ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Snyder is retiring

Per Jake Trotter: Five names to watch in the K-State coaching search: North Texas coach Seth Littrell, Memphis coach Mike Norvell, Troy coach Neal Brown, Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, North Dakota State coach Chris Klieman

I don't know that Dimel would even be interested in going back. I "think" there was some hard feelings..
He still has a lot of work to do here, regardless...

Reactions: HeWore62
If their first 500 candidates turn them down they may consider Dimel. Otherwise we have have the only ad in the country who wanted Dimel.

Reactions: HoneyBoy95
I want to bet it will be oregon dc leavitt... That was one thing in his contract... he could pursue the kansas state job without having a buyout i believe... just whether kansas state wants him? he has done wonders for oregons defense would hate to lose him!

Dont get me wrong I hope like hell Dimel succeeds. However, when the experienced coach has a worst track record than Kugler go with the up and coming assistant.
Well, it appears to me (for quite some time now) that you have never been in favor of the Dimel hire. You've basically attacked everything about him and his program. While I don't pretend to be an AD (unlike you) I honestly think Senter knows how to hire a head football coach a buttload better than you or I do. I wouldn't have chosen him either, as I preferred a young up and coming assistant. We don't make the choices and given the train wreck that was left, how many qualified assistants were really interested? You don't KNOW if any were. Dimel WANTS TO BE HERE. He has run a program before and has won. Don't dwell on the bad final season in Houston. He got good players to go there as shown by the following season. (Maybe he would have won if they kept him?)
Get off his ass, bro. He's our coach for at least 2 more years. Support him and the assistants. I will bet you a beer and a shot that if he doesn't get it fixed, Senter won't wait 6 years to fire his butt and we can try again...

Well, it appears to me (for quite some time now) that you have never been in favor of the Dimel hire. You've basically attacked everything about him and his program. While I don't pretend to be an AD (unlike you) I honestly think Senter knows how to hire a head football coach a buttload better than you or I do. I wouldn't have chosen him either, as I preferred a young up and coming assistant. We don't make the choices and given the train wreck that was left, how many qualified assistants were really interested? You don't KNOW if any were. Dimel WANTS TO BE HERE. He has run a program before and has won. Don't dwell on the bad final season in Houston. He got good players to go there as shown by the following season. (Maybe he would have won if they kept him?)
Get off his ass, bro. He's our coach for at least 2 more years. Support him and the assistants. I will bet you a beer and a shot that if he doesn't get it fixed, Senter won't wait 6 years to fire his butt and we can try again...

Dimel was successful 20 years ago at Wyoming,not recently. How many coaches stay out of Head Coaching for 15 years? We’re led to believe that was 100% voluntary? Yeah right!

The game evolves and no coach that takes 15 years off of head coaching is going to come in and be successful. He won 1 game and you can blame Kugler all you want, but he was the one calling plays and yo-yoing the QBs.

Look at the attendance, no one gives a shit. A young, up and coming assistant would have brought some energy and hope into the program. UTEP got some re-tread who nobody else wanted and we’re supposed to blindly support this program again and again?

Losing to NAU and NMSU at home is embarrassing. CUSA is a shit league and UTEP constantly finishes at the bottom.

Look I'm in favor of whatever it takes to make UTEP consistent winner in football. That's the only way we move this athletic department forward. I hope Dim er l wins the alternative is not good. If he doesn't the alternative is not good. Trust me I spend I spend a lot of money supporting the program and going to games I dont want to see them lose. At the same time I acknowledge that the Dimel hore was completely out of left field. If it doesnt work it should cost Senter his job. I do t care who coaches the team I'm still going to support them I just want want people held accountable and us to raise our standards.

Dimel was successful 20 years ago at Wyoming,not recently. How many coaches stay out of Head Coaching for 15 years? We’re led to believe that was 100% voluntary? Yeah right!

The game evolves and no coach that takes 15 years off of head coaching is going to come in and be successful. He won 1 game and you can blame Kugler all you want, but he was the one calling plays and yo-yoing the QBs.

Look at the attendance, no one gives a shit. A young, up and coming assistant would have brought some energy and hope into the program. UTEP got some re-tread who nobody else wanted and we’re supposed to blindly support this program again and again?

Losing to NAU and NMSU at home is embarrassing. CUSA is a shit league and UTEP constantly finishes at the bottom.

No one gives a shit what you think.

There is no way one bad football hire should cost senter his job..... I think he hit a home run with terry!!

Aggienation is back

Reactions: Cube Jack
There is no way one bad football hire should cost senter his job..... I think he hit a home run with terry!!
It's not a bad hire, until it's been at least 3-4 losing seasons. The man can't be judged yet. If next year we have 3-5 wins it's even improvement from where Kugler left this program. The following year, in year 3 the hope is a bowl.

Reactions: HeWore62
Look I'm in favor of whatever it takes to make UTEP consistent winner in football. That's the only way we move this athletic department forward. I hope Dim er l wins the alternative is not good. If he doesn't the alternative is not good. Trust me I spend I spend a lot of money supporting the program and going to games I dont want to see them lose. At the same time I acknowledge that the Dimel hore was completely out of left field. If it doesnt work it should cost Senter his job. I do t care who coaches the team I'm still going to support them I just want want people held accountable and us to raise our standards.

Dumbest thing you've ever said. It's up there with my idiotic drunk posts. Should every AD be fired when a football coach doesn't work out? OMG......

Dumbest thing you've ever said. It's up there with my idiotic drunk posts. Should every AD be fired when a football coach doesn't work out? OMG......

Yes football is the most important sport for any FBS school. If you make a bad hire it should and almost always does cost you your job.

It's not a bad hire, until it's been at least 3-4 losing seasons. The man can't be judged yet. If next year we have 3-5 wins it's even improvement from where Kugler left this program. The following year, in year 3 the hope is a bowl.
Agree that Dimel has to show improvement in year 2 and again in year 3. I agree with whoever said Senter will not keep Dimel after 3 bad years. Improve or be gone.

I do blame the coaching staff for not having the team prepared to beat NAU to start the season. That loss by 20 at home to an FCS team cost UTEP dearly in attendance the rest of the way. The defense was still not prepared for the UNLV game either. This staff needs to improve and I have hope they will. They did improve the team for the middle of the schedule but played poorly down the stretch, mainly due to injuries. Year 2 is very important for this staff and the recruiting emphasis on JC transfers indicates that they know they better win more than 1 or 2 games in 2019.

Nobody cares what you think either Longhorn boy. All these other fans claim to hate UT fans, but are too big a pussies to say it to your face. You’re not a real Miner fan. As a real fan would not worship another UT system school.

I’m a UT grad. I also have attended grad school at UTEP.

You’re the pussy who didn’t show at Wolves Den.

Yeah its kinda like you coming back over and over again posting the same comments for 5 years and we are supposed to think your ideas are fresh and exciting? Ignore.

I remember the first time I had to use ignore. I couldn't find it. Now I'm a pro....another added to the list...

And I remember when I use to spend hours arguing with them fools. Now I just read their posts and laugh.

Please everybody, this. Arguing with someone whose sole purpose is to start a flame war will only serve to ruin a thread. Read their posts and laugh, place them on ignore, whatever works for you, just please don't argue with them.

Littrell not going to K-State. Now they’re after N. Dakota State Coach.

Apparently, K-State wouldn’t let Litrell bring all of his UNT staff with him. Bill trying to force his son onto whoever’s staff that is hired.

Kansas State chooses North Dakota State's Chris Klieman to be new head coach, sources confirm to CBS Sports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT