ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball News 2021- '22

Tried to find it but couldn't. There was a recent post somewhere on "secret" practice games including UTEP vs TCU and I think Houston Baptist. Any of you remember this and know the dates?

Tried to find it but couldn't. There was a recent post somewhere on "secret" practice games including UTEP vs TCU and I think Houston Baptist. Any of you remember this and know the dates?

I posted a score of the UTEP-Houston Baptist game and it along with related responses have vanished.
Why?

A little bit of old news but I found this out today.

Looks like Tarleton St already beat us out for a recruit.

His is mom is the Senior Women's administrator at UTEP.
That Billy Gillespie can really recruit!

Reactions: JCorona
Stumbled across the DePaul vs Coppin State game. Tarke’s little bro is explosive and plays a lot like big bro does. But what caught my attention is Jesse Zarzuela plays the point for CS. He is a good ball player. Good handles, drives and dishes, can shoot. I think he’s got 15 in the 1st half with a few dimes to go along with the pts.

I don’t even remember, did Zarzuela not qualify? Did CRT over sign? Anybody remember why didn’t end up at UTEP?

Stumbled across the DePaul vs Coppin State game. Tarke’s little bro is explosive and plays a lot like big bro does. But what caught my attention is Jesse Zarzuela plays the point for CS. He is a good ball player. Good handles, drives and dishes, can shoot. I think he’s got 15 in the 1st half with a few dimes to go along with the pts.

I don’t even remember, did Zarzuela not qualify? Did CRT over sign? Anybody remember why didn’t end up at UTEP?
He came in the summer before the fall semester, and didn't see an immediate path to playing time, so he ended up leaving. I remember thinking he looked like he had some good skills; too bad Terry wasn't able/willing to keep him around.

He came in the summer before the fall semester, and didn't see an immediate path to playing time, so he ended up leaving. I remember thinking he looked like he had some good skills; to bad Terry wasn't able/willing to keep him around.
Kinda remember that. We’ve had so many leave, or never even show up. Rivals had him listed as a 2 guard but he is creative with the ball in his hands. Definitely a shoot first PG. Has 18 points in the first 22 minutes.

UTSA lost to a D2 team.

UNT lost to Buffalo.
Buffalo loss by UNT is digestible. UTSA not so much because early OOC losses to a lesser divisional opponent by mid major hurts IF they turn out to have a good overall season (but bounced out of conference tourney) but majors not so much come post seeding time. If UTSA has a good season this loss could bite them come March.

The NCAA committee has made it clear to mid majors: Win the games your supposed to win, upset some P5 team(s) and maybe you’ll get a sniff, otherwise we take a 18-15 Big East team as a low seed. It is what it is and CUSA looks weak again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT