ADVERTISEMENT

Cahiem Brown: The Explanation

If Doutrive is cleared, he would get the open 2017 ride; assuming he comes. If he doesn't end up coming, Brown was pretty much let go for no reason. Also, keep in mind, an even bigger prize would be Devante's brother, who is ranked higher as a high school senior this year.

If Doutrive is cleared, he would get the open 2017 ride; assuming he comes. If he doesn't end up coming, Brown was pretty much let go for no reason. Also, keep in mind, an even bigger prize would be Devante's brother, who is ranked higher as a high school senior this year.
I think some of you are not understanding the situation, and I don't think Brown did either. If Doutrive is eligible and signs with UTEP and Brown is a prop 48 then they have nothing at all to do with one another. There are multiple open scholarships for 2018 that could be given to Brown. So far Lil-Train's explanation makes the most sense, otherwise Brown was just duped.

I think some of you are not understanding the situation, and I don't think Brown did either. If Doutrive is eligible and signs with UTEP and Brown is a prop 48 then they have nothing at all to do with one another. There are multiple open scholarships for 2018 that could be given to Brown. So far Lil-Train's explanation makes the most sense, otherwise Brown was just duped.
I don't think the UTEP staff, or the other schools, had any expectation that Doutrive might be available so late. It is not often a four star guy becomes eligible this late; if true. Seems to me, Doutrive would still need to be approved by the NCAA clearinghouse, like McSwiggan for example. If he "signs" it would be non-binding as the signing period is over. Time is quickly running out for him to enroll at a school for this semester. Other options would be Prep or JC, if he is not fully cleared. However, UTEP/CUSA offer the non-qualifier option that is not available with some other conferences. With regard to Brown, I think he was brought in with the intention of placing him on scholarship next year, but when Doutrive came available the staff had to prepare for the contingency that he does not clear, and they needed that spot open.

I don't think the UTEP staff, or the other schools, had any expectation that Doutrive might be available so late. It is not often a four star guy becomes eligible this late; if true. Seems to me, Doutrive would still need to be approved by the NCAA clearinghouse, like McSwiggan for example. If he "signs" it would be non-binding as the signing period is over. Time is quickly running out for him to enroll at a school for this semester. Other options would be Prep or JC, if he is not fully cleared. However, UTEP/CUSA offer the non-qualifier option that is not available with some other conferences. With regard to Brown, I think he was brought in with the intention of placing him on scholarship next year, but when Doutrive came available the staff had to prepare for the contingency that he does not clear, and they needed that spot open.

So your point is that we can only have two non-qualifiers at any given time? One would be Royster and the other would be Doutrive, if he decides on utep. Someone mentioned Royster not being enrolled, though. We obviously don't have all the facts.

So your point is that we can only have two non-qualifiers at any given time? One would be Royster and the other would be Doutrive, if he decides on utep. Someone mentioned Royster not being enrolled, though. We obviously don't have all the facts.
Correct. The other possibility was that Brown just wasn't very good in the pickups with the other guys. However, he was very clear in his explanation of what he was told the reason for letting him go was.

On the student directory, I don't think it has been updated yet. I didn't find some of the new guys on there yet.

Last edited:
Some people on here sure like to talk about virgins. LMAO!! I feel sorry for you people.

Interesting that the two virgin posts came without 2 minutes of each other.
BFSGiW4CEAA8L5R.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT