ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Knight is a Tim Floyd shill

Yesterdays planned attack on Steve was an epic failure by Floyd and the athletic department. Not only did Floyd look classless for attacking Kappy the way he did, he looked even more classless attacking McSwiggin, Jones, and Romine. His comments about how Jones averaged 1.3 points and Romine averaged .9 points and its not like they are breaking up the 27 Yankees was ridiculous. That video is going to be used against us in the recruiting process if UTEP and another school are going after the same player. Floyd's off the court meltdowns are getting old and embarrassing and happen way too much.

The Times was told YEARS ago...you write a negative story, you lose press credentials. Besides, Bill was on staff when UTEP last won a bowl game. He doesn't want to get fired now.

Yesterdays planned attack on Steve was an epic failure by Floyd and the athletic department. Not only did Floyd look classless for attacking Kappy the way he did, he looked even more classless attacking McSwiggin, Jones, and Romine. His comments about how Jones averaged 1.3 points and Romine averaged .9 points and its not like they are breaking up the 27 Yankees was ridiculous. That video is going to be used against us in the recruiting process if UTEP and another school are going after the same player. Floyd's off the court meltdowns are getting old and embarrassing and happen way too much.

I don't understand Floyds argument that UTEP lost 3 guys who didn't produce for them last year. Yes they didn't get much playing time which I contribute it to them being true freshmen and one just not eligible. I'm pretty such there's a transition from HS to D1 level. But these 3 players got to practice and get coached up for a year at this level so you would hope they would contribute this season which is not the case since they decided to transfer. Then to say Broderick went to 3 different HS so for him to leave UTEP not a surprise, then why recruit this type of player. Hope CTF understands the fans want a NCAA tournament berth and if it doesn't happen season is a failure.

GO MINERS!

Bob Nitzburg is also a Tim Floyd shill.

He just lectured Kappy on his "Miner Minute" radio segment for using message board chatter as a source, and for making himself (the reporter) the story.

Shhh!!! What's that sound?

It's Floyd's balls slapping on Knight and Nitzburg's asses.

""I think Tim was just a little frustrated about some comments on talk radio," UTEP athletic director Bob Stull said. "Actually, neither Tim nor I are able to listen to the show because it's on between 4 and 6 in the afternoon and I'm working and so is Tim. But people have called Tim and he was a little frustrated with the tone of the talk radio. Tim wanted to set straight what is happening in college basketball and why do so many people leave. This is the norm now in college basketball.""

Oh sweet jeezus Bob! You're toes cringed up with delight every damn minute of Floyd's attack.

That was a complete and weak set up by Stull and Floyd. Embarrassing for the entire program. Really Stull? If UTEP put someone other than a low cost new Communication graduate in charge of its PR & Marketing we might be in a different situation. In large part this is a result of UTEP's internal culture of not rocking the boat and "yes" men inside UTEP (I'll be curious to see if they let Kap do the UTEP Women's games next year inside their petty culture of retribution and mediocrity).

Have to look at Stull's complete incompetence when it comes to managing Conference affiliation and incompetence in the face of change Good Lord! We've seen Tulsa, Houston, SMU Marshall, and even Tulane blow past us into the AAC after being left by the entire MWC years ago. UTEP has been completely incompetent in the Conference transition and Floyd is so frustrated at his inability to win in one of the weakest conferences that he takes it out on a local radio show host in an effort to suppress any future dissent. Yeah, show em who's boss Floyd. Pathetic, like UTEP's insular and incompetent organizational culture. I've been a UTEP supporter since the 90s but I'm so sick of 6 years of excuses. Damn, I can't wait for a new UTEP era...

I am just curious what's going on inside UTEP's P.R. Department. If a rumor is bullshit, say it's bullshit. If you've got no comment just say, "no comment". I don't see what's so hard about that. Isn't that what they're paid to do?
Everyone from Stull down need to get with the times. They want to run this program like it's North Korea, just feeding us bits of info about how great it is to be a Miner. But when you have your players announcing on Twitter their intent to transfer and you have message boards, forums where fans can talk about every bit of info/rumor it just proves how impossible it is to control the flow of information. Yeah, UTEP can control The Times, and TV stations but you know what I'm sure most of us don't get our UTEP news from them for that reason. They add nothing to the discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT