ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball News 2021- '22

Not or be a little bitch or anything, some beef is good for a rivalry... but this year's Aggies act like they've never won before.

The way they jumped around after beating an undersized and outmanned UTEP team... then stomping the Lobo, you'd forget these guys win 25 games and take down their conference most of the last 10 (15?) years.

So I am in no way, shape, or form defending NMSU's player's behavior.

That said, they just played two tough games against us and UNM and came away with last second, hard fought victories. I won't hate on their players for expressing a little enthusiasm after games like this. In fact, I would expect that OUR guys express their enthusiasm had we come out victorious.

On second thought, I guess I am defending their behavior. As I would had it been our Miners celebrating instead.

Reactions: develman
So I am in no way, shape, or form defending NMSU's player's behavior.

That said, they just played two tough games against us and UNM and came away with last second, hard fought victories. I won't hate on their players for expressing a little enthusiasm after games like this. In fact, I would expect that OUR guys express their enthusiasm had we come out victorious.

On second thought, I guess I am defending their behavior. As I would had it been our Miners celebrating instead.

EDIT: I guess the Lobos did it to them last week so whatever, yolo.

Still stood out to me that they were so jazzed to beat a UTEP team that is nowhere near as deep or balanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRdKiller
Why do rivalries have to be soft nowadays? If you can't defend your home court or home field that's on you. I love it when I see schools plant their flags on the field of the team they just beat. That's what makes a game more interesting.

Why do rivalries have to be soft nowadays? If you can't defend your home court or home field that's on you. I love it when I see schools plant their flags on the field of the team they just beat. That's what makes a game more interesting.
Yup. That’s why there’s no rivalry between UTEP and UTSA. There’s one poster (Minerforlife) which says so, but it’s not and won’t ever be once they leave. When the rivalry is lopsided, it means less. UTEP basketball needs to start winning soon, or that NMSU game just becomes another game we expect to lose.

Yup. That’s why there’s no rivalry between UTEP and UTSA. There’s one poster (Minerforlife) which says so, but it’s not and won’t ever be once they leave. When the rivalry is lopsided, it means less. UTEP basketball needs to start winning soon, or that NMSU game just becomes another game we expect to lose.
We don't have any Texas rivals. Not even RICE felt like a rivalry even though we played each other since the WAC days. Maybe things change with SHSU.

Andy Morgan says Bienimy is out for the game tomorrow at UNM, the result of colliding with Kalu in the Kansas game. Loss #5 coming up.

Who’s gonna handle the ball for us, Souley “Loose Handles” Boum? Anyone think Giffa will get any minutes?

I don’t even know what to think of this one.

Reactions: axingfools1
Please not Agnew. And I’m not confident with the ball in Boum’s hands full time. I don’t know man.

But yeah, you’re probably right.
It's the beginning of a long year, I’m afraid. We are already short-handed in the scoring department and now this. Bunch of weapons shooting blanks.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Took this from the CUSA board. True definition of addition by subtraction.

Current CUSA
UAB 33
Louisiana Tech 88
North Texas 96
Middle Tenn. 117
Western Ky. 143
UTEP 160
Marshall 162
Rice 168
FIU 176
Charlotte 202
Fla. Atlantic 213
Old Dominion 239
UTSA 294
Southern Miss. 319
Average 172

Future CUSA
New Mexico St. 62
Louisiana Tech 88
Middle Tenn. 117
Western Ky. 143
Liberty 157
UTEP 160
FIU 176
Jacksonville St. 178
Sam Houston 285
Average 152

The new CUSA goes from 4 teams in the 200's and one in the 300's to just one in the 200's. Addition by subtraction.

G5 average comps based on future conference affiliations:
MWC 112
CUSA 152
AAC 162
MAC 196
SBC 198

Took this from the CUSA board. True definition of addition by subtraction.

Current CUSA
UAB 33
Louisiana Tech 88
North Texas 96
Middle Tenn. 117
Western Ky. 143
UTEP 160
Marshall 162
Rice 168
FIU 176
Charlotte 202
Fla. Atlantic 213
Old Dominion 239
UTSA 294
Southern Miss. 319
Average 172

Future CUSA
New Mexico St. 62
Louisiana Tech 88
Middle Tenn. 117
Western Ky. 143
Liberty 157
UTEP 160
FIU 176
Jacksonville St. 178
Sam Houston 285
Average 152

The new CUSA goes from 4 teams in the 200's and one in the 300's to just one in the 200's. Addition by subtraction.

G5 average comps based on future conference affiliations:
MWC 112
CUSA 152
AAC 162
MAC 196
SBC 198
These numbers are what? From which years?

These Covid mandates are getting ridiculous.

this virus is here to stay. There’s nothing that can be done in that regard, under current medical science. The vaccine mandate also does nothing. It neither prevents infection, nor prevents spread. Believe me, there are plenty vaccinated patients in my hospitals. We need to move on, and accept the reality of this already..,

this virus is here to stay. There’s nothing that can be done in that regard, under current medical science. The vaccine mandate also does nothing. It neither prevents infection, nor prevents spread. Believe me, there are plenty vaccinated patients in my hospitals. We need to move on, and accept the reality of this already..,
Graduates of Trump University Health Sciences should probably not be giving medical advice.

Are they dying? And if so how many compared to those that are unvaccinated? I don't think it's smart to downplay the importance of the vaccines. Hospitalizations are relative to the sheer numbers.

Are they dying? And if so how many compared to those that are unvaccinated? I don't think it's smart to downplay the importance of the vaccines. Hospitalizations are relative to the sheer numbers.
I don't think it's downplayed. To mandate a vaccine with the emphasis on not spreading it is false and misleading. What is the purpose of mandating the vaccine to a sports team? It will NOT prevent the athlete from getting it or spreading it. That is a fact. The Rams were 90% vaccinated, yet over half tested positive. The omicron spreads easier but has been responsible for ONE death worldwide.
Stress to everyone to get the vaccine to help THEMSELVES is the correct angle.
USAF is correct. This is here to stay. let's just live our lives again.
BTW I have taken the jabs....not for you, but for me!

Reactions: Dmanminer
I don't think it's downplayed. To mandate a vaccine with the emphasis on not spreading it is false and misleading. What is the purpose of mandating the vaccine to a sports team? It will NOT prevent the athlete from getting it or spreading it. That is a fact. The Rams were 90% vaccinated, yet over half tested positive. The omicron spreads easier but has been responsible for ONE death worldwide.
BTW I have taken the jabs....not for you, but for me!
Yep. Anybody that knows anything about COVID and the vaccines knows that it can still be contracted and spread. We have known that for quite a while (despite what we might continue to hear). These vaccines are different than anything we have seen in the past. Also remember that this is a VIRUS. That is NOT a reason to downplay the vaccines. The sole purpose of these vaccines are to reduce the risk of serious illness and death. Pro sports teams and their mandates have nothing to do with people dying at home or in the hospital so I really don't care how they approach it as long as they recommend getting vaccinated.

I'm glad you are vaccinated. I hope everybody on here is vaccinated. I am and so are my family members, yet there are still many that find any excuse not to get vaccinated and there are still many that promote that point of view. The large majority of people dying are unvaccinated. So again, don't downplay the vaccines (even if you can still get it or spread it and especially if you are going 'to just live your life'. They are saving way more lives than any of us can imagine. That's all.

Last edited:

robert-downey-jr-frustrated.gif

Yep. Anybody that knows anything about COVID and the vaccines knows that it can still be contracted and spread. We have known that for quite a while (despite what we might continue to hear). These vaccines are different than anything we have seen in the past. Also remember that this is a VIRUS. That is NOT a reason to downplay the vaccines. The sole purpose of these vaccines are to reduce the risk of serious illness and death. Pro sports teams and their mandates have nothing to do with people dying at home or in the hospital so I really don't care how they approach it as long as they recommend getting vaccinated.

I'm glad you are vaccinated. I hope everybody on here is vaccinated. I am and so are my family members, yet there are still many that find any excuse not to get vaccinated and there are still many that promote that point of view. The large majority of people dying are unvaccinated. So again, don't downplay the vaccines (even if you can still get it or spread it and especially if you are going 'to just live your life'. They are saving way more lives than any of us can imagine. That's all.
Again, I will say this.....by mandating the vaccine to a sports team, a federal agency, or the city council, you are implying the vaccine is to protect you from getting the virus. If you are not implying this, why not just state the facts? I have zero problems with them promoting getting the vaccine, although at this point I do wonder how effective it is. Funny how sooooo many were against the Trump vaccine but Biden takes office and it's the wonder drug. It's "free" but pharmaceutical companies are getting richer by the day. Interesting.....
I'm not one to hate against everything. I attempt to use common sense....BUT....none of this makes sense at all. 2 years in and the most brilliant minds on the planet haven't figured SOMETHING out? I call bullshit.

Anywho.....we have a game tonight.....I need some deflection.....my world is a mess right now...peace out

Reactions: FedupMiner
BTW I have taken the jabs....not for you, but for
Scientists say omicron spreads more easily than other coronavirus strains, including delta, though many details about it remain unknown, including whether it causes more or less severe illness. But even if it is milder, the new variant could still overwhelm health systems because of the sheer number of infections. Sooooo...stop basing all of your decisions on where Trump or Fox News directs you and get vaccinated for the good of mankind (or womankind).

Again, I will say this.....by mandating the vaccine to a sports team, a federal agency, or the city council, you are implying the vaccine is to protect you from getting the virus. If you are not implying this, why not just state the facts? I have zero problems with them promoting getting the vaccine, although at this point I do wonder how effective it is. Funny how sooooo many were against the Trump vaccine but Biden takes office and it's the wonder drug. It's "free" but pharmaceutical companies are getting richer by the day. Interesting.....
I'm not one to hate against everything. I attempt to use common sense....BUT....none of this makes sense at all. 2 years in and the most brilliant minds on the planet haven't figured SOMETHING out? I call bullshit.

Anywho.....we have a game tonight.....I need some deflection.....my world is a mess right now...peace out

You are conflating the vaccines with masks and social distancing and such. To paraphrase you and to add to what you said earlier, look at it this way:

I took the jabs for me. I wear the mask for you.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, @UTEP_MBB still has its 44- year old arena that has never had any structural upgrades... until that new bar gets built just for those certain boosters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT