ADVERTISEMENT

Big Things Coming

Honestly, nothing about this project changes anything about our current conf situation, or adds much value to our name under the ever evolving college landscape. I don't really see how this will meaningfully improve recruiting either, unless I'm just not seeing the bigger picture here....
I did mention that the project expected budget is pretty big. So, things could be added to the list I put out, but it is a project athletics has been looking to do for awhile. I think it is to help our athletes out a bit more and give UTEP a more a nice feature with the alumni center and event space overlooking the Sun Bowl.

Alright, here it is. The project has a secret codename, as well. I've heard through my sources. This is what UTEP has plan, a 50 million dollar plus project. This might not be everything, but this my sources can confirm.

UTEP is going to do an addition to LKD, make more offices for coaches and athletics, move the weight room to the bottom floor, add women's locker room to LKD, turn the current weight room into a event space, make a welcome/alumni center next to the LKD, straighten out Glory Road, most likely demolish the Brumbelow building, make the north side sun bowl entrance a more pedestrian friendly.

Edit: If I don't post for awhile, then UTEP got me.

This is the alternative to the pipe dream project that they were trying to get funding and donations for in 2020. That project involved building a 4 story addition to the empty endzone that included new locker rooms, event space, and a bunch of BMD suites.

Last edited:
This is the alternative to the pipe dream project that they were trying to get funding and donations for in 2020. That project involved building a 4 story addition to the empty endzone that included new locker rooms, event space, and a bunch of BMD suites.
Did this pipe dream project have a secret project name too?

Big Things Coming...to El Paso?
CoolTautHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

As opposed to true rumors? Why are they called rumors? Can't it go either way?

But he was all certain that it was going to happened . Got all our hopes up for nothing. Thats why he loses his privileges to post rumors.

But he was all certain that it was going to happened . Got all our hopes up for nothing. Thats why he loses his privileges to post rumors.
Everything I said I heard from close people within UTEP, that are trying to get this project done and weren't close at that time to announce it. They originally said summer of 2022 for a announcement, so if it isn't announced by then I was wrong. There is a plan for something dealing with the North Side of the Sun Bowl.

Everything I said I heard from close people within UTEP, that are trying to get this project done and weren't close at that time to announce it. They originally said summer of 2022 for a announcement, so if it isn't announced by then I was wrong. There is a plan for something dealing with the North Side of the Sun Bowl.

Well what was the big plan then?? If its not happening you can tell us.

Well what was the big plan then?? If its not happening you can tell us.
Well if you knew how to read a thread. I posted what the project is about.

Alright, here it is. The project has a secret codename, as well. I've heard through my sources. This is what UTEP has plan, a 50 million dollar plus project. This might not be everything, but this my sources can confirm.

UTEP is going to do an addition to LKD, make more offices for coaches and athletics, move the weight room to the bottom floor, add women's locker room to LKD, turn the current weight room into a event space, make a welcome/alumni center next to the LKD, straighten out Glory Road, most likely demolish the Brumbelow building, make the north side sun bowl entrance a more pedestrian friendly.

Well if you knew how to read a thread. I posted what the project is about.

What's the secret code name??

You probably ruined the whole project by telling us. Good job.👍👍👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT