• 0-3

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • 4-6

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • 7+

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He did a good job at answering a lot of tough and good questions. He sounds confident about recruiting Texas and turning this program around.

One of the reporters couldn't beleive that he would want to come to UTEP. There might be more to that story based on what we are hearing from KSU fans (in regards to him leaving), but his explanation was sufficient enough.

He explained what happened at each school (including Houston) from his point of view.

He explained his plan. We all know the next few months from now through spring ball are crucial. Let's see what he can do.

I would say 0-3 wins right now but poll again in the summer..

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Well, someone in one of these threads said he's heavily involved in recruiting at Kansas St. If he's spent the last 10 years building recruiting connections, that would at least offer one piece of evidence that he'll be a better head coach this time. Heaven knows there's plenty of room for improvement on the recruiting front for UTEP.

Well, someone in one of these threads said he's heavily involved in recruiting at Kansas St. If he's spent the last 10 years building recruiting connections, that would at least offer one piece of evidence that he'll be a better head coach this time. Heaven knows there's plenty of room for improvement on the recruiting front for UTEP.
Its hard to tell. Snyder, as a HC, didn't allow hardly any recruiting in-season. Therefore, Dimel got lumped in with a group of "old coaches who don't care about recruiting", but I've met him and he's extremely personable. He may have far different philosophies on recruiting. Snyder wouldn't even let his coaches leave during the season with the exception of the bye week if I remember correctly.

Watch K State on youtube and you will see they spread the field most of the time. Run heavy, yes, but with a totally different scheme than Kuglers. He said he likes the young QB's at UTEP, watched their HS film. Already talking to HS coaches and JC coaches about recruits. He may not be at UTEP physically until after the K State bowl game but he is already working.

He seemed to say all the right things at the press conference. I am surprised that he he is coaching K-State into the bowl especially since he has to recruit a whole class and assemble a staff.

He seemed to say all the right things at the press conference. I am surprised that he he is coaching K-State into the bowl especially since he has to recruit a whole class and assemble a staff.
KSU fan here, but if I'm UTEP and I have what appears to be zero committed recruits, I'm screaming for him to skip the bowl game. Just my two cents.

Watch K State on youtube and you will see they spread the field most of the time. Run heavy, yes, but with a totally different scheme than Kuglers. He said he likes the young QB's at UTEP, watched their HS film. Already talking to HS coaches and JC coaches about recruits. He may not be at UTEP physically until after the K State bowl game but he is already working.
I just hope you have 2-3 able-bodied QB's at a mimimum if he runs them to death like he did at KSU (again, that could be more Snyder's influence than Dimel's wishes).

Also, believe his comment on recruiting character. Snyder was notorious for working people harder than almost any program out there. If he's anything like Snyder he'll try to whip 2-star kids into 3 star performers or better but there WILL be fallout.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
He said we are going into a dead period. Anyway, I think it's good that he stays through the bowl game. It shows his commitment to his current players.

I also liked how he took ownership of Kugler's players and how he will allow them to start over and have a chance to prove themselves. He's not making any excuses about the team he was left.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Watching that, I think we got Dimel because he’s experienced and excited about taking the UTEP job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT