ADVERTISEMENT

Big Things Coming

Alright, here it is. The project has a secret codename, as well. I've heard through my sources. This is what UTEP has plan, a 50 million dollar plus project. This might not be everything, but this my sources can confirm.

UTEP is going to do an addition to LKD, make more offices for coaches and athletics, move the weight room to the bottom floor, add women's locker room to LKD, turn the current weight room into a event space, make a welcome/alumni center next to the LKD, straighten out Glory Road, most likely demolish the Brumbelow building, make the north side sun bowl entrance a more pedestrian friendly.

Edit: If I don't post for awhile, then UTEP got me.

Last edited:
Alright, here it is. The project has a secret codename, as well. I've heard through my sources. This is what UTEP has plan, a 50 million dollar plus project. This might not be everything, but this my sources can confirm.

UTEP is going to do an addition to LKD, make more offices for coaches and athletics, move the weight room to the bottom floor, add women's locker room to LKD, turn the current weight room into a event space, make a welcome/alumni center next to the LKD, straighten out Glory Road, most likely demolish the Brumbelow building, make the north side sun bowl entrance a more pedestrian friendly.
So nothing for football? Kind of a bummer, but understandable.

Reactions: utep-piggy

We finally broke you man, thanks lol

Not going to happen, so quit asking

But you said they didn't tell you everything. So how can you know??
I will stick with my guess. Here hoping it's a mens baseball team. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼👍👍👍⚾️⚾️⚾️

i dont care what you guys say. Im going with its a baseball team and that Mountain Star is going to sponsor it.

I am sure if they're spending that kind of cash that a new locker room is coming with a weight room.

Also assuming that the weight room views are too nice to not be generating revenue.

The Brumbalow building location, if razed, has the space to be the home of Beach Volleyball.

I am sure if they're spending that kind of cash that a new locker room is coming with a weight room.

Also assuming that the weight room views are too nice to not be generating revenue.

The Brumbalow building location, if razed, has the space to be the home of Beach Volleyball.
Can always use the beach volleyball courts in the rec center

Honestly, nothing about this project changes anything about our current conf situation, or adds much value to our name under the ever evolving college landscape. I don't really see how this will meaningfully improve recruiting either, unless I'm just not seeing the bigger picture here....

Honestly, nothing about this project changes anything about our current conf situation, or adds much value to our name under the ever evolving college landscape. I don't really see how this will meaningfully improve recruiting either, unless I'm just not seeing the bigger picture here....
It's essentially paying to put a new roof on a house that has a crumbling foundation.

Reactions: kickballpro
It's essentially paying to put a new roof on a house that has a crumbling foundation.
Im curious to know why they would want to straighten Glory Road. There has to be more to this because what does that accomplish? Depending on what they’re trying to do, they would lose the practice field and the buildings north of it.

Reactions: kickballpro
.......throngs of teenage boys? From what I've seen on TV of the sport, I'm sure you will get some old men as well. (for the sport of course)

Im curious to know why they would want to straighten Glory Road. There has to be more to this because what does that accomplish? Depending on what they’re trying to do, they would lose the practice field and the buildings north of it.
I can't even fathom the vision with these upgrades. It's minimal ROI. Especially, when you consider there are other areas that could be far more impactful to a healthy athletic department.

I can't even fathom the vision with these upgrades. It's minimal ROI. Especially, when you consider there are other areas that could be far more impactful to a healthy athletic department.
Agree, but let's wait and see after the announcement.

Reactions: Taco1977
They are probably cutting into the parking area to widen the Football practice field, maybe for a future indoor practice facility?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT