell can "throw dime's" and it's "rivalry week".....whoopie!!. Other than that it's going to be an ugly game.

UTEP 12
NMSU 15
Well, one team has gone 11-5 after their first year HC had a rough start. While the team with a 6th year HC is 6-9 in the same stretch. Looks to me like one team is better than the other.

Well, one team has gone 11-5 after their first year HC had a rough start. While the team with a 6th year HC is 6-9 in the same stretch. Looks to me like one team is better than the other.
Pavia leads rushing and passing stats for NMSU. They beat underperformers, which Dimel can't even do.

In other words, NMSU beats who they should beat, and lose the games they are expected to lose.

Reactions: NeptunianEmp
The NMSU secondary is inexperienced and they give up big plays. They have been rogressively getting better all year though. The D Line is good. The offense is inconsistent from one half to another. UTEP will need to go after pavia hard and hope to contain him. The receivers have been dropping a lot of easy catches. The Aggie D will want to put pressure on an inexperienced QB. I’ll put this up to be a high scoring game.
NMSU 38
UTEP 31.

In other words, NMSU beats who they should beat, and lose the games they are expected to lose.
Not too shabby for a second year HC that won a bowl game in year 1, and on pace to make a bowl game this year. We are in year 6 with our HC and we are still losing games against teams we should beat and losing games we are expected to lose.

Last edited:
I think I saw that we are 2.5 point underdogs at home.

My only prediction is that it will be the lowest attended Battle of I-10 in history.

Don't lose this one Dimel. Go Miners.
Current line: NMSU -3/ o48.5
Opening Line: UTEP -2.5/ o48.5
Prediction:
NMSU 28
UTEP 24
Attendance: 18,465

We're playing USC or Oregon? My bad thought we were playing NMSU lol 😅
You’ll see. Zero faith in Dimel and NMSU will go for blood. Attendance going 14k, tickets online look better than last home game. Dimel will play call them out of this game, and special teams will do their thang. Hope I’m wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT