ADVERTISEMENT

CAN WE FREEZE TIME?

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
When was the last time we were "first" in anything positive? Right now we are #1 in the nation in scoring. Hodathunk it? We could barely scratch out 70 points last year, so if nothing else maybe we can score a little easier this year. We'll know pretty soon.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
When you play hanks high school twice you should lead the nation in scoring
It’s a mixed bag. There are some mid majors & P5 schools who are seeing things differently.

One of the best pg’s (I didn’t say best) from the west coast and one of the better unknowns in mid major HC’s in Joe Pasternack will be on UTEP soil Monday.

Looking forward to the game.

Done! They look very good!
I would say you're being "very" generous calling them "very good", they were good last night. They won and they had fun. I'm happy for Coach and the team, keep building on to your successes!! I hope Powell stays healthy - he's key to the Miner's progress - I liked how in one of the final timeouts in the huddle he had his left arm around coach's should and his right around another team mates it shows comfort & confidence & a banding together, like a family - to win that's what it takes sometimes.

Looks like the team I've been waiting for. Best performance by a Miner team since the Barbee era. So many transition baskets, didn't rely on bad 3 point shots, dominating in the paint, something like 8 or 9 dunks. Just amazing performance.
I wouldn't go that far. Nice early win, but we are still weak at the center position, rim defense, free throws and consistency in the back court/3 pt shooting. I will wait to see how pre-conference plays out before deciding. I will say that this team is playing together, playing fast and scoring more. There is a lot to work on.

Last edited:
Looks like the team I've been waiting for. Best performance by a Miner team since the Barbee era. So many transition baskets, didn't rely on bad 3 point shots, dominating in the paint, something like 8 or 9 dunks. Just amazing performance.
Terry’s win over NMSU in 2019 and Floyd’s win over MTSU in 2017 (their only CUSA loss), were arguably better performances since Barbee. Recency bias I guess.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Nice passing setup the pick and roll, I'm liking the semi-weave, but there were some bad shots taken from 3 & some crazy looking out of control bunnies, but the UTEP defense was stifling at times & produced some good points off turnovers. FT practice should be mandatory, do they still have those smaller diameter rims in Memorial Gym to practice FTs?

Pressure defense and transition buckets are fun. We're going to run into issues when we run into teams that won't give us 20-25 fast break points. As I've mentioned, I wasn't impressed with the half court defense - especially in the first half. I'm not as worried about the half court offense. It did get stagnant at times, but I think we have enough bucket getters to bail us out when that does happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT