ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Ogden was Interviewed ( Strong Candidate )

Get2Paydirt

Four-star recruit
Sep 26, 2017
Other then Doole at Gulf Coast, IMO Ogden would be interesting if we are willing to take a chance on a good assistant coach. The way Texas Tech is playing, recruiting, regardless if we hire him or not he is going to get a bigger head coaching job in the next few seasons regardless if we bring him in or not. Let him come prove himself, create a solid class of athletes, and at least make the program respectable again.

What Tech has been able to do and so quickly is remarkable and Ogden has the connections and experience to really be given strong consideration. I still recall him from his Final 4 under Rick Barnes.

https://texastech.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1982&path=mbball

I don’t know much about Chris Ogden as a coach but I can say I played against him when he was a high school player at Seminole high school. Seminole is near Hobbs on the New Mexico/Texas state line. He was named Mr. Basketball for the state of Texas his senior year. Again can’t speak to his coaching ability other than simply looking at his bio but the guy was a bad mf’er as a player.

Lets hope he gets some strong consideration and that it just wasnt a ploy for himself to get a raise at Tech lol. Which I wouldnt be mad at him for. But look at the guys roots. Small Texas town near the New Mexico stateline! If that doesnt make sense for strong consideration for El Paso, I am not sure what would. Lets see, coaching experience in the Sec, coaching experience in the Big 12. Played in a Final Four under a hell of a coach. Ya how bout we give him a real thought here.

Ray Harper from JSU is a darn good candidate. He has been a winner at every gig in his career. 2 national titles on his resume.

Reactions: minermx07
Some Gopd Candidates. Ive always said Forbes was my highest choice, bit knew its be hard to get him. Ogden is a good choice and so are the other HC's on this list. I still think Ron Sanchez will be part of this list when its all said and done.

Reactions: axingfools1
Just don't get the assistant from TAMU. He was part of the SMU scandal that got them in trouble. If they'll cheat on the sheets, they'll cheat here and in other ways. You don't need a coach with the "whatever it takes to win" mentality. That opens themselves up to potential problems. Just look at Southern Miss. Their still paying for the crimes of their former coach.

I don’t know much about Chris Ogden as a coach but I can say I played against him when he was a high school player at Seminole high school. Seminole is near Hobbs on the New Mexico/Texas state line. He was named Mr. Basketball for the state of Texas his senior year. Again can’t speak to his coaching ability other than simply looking at his bio but the guy was a bad mf’er as a player.
The dude is a little homer looking but this isn't a beauty pageant (unless you work for someone with the last name of Trump).

AssistantCoachChrisOgden.jpg

Really not necessary...
You got on me for saying Thomas, Willms and Osborne were no shows last night, but then you do this?

Ah, the hypocrisy of the board. Not okay to say some players didn't play well.

Totally okay to bash someone's looks and throwing in a political reference.

But posting that Kugler and Floyd sucked is "troll" like. Cool.

Reactions: Get2Paydirt
Ray Harper from JSU is a darn good candidate. He has been a winner at every gig in his career. 2 national titles on his resume.

He actually has 4 National Titles between his DII and NAIA days. 9 National Title game appearances between the two levels.

Maybe its because i'm from Wisconsin, but Harper''s resume and background kind of reminds me of where Bo Ryan was before he got the Wisconsin job. Harper's that good but just needs the right opportunity and support.

Lets hope he gets some strong consideration and that it just wasnt a ploy for himself to get a raise at Tech lol. Which I wouldnt be mad at him for. But look at the guys roots. Small Texas town near the New Mexico stateline! If that doesnt make sense for strong consideration for El Paso, I am not sure what would. Lets see, coaching experience in the Sec, coaching experience in the Big 12. Played in a Final Four under a hell of a coach. Ya how bout we give him a real thought here.

Seminole, TX makes its revenue from a speedtrap where the highway MPH suddenly drops to 35. The trooper is waiting right behind the sign.

Paternity Case No. 2003AG5003 from the 383rd District Court. There is a public record. It involved a student, not necessarily a cheerleader.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...p-coach-jason-rabedeaux-death-remains-mystery

ESPN story says his wife and mistress were pregnant at the same time. Wasn’t there a phone call to Sports Talk prior to his firing?

He didn't get fired. His wife called Kappy's show and spilled the dirty laundry, live! Rab immediately contacted Stull and quit. From what I have read on here, the conversation is buried deep underground at the NORAD site with two active Seal Team 6 personnel watching over it. Locked, loaded and like an international chess master.

I know this thread has been derailed with Rabs talk but it really is a shame he went from the next great coach at UTEP to coaching in some trash league in Vietnam. At that point why even coach? Maybe it’s better to just get a 9 to 5 and at least get a pension and some benefits.

But you get what I’m saying. Poor Rabs was the coaching version of Mikey Rourke in “The Wrestler”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT