ADVERTISEMENT

CFN UTEP vs NAU game prediction

Not my hope of course, but last year's team wan't even competitive and the incoming recruits weren't highly rated and the staff doesn't have a track record of success.

My prediction with my head is:
NAU: 28
UTEP: 21

My prediction with my heart is:
NAU: 21
UTEP:42 (Assuming Kugler's play-calling limited the player's potential as much as we think, assuming the new staff has learned through all their struggles).

Our defense is good. Our secondary is the best in the conference. I fully expect them to put on a show and get four turnovers.

On offense we have lots of playmakers but big question at UTEP. The key to the season on offense is the health of quadriz Wadley. Hes every bit the back Jones was. The only question with him is can he stay healthy. With a fullback the calibur of Dimel to open holes Wadley can put up 1600 yds this season. I expect us to run all over NAU.

Final score:

UTEP 52 NAU 13

I think it will take a while for the offense to start getting comfortable. I say we pull it out in the 4th quarter with a game winning drive.

UTEP: 21
NAU: 17

After watching the RICE game last night my confidence in winning decisively went down. Last year RICE beat us at home. They had a better recruiting class than we did. They had an easier FCS opponent than we do. It took a comeback to win with the clock winding down.

We are in for a war Saturday night. It doesn’t matter how ugly it is we have to start the Senter/Dimel era with a W or things will get ugly real quick.

UTEP 28
NAU 27

Reactions: mikesarabia
UTEP 17
NAU 14

WRs are what we think they are, neither QB stands out and defense makes just enough stops to keep NAU from stealing the game at the end.

Last edited:
My prediction is it will be a fight till the end but got UTEP with the W especially if Kai starts

UTEP 26
NAU 20

NAU is pass first last and always spread attack. They try to run a fast paced game, keeping the defense a little out of sync and getting as many plays in as possible. Short passes usually with quick receivers. Hard to pressure their QB with him getting rid of the ball quickly.

UTEP will be up to the task defensively but in this first game, adjusting will take a little time. UTEP's balanced offense will hit it's stride by the 2nd qtr and UTEP wins by the final score of:

UTEP 45 NAU 24

High Scoring, NAU won't stop the run and we won't stop the pass. Late interception makes the difference
Utep 35
NAU 31

Just going off paper for this game between both team, UTEP 49 NAU 21.

Dimel has to make a statement game. Flagstaff thinks their going to come in and win as they have been claiming the last month they are sadly mistaken. You don't give your opponent bulletin board material. Sweet jeezus, OU wasn't even this blatant and were respectful of the Miners (I can't believe I'm saying that).

Guess we got to blow off the dust off for this old video.

Reactions: utep-piggy
UTEP 31
NAU 13

they are coming in here really confident of a win. I say we slapdown the FCS little boy who needs to be quiet while the adults are talking

Reactions: OBRULE
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...all-2018-schedule-preview-big-sky/1085827002/

Here is a quick preview of NAU. Their QB has passed for a ton of yards, and they are getting their top WR back after missing last year with an injury. I hope the defense is what we are hyping it up to be because I wonder how this team will respond if they find themselves down 7-0 or worse.
I've stated that in several threads. They're good but UTEP will win. NAU runs the chuck n duck but the UTEP D was not that bad last year. Our offense was that bad. If I was Dimel, I would blow off the dust of the Houston vs UTEP when UH was in the top 15. The UTEP defence bent and bent but didn't break.

I remember FCS IW was coming into the Sun Bowl thinking they would win two to three years ago. Who stood up to the task? Some of those players who are still in the UTEP secondary. They were young bucks back then.

Reactions: Cube Jack
The one thing that really worries me is that we had a common opponent last year in Arizona. They put up almost 600 yards on them we barely cracked 100 vs them. So they can move the ball on a P5 program. Our offense needs to score points. If not we are in for an embarrassing start.

NAU 28 UTEP 24

Lockesly scrambles wild and runs for 100 yards but our passing game struggles on 3rd downs. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: minermx07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT